Captain Jack Harkness Becomes Real Life Crime Fighter

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Captain Jack Harkness Becomes Real Life Crime Fighter

Captain Jack: Immortal. Lover. Crime fighter. He's like a sexier version of Batman.

John Barrowman is already regarded by many to be one of the sexiest (if not the sexiest) actors to appear in the Doctor Who universe. Not me, of course. <a href=https://twitter.com/#!/vansau/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fbfg5fEmb>I'm a bow tie man. However, Barrowman just became even more swoon-worthy, since he's now a crime fighter with a heart of gold.

Barrowman was in Newcastle, attending a concert with his parents. When he returned to the hotel in Glasgow where he was staying, he suddenly stumbled across a scuffle involving hotel staff and some thieves. It turns out that a woman and her husband had been woken up by two boys ransacking their room, and one of the kids punched a staff member during the ensuing escape attempt.

Barrowman, however, caught one of the teens and managed to detain him:

"I grabbed the kid's ankles, yanked him to the ground and then pulled him out into the hallway. I pinned him down. My tour manager then arrived and the three of us held him down until the police came."

That's not where the story ends. Barrowman, who was saddened to see a kid who is only 14 or so and "on drugs" said he'd like to help him out and possibly give him a job.

Barrowman's been pretty adamant about how he's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112941-Captain-Jack-Wants-to-Be-Part-of-TARDIS-Birthday-Bash>hoping to be a part of the 50th anniversay celebration for Doctor Who. If he keeps on acting like a real life superhero, I don't foresee him having much trouble getting fan support.

Source: Wales Online via <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/11/john_barrowman_is_a_kind-hearted_badass.php>Topless Robot

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
And I just watched a play about William Gillette solving a murder mystery. Wow.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Wait, fifty years have passed already?!

Completely missing the point.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
*swoon*

I think I need to start writing John Barrowman slashfiction immediately. Where he and I go on wild adventures. In space. With a chimp. Named Nathan.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Yeah, he's cute, but he still can't compare to the hotness that is David Tennant.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Will the man never cease to amaze?

Wait, he'll give him a job? I need a job. So if I punch some hoyel employees, while on drugs in the presence of John Barrowman, he'll give me a job? ;)

Seriously though, I love that man.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
a smile from ears to ears appeared on my face, then i just thought about and said to myself "yeah, doctor who still doing good. Even in real life."

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
Catalyst6 said:
*swoon*

I think I need to start writing John Barrowman slashfiction immediately. Where he and I go on wild adventures. In space. With a chimp. Named Nathan.
Drake, I presume?

Also, well done Barrowman.
Now we just need Jack back with Midshipman Alonso, Tennant and preferably Simms too.
Those were the days.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Aethren said:
Yeah, he's cute, but he still can't compare to the hotness that is David Tennant.
As a completely straight male, I can attest to this fact.

Still, in a certain light, Barrowman can be said to have a particular charm about him...

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
I thought I would be getting something more related to the following Captain Jack when I clicked. But I admit my Doctor Who knowledge are a bit low, since about only thing we get from English TV where I live use to be some dubbed documentary from BBC. (And my knowledge of what going on on TV is a bit low considering my TV hasn't been turned on in like 3 years now =p)