Captain America: Super Soldier Review

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Captain America: Super Soldier Review

It's heroic, but it could probably use another dose of Super Soldier serum.

Read Full Article

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Woah, woah, woah...those guys towards the end of the video in Yellow...were those AIM foot soldiers?!

Still, the game looked pretty nice. Can't wait for that to get pushed into a bargain bin!

hipster666

Dec 13, 2009
For a movie PRAISING the effort made it does come across as a condemnation. The problem is, with the polish put on this turd will it make enough of a sales difference to push developers further to producing an actual GOOD movie-tie-in game?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I actually want to try this game, like for real (not gonna BUY it full price but...yeah)

it was disappointing when the Iron Man games couldn't get it right even with two chances...like seriously you're flying around shooting stuff and blowing crap up. somehow even that was made horrendous lol

FPSMadPaul

Master Of The Smurfs
Sep 27, 2010
duchaked said:
I actually want to try this game, like for real (not gonna BUY it full price but...yeah)

it was disappointing when the Iron Man games couldn't get it right even with two chances...like seriously you're flying around shooting stuff and blowing crap up. somehow even that was made horrendous lol
I very much enjoyed the flying aspect for about ten minutes though. Surely that's enough to warrant £40, no? ~ [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%7E&defid=3109117]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
FPSMadPaul said:
duchaked said:

I very much enjoyed the flying aspect for about ten minutes though. Surely that's enough to warrant £40, no? ~ [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%7E&defid=3109117]
loll I remember playing the demo in a store...then I switched to the Kung Fu Panda demo and had more fun playing that

FPSMadPaul

Master Of The Smurfs
Sep 27, 2010
duchaked said:
FPSMadPaul said:
duchaked said:

loll I remember playing the demo in a store...then I switched to the Kung Fu Panda demo and had more fun playing that
That truly sums up Iron Man The Game

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
it's really sad, you could make so many great games out of iron man and the actual games were sooooooooo bad.
This seems to be worth my money around the time the avengers come around.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I got a lend of this game, I had a blast with it. But i am glad that i didn't buy it because theres no replay value at all.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Wolverine's Revenge tie in game. It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.

OT:

I'm a huge Green Lantern and DC fan, but I had no want to play the game for that. This, however, actually looks like a pretty fun game that I might pick up when it gets a little cheaper.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.
Don't you mean "like Batman: Arkham Asylum but" stamp?

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws, direction and combos. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

This is also the exact reason I'm going out now to rent this game.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws and direction. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

No I was talking about the Wolverine game being like GOW. This game looks very much like an AA clone, but so long as it's fun I'll get it when it's a little cheaper. I'm a fan of Cap and so a game that's decent with him in it will definitely garner some cash from me!

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws and direction. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

No I was talking about the Wolverine game being like GOW. This game looks very much like an AA clone, but so long as it's fun I'll get it when it's a little cheaper. I'm a fan of Cap and so a game that's decent with him in it will definitely garner some cash from me!
nevermind, i'm getting my games mixed up.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Hey, look a review of the game on The Escapist! Didn't expect that, especially since it's a movie tie-in game.
I just finished watching SSoHPKC's playthrough of the game on YouTube. He thought that as a game, it was okay, pretty gun, and gave it a 7.5/10 ; but as a movie tie-in, it was pretty fucking awesome according to him, and gave it a 9.5/10 in that regard, then went off to see the movie he's been hearing so many good things about.
Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTz-qsAfWw&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPAC8DC5B759C8BDDB

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Woah, woah, woah...those guys towards the end of the video in Yellow...were those AIM foot soldiers?!

Still, the game looked pretty nice. Can't wait for that to get pushed into a bargain bin!
Same here, not worth a full price tag what's offered but definately merits a playthrough for arkham style gameplay and general faux-Nazi head busting action.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I agree. I completed this game 100% during one of my rental periods.

This game isn't good enough for a buy people, but it certainly will keep you entertained long enough for a rental.

Meanwhile, the combat is good, almost as developed as Batman Arkham Asylum (There are many similarities). Some of the points mentioned in this review, such as the collectible locations, are forgetable once you get into this game and I did learn to take that with a pince of salt.

So yes, rent the game, you won't be dissapointed. It's not an amazing game, but it will keep you going while you wait for a big release.