Carrie Fisher Confirms Star Wars Cast Reunion In Episode VII

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Carrie Fisher Confirms Star Wars Cast Reunion In Episode VII

Carrie Fisher says that she, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford will begin work on J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII this spring.

Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia will all turn up in Star Wars: Episode VII, according to actress Carrie Fisher, who recently told TV Guide that she's looking forward to beginning work on the film in March or April along with Ford and Hamill. She said she'd like to wear her famous Leia hairdo again, but with white hair, adding, "I think that would be funny."

The roles that Luke, Leia and Han will play in the new film have been a matter of much conjecture. It was reported earlier this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131253-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-To-Be-a-Send-Off-For-the-Original-Cast] that departed screenwriter Michael Arndt originally had them on the sidelines in favor of a focus on a new cast, while director Abrams wanted to keep the trio front and center in order to give them a proper send-off. With Arndt out and "heavy revisions" to the script made by Abrams and his screenwriting partner Lawrence Kasdan, it would appear that the original Star Wars heroes will be the stars of the new show too.

Abrams confirmed earlier this week that the script for Star Wars: Episode VII is now complete [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131461-J-J-Abrams-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-Script-Finished]. The film is currently slated to hit the big screen on December 18, 2015.

Source: Belfast Telegraph [http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/fisher-confirms-star-wars-return-29940627.html]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This is going to be so awkward.

On a pseudo-related note: God damn, imagine how Carrie Fisher would look if she never got addicted to coke. I bet she'd be a smokin' G-MILF.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Is this going to be Karen Allen in Crystal Skull times 3?

Gravity has not been kind to these people, I know that.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Dang, and here I was hoping that they would be relegated to a supporting role at most. Sounds unlikely at this point. As I said in a previous thread, the thought of a geriatric Luke Skywalker hopping and twirling all over the place in a prequel style lightsaber duel borders on sacrilege (though it would be hilarious).

The Star Wars universe is vast, with an entire populated galaxy to work with. There are so many new and exciting directions they could go (especially since Disney is going to revise what is considered "canon" for the Expanded Universe). Why must everything revolve around the same few people and families all the time? Everyone is going to see the movie anyway due to brand recognition, so why not try going in a completely new direction?

But hey, if that's the direction they're going to go, is it too late to suggest that Kyle Katarn make an appearance at some point? He is best pony Jedi, after all.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
The nice thing about Mark and Carrie's characters is that they're both Jedi. Easiest way in the world to justify old people casually beating down younger characters.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Would have preferred a brand new story with brand new characters - a completely new trilogy from the ground up separate from the other 6 movies. I just get the feeling they want to ride on nostalgia instead of just telling an awesome story with an awesome set of new characters.

Epic_Bubble

Oct 19, 2013
ugh I think ill wait for the reviews before I throw money at this venture. It seems the news just goes from bad to worse. You know how people want Mass Effect without commander Shepard and for good reason. People want Starwars without luke,han,wookie for good reason.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
I fear for this film. No offense to the actors, but nobody wants to see aged Luke, Han, and Leia in leading roles (unless it's Han's protracted barfight with Bobba Fett). They really should have stayed in the side role.

As for a send off, they already got a proper one, you can't get much more saccharine sweet than Return of the Jedi's ending. I'm actually happy that this will be new content, not based on the novels. However, I must admit a little sadness at not seeing a film version of Mara Jade (which, let's face it, we'd only want to see going up against young Luke anyways).

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Christopher Lee was a Sith Lord with a two-on-one battle in the last Star Wars.
He was 82.

Granted, few people are as awesome as Christopher Lee is at life (killing Nazis with the real James Bond, releasing heavy metal albums after nine decades, marrying a supermodel, being in almost every popular franchise, being an active actor in his 90s...), but I imagine Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill can still keep up well enough.

Though, with apologies to Ms. Fisher, I'm not exactly eager to see her in the slave bikini anytime soon.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
It is nice to see the original trio back in this movie. I'm just on my knees praying that their roles will be minor and their presence will be more of a "passing of the torch" moment for the younger actors. if that isn't the case, then Disney needs to nut up and either (a) ditch Abrams for a more competent director, (b) place Abrams in a production role where he isn't screwing the pooch, or (c) hook a shock collar around his neck and pump a couple thousand volts into him the instant the production starts to go catawampus. I recommend the third option since it would certainly kill his fetish for lens flare quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I have a bad feeling about this. I liked Abram's films and all, but shouldn't the first film of a trilogy be devoted to setting up the characters for the next two films, rather than have the first film focus on a group of different people? It's like the Lord of the Rings trilogy if the first movie was just an adaptation of The Hobbit.

ungothicdove

Nov 30, 2007
I hope they can get Lando in there too. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic, but I wish Abrams wasn't directing.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Fappy said:
This is going to be so awkward.

On a pseudo-related note: God damn, imagine how Carrie Fisher would look if she never got addicted to coke. I bet she'd be a smokin' G-MILF.
30 years too late. Carrie has gone on record as being out of her head on coke during the filming of Empire and Return.

Ace Morologist

Apr 25, 2013
Dear Execs and Creative Professionals Who Will Not Read This:

Nostalgia is a poison.
Old franchises do not need to pass the torch on to new franchises set in that same setting.
The Star Wars setting should no longer be about Luke and the people in his orbit.
Drop the episode-numbering bullcrap.

Give us cool samurai and cowboy adventure stories with spaceships, aliens, droids and exotic locations. They don't even have to be big and epic anymore. Just use what you should have learned in middle school language arts classes, high school writing courses and college film-making classes. Believable characters, sound narrative structure, solid composition, tight pacing. Don't try to "do right by" generations of Star Wars fans, just make a decent movie without either pandering or coasting on name-recognition alone. I swear it isn't hard. Any fool can do it.

The Star Wars movies we love are proof of that.

--Morology!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
We already knew the original cast was coming back. It'd be insane if they weren't. I'm still holding out hope though that the movie won't be about them. But the more news that comes out, the more those hopes dim...

Man, a movie starring Jaina, Jacen, and/or Anakin, or even Ben could have been so cool...

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
Sniper Team 4 said:
We already knew the original cast was coming back. It'd be insane if they weren't. I'm still holding out hope though that the movie won't be about them. But the more news that comes out, the more those hopes dim...

Man, a movie starring Jaina, Jacen, and/or Anakin, or even Ben could have been so cool...
I really enjoyed those as well but i would LOVE to see a Darth Bane trilogy made loved that series

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
I was really hoping that this wouldn't happen. Carrier Fisher and Mark Hamill do not need any further live appearances.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
To note: Carrie Fisher and James Earl Jones will be appearing in The Big Bang Theory soon :D.

Side Note: For those talking about Carrie Fishers coke addiction, keep in mind she is also severely bi-polar. Might be another excuse for that little piece of crazy.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Leviano said:
To note: Carrie Fisher and James Earl Jones will be appearing in The Big Bang Theory soon :D.

Side Note: For those talking about Carrie Fishers coke addiction, keep in mind she is also severely bi-polar. Might be another excuse for that little piece of crazy.
She was also a start-up Hollywood actress who out of the blue made like a million Lucasfilm megabucks.

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA FUCKING DO, NOT DO COCAINE??

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
To be absolutely fair to Carrie Fisher re: looks, keep in mind that a) Palpatine looks like fucking monster-mashed potatoes and he's like the best character in the film:

EW WHO PUT THAT GUY IN A SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER HE LOOKS LIKE A WEIRDO!! ;(

and b) movie magic!! I mean here's Femi Taylor as Oola, with a 15-year gap:

SHE'S LIKE THE SAME PERSON AND ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS DIP GREEN PAINT OVER HER AND GIVE HER TENTACLE HAIR AND BAM IT'S LIKE SHE NEVER LEFT THE EMPLOY OF MEGABUCKS LUCASFILM AT ALL

The actors will do fine. They've proven themselves pretty capable at turning in the required performance, and Mark Hamill's voice acting career has given him a vibrancy that will totally make his acting chops from the 80s look like the crap they were. The problem is not with these fine people, it is with whatever script they may have to struggle through. They will do the job asked of them - we should direct our ire at the job, not them.