Carmageddon: Reincarnation Roars to Life

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Carmageddon: Reincarnation Roars to Life

Stainless Games is back in the driver's seat for Carmageddon: Reincarnation, the long-awaited new title in the racing series for the chemically imbalanced.

The countdown timer that Carpocalypse Now [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110245-Countdown-Timer-Hints-at-New-Carmageddon].

"Carmageddon: Reincarnation will feature the same black humor and comic violence that made the original game such a success," said Stainless Executive Director and Co-Founder Neil Barnden. "All the laughs, the crazy power-ups, and extreme destruction will return. We will make sure the existing fans get what they want and expect from a Carmageddon game, and a new generation discovers the delights of sliding into a Cunning Stunt."

"I was in the war!" added Stainless CEO Patrick Buckland.

Very little is known about the game at this point beyond the fact that it exists; Carmageddon: Reincarnation is currently slated for digital release in 2012 but platforms have not yet been revealed. What information is available, along with community forums, developer blog and even a chance to score some sweet Carmageddon loot, can be found at carmageddon.com [http://www.carmageddon.com/].

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Great news. I can't wait to fire up the Pedestrian/Zombie Electo-Bastard Ray, gaming's greatest title weapon ever.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Holy hell! First Duke Nukem actually says it'll be coming out after all...and now this.

What other wondorously 'immature' games of my teenage childhood will return from their supposed demise and how can I shove my money into their pockets fast enough?

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
I loved the demo, but was unfortunately too young to convince my parents to buy me "A game from the devil". I eagerly await news on this game.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Oh man, memory lane.
We used to play Carmageddon at my school over LAN.
It was awesome.

"I was in the war!"

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Notch (of minecraft fame) may be helping with this, answering a call for partners in creation, look at his twitter page to see http://twitter.com/#!/notch/statuses/75926823376138240

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
This is great news, now please be made for the PC, too, m'kay??
Also, the video made my nostalgia sensor go trough the roof.
I remember that damn pinball mode was really dangerous if you crashed in-doors. Wrecked your car totally. And the game had so much class, making farting noises when shooting the bombs... oh man. Such an awesome game.
And "you finished 'em"- oh my god, the nostalgia!!!!

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I hope they have banger racing DLC. For anyone that has carmageddon 2, just look up seduction of destruction. It's an awesome total conversion.

captcha: Village ldityp

Captcha's calling me an idiot and it doesn't even know how to spell idiot. Pot, meet kettle

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
First You Don't Know Jack gets a great new game, then Duke Nukem Forever actually gets released, now the announcement of a new Carmageddon! The 90's are back, and it ain't so bad!

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
Awesome. I hope they stay true to the original formula. Big city (or cities), none of those stupid stunt tracks, and focus on multiplayer, gore, and crazyness.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
that brings back memories...

Carmageddon was never anything to write home about, wasn't great. but it wasn't bad either and it had a childlike glee with the gore and kills. And those powerups... i will say this it is the most fun i had with a game about cars and racing.

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
rayen020 said:
that brings back memories...

Carmageddon was never anything to write home about, wasn't great. but it wasn't bad either and it had a childlike glee with the gore and kills. And those powerups... i will say this it is the most fun i had with a game about cars and racing.
Wronggggg checkpoint!

DethKid

Feb 16, 2011
i am about to die with excitement...

i loved carpocalypse now

i will get this...and play it...and once again find complete pleasure in tboning my opponets...have them explode and then watch their corpse of a car slowly leak oil

haha

i want it nooooowwww

guess im gonna try and work out how to play the old ones on windows 7...not a problem