Captain America: The Winter Soldier Gets Explosive New Trailer

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Captain America: The Winter Soldier Gets Explosive New Trailer

A new trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier focuses in on the film's titular villain.

While there were some who thought that Captain America: The First Avenger was a <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3749-Captain-America>homerun superhero flick, it's not my favorite of the pre-Avenger's Marvel movies. There were certainly some elements I liked about it but, overall, I found it to be pretty underwhelming and just a bit too montage-y. That in mind, Captain America: The Winter Solider is starting to get me excited, thanks in no small part to a recently released trailer.

The trailer in question makes the smart choice of focusing in on the titular Winter Soldier who is already looking like a much more interesting villain than Hugo Weaving's Red Skull from the first movie and more than a match for Cap himself. The trailer additionally gives an extended look at Anthony Mackie's Falcon in action, which is nice. If that isn't enough, one brief scene also makes it looks like we'll be seeing a helicarrier engaged in full-on aerial combat which will likely be all sorts of flashy awesome. Countering that however, is a brief glimpse of a more somber moment that would seem to hint at a significant death taking place at some point in the film. Granted, death is rarely permanent when in the Marvel universe (both on the page and on-screen), but it will still be interesting to see who gets the axe.

The point to take away here is that The Winter Soldier is looking like it could be pretty danged good. Granted, I could just be getting hyped up for another letdown, but the Marvel movies have arguably just been getting better as time goes on. If nothing else, I'm feeling hopeful that its April release will at least deliver a solid action flick that will further lines up the pins for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Source: <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlILk2WMTI>YouTube

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I wonder if they will reveal who The Winter Soldier really is. I'm confused as to who the woman is suppose to be though.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I saw the extended trailer last night and it looks amazing. This is definitely on my "to watch" list of movies in 2014. Hope this lives up to the hype. =)

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
Couldn't really tell in the trailer but do they have a different actress laying Black Widow?

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Two eyebrows up, way up!

I am intrigued. I liked the first CA well enough but always felt he was more interesting as a 'fish out of water' type of hero and after the first movie worried they weren't going to bring him into the present day. This looks to be more what I'd hoped for.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
chaser5000 said:
Couldn't really tell in the trailer but do they have a different actress laying Black Widow?
Nope, still Scarlett Johannsen (probably spelled that wrong).

On topic: I think the dead guy might have been Clint Barton, considering his total lack of being in the trailers at all.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
This looks so good. I loved the first one. It was my favorite of all the Marvel movies. And this will probably beat it. My favorite girl is in it as well and she is looking fine :)

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
It's good to see that Cap isn't changing who he is because S.H.I.E.L.D is changing. "People are going to die. I can't let that happen." Good. I was afraid they were going to make him more brooding and darker, and basically destroy the aspect of what makes me like him more than anyone else on the Avengers team.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This gets me more excited everytime I see something new about it :)

I liked the first one, most likely will at least enjoy this one.

And that's what movies are all about!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Looking so good. I'd also say Captain America was probably my favourite of the generation 1 Marvel movies and Winter Soldier is looking like it might just continue that (though I did enjoy Thor 2 a lot more than I thought I would).

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
It's good to see that Cap isn't changing who he is because S.H.I.E.L.D is changing. "People are going to die. I can't let that happen." Good. I was afraid they were going to make him more brooding and darker, and basically destroy the aspect of what makes me like him more than anyone else on the Avengers team.
Yeah, I admit that while I am more of a fan for anti-heroes and more dark heroes, the Cap should stay as a good natured man strong in morals and mind

NitehawkFury

Apr 8, 2011
Shoot, I was already excited before. Now, I'm just even more pumped. April can't get here fast enough for this.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Quiet Stranger said:
I wonder if they will reveal who The Winter Soldier really is. I'm confused as to who the woman is suppose to be though.
If it's anything like the Comics...

Winter Soldier is an old friend of Captain America's - Bucky Barnes. In the comics, Bucky lost an arm and was believed to be killed trying to defuse a bomb on a plane Baron Zemo had planted. He was found soon after by General Vasily Karpov, brought to Moscow and revived, getting a new bionic arm in the process.

In the Marvel Movieverse though, I belive events around Bucky's demise were changed - he "died" when he was thrown out of an armoured train in the first movie.

People more Comic wise can correct me if I am wrong in any way. Then again, for now all I got is a theory given the Movieverse is willing to alter existing continuity - Hank Pym for example is stated to no longer be a part of Ultron's backstory for example, so there is an odd there is someone else behind the faceplate.

By the by, totally digging his costume.