Carrie Fisher Had a Secret Dishonored Cameo

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Carrie Fisher Had a Secret Dishonored Cameo

Fisher played the "alternate street speaker voice" that would only appear if the player managed to find and kill the original street speaker.

Carrie Fisher, who Harvey Smith [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169139-Carrie-Fisher-Has-Passed-Away-at-60] one of the directors of the original Dishonored, Tweeted out a tribute to Fisher, stating that she was "was gracious, funny and creatively open when we worked with her for a small role in Dishonored."

If you're scratching your head thinking "I certainly don't remember Carrie Fisher in Dishonored" - Fisher's role was a little bit of a secret Easter egg that could only be unlocked in a certain way. She played the "alternate street speaker voice". Fans will no doubt remember the original propaganda spouting street speaker voice was a man, but, during the mission to remove the Lord Regent, you could actually find and kill the street speaker man. If you did, he would be replaced by Fisher, who you can hear in the video above.

It's a small little role that may have been overlooked by many!

Soruce: GamesRadar [http://www.gamesradar.com/hear-carrie-fishers-almost-hidden-role-in-dishonored/]

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That rather sums up Carrie Fisher's post Star Wars career, doing cool things when nobody was looking.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Skip to about the 6:20 mark for the actual VO. All that before is a partial playthrough of a mission.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Guess everyone who ran the pacifist run never had a chance of finding her, then. :p

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
I was about to start a new Dishonoured playthrough, pacifist btw. But now there is one personal I'm going to have to kill.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
damn, i never killed this guy and i have played it twice. once killing everyone and obviously a pacifist run. always funny how some well known people give their voices without anyone really noticing it.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
RJ 17 said:
Guess everyone who ran the pacifist run never had a chance of finding her, then. :p
Maybe, but this isn't undertale, you didn't need zero kills to get low chaos.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ruisu said:
RJ 17 said:
Oh I know, but there's a difference between low chaos and a pacifist run. Pacifist implies that you're doing it entirely non-lethally, at least that was always my definition of it. :p

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Ruisu said:
RJ 17 said:
Oh I know, but there's a difference between low chaos and a pacifist run. Pacifist implies that you're doing it entirely non-lethally, at least that was always my definition of it. :p
Pacifist runs are usually ones that completely avoid combat. (In stealth games, these are a little different from Ghost runs, where you're completely undetected.) Non-lethal runs are just that.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Starke said:
RJ 17 said:
Ruisu said:
RJ 17 said:
Pacifist runs are usually ones that completely avoid combat. (In stealth games, these are a little different from Ghost runs, where you're completely undetected.) Non-lethal runs are just that.
My friend, if you're completely avoiding combat all together then it goes without saying that you're not killing anyone.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Starke said:
RJ 17 said:
Ruisu said:
RJ 17 said:
My friend, if you're completely avoiding combat all together then it goes without saying that you're not killing anyone.

Remember, we're talking about a game where there is a non-lethal combat route.