Captain America: Super Soldier Review

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
Thanks for the review steve, as always informative and helpful. Maybe i'll toss this in the gamefly for one of the months I don't have a lot of anything coming.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'll be all over this when it hits $20.

Until then. I'll be all over Oblivion again to get ready for Skyrim. AWWWW. YEAH.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.
Don't you mean "like Batman: Arkham Asylum but" stamp?

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws and direction. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

This is also the exact reason I'm going out now to rent this game.
No I was talking about the Wolverine game being like GOW. This game looks very much like an AA clone, but so long as it's fun I'll get it when it's a little cheaper. I'm a fan of Cap and so a game that's decent with him in it will definitely garner some cash from me!
nevermind, i'm getting my games mixed up.
That's okies, I see now that I worded it a bit wierd at first, hehe. If you haven't played the Wolverene game, you should check it out as it should be pretty cheap now and it's a pretty fun game. It has lots of nods to the comics and kind of fills in it's own story where it wants to. It still has the same Deadpool at the end, though.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws and direction. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

No I was talking about the Wolverine game being like GOW. This game looks very much like an AA clone, but so long as it's fun I'll get it when it's a little cheaper. I'm a fan of Cap and so a game that's decent with him in it will definitely garner some cash from me!
That's okies, I see now that I worded it a bit wierd at first, hehe. If you haven't played the Wolverene game, you should check it out as it should be pretty cheap now and it's a pretty fun game. It has lots of nods to the comics and kind of fills in it's own story where it wants to. It still has the same Deadpool at the end, though.
Well I haven't played Wolverine's Revenge, but I have X-men Origins: Wolverine on PC, and its actually pretty fun. Like a poor mans God of War with Wolverine, and even more violent.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:
Zing said:
Vohn_exel said:

Well I haven't played Wolverine's Revenge, but I have X-men Origins: Wolverine on PC, and its actually pretty fun. Like a poor mans God of War with Wolverine, and even more violent.

Wait, now it's me that has his games messed up. I was talking about Wolverine Origins before. Did I say Wolverine's Revenge? Haha, no wonder we were having trouble, my bad!

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
nothing matches taking down the sentinel in X-men Origins Wolverine. However im not sure why the deadpool battle was kept, it required heavy mod to the cooling tower design to make it work in the game.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Hold the phone, a not terrible Green Lantern game and a not terrible Captain America game soon after?

MADNESS!

... also, somewhere the people that worked on Thor are hanging themselves.