Carrie Fisher Has Died at 60

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Carrie Fisher Has Died at 60

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1369/1369838.jpg

The iconic Star Wars actress has passed away following a cardiac episode on board an international flight.

Actress and writer Carrie Fisher has passed away following a a massive heart attack on an international flight [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169128-Carrie-Fisher-Heart-Attack] last week. She was 60 years old.

Fisher was traveling on a United flight from London to LAX when she went into cardiac arrest shortly before landing. Other passengers performed CPR until the plane arrived, where paramedics took over and rushed her to a nearby hospital.

Fisher, daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, was best known for her portrayal of Star Wars' Princess Leia Organa. She continued her acting career in films such as When Harry Met Sally and Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters, published a semi-autobiographical novel in 1987 titled Postcards from the Edge, was the author of several other novels, and worked in the film industry as a script doctor. Throughout her career, Fisher was open about her struggles with mental illness, after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Simon Halls, the family's spokesman, released a statement to People [http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/] on behalf of Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd:

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning. She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.? -Yoda

R.i.p Carrie, may the force be with you

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
May the force be with you, Carrie.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
tf2godz said:
Okay you got 5 more days 2016, what else do you have in store?
I'd be happy if the much older Donald Trump has a heart attack before swearing in.....

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
When Jeph Jacques released this tshirt I thought it was "stupid", but time flies and shit happens...

https://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QC-TWENTYSIXTEEN&Category_Code=QC

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
RJ 17 said:
^I'm surprised it took 8 responses before someone said this.
I'm guessing it's just more polite to focus on the human element first, instead of immediately jumping to "But... Star Wars!"

That said, it's a sad loss. She was a great actress, she had an interesting writing style and did good as a public speaker. She'll be missed well outside of the Star Wars fandom.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...You know, I get it's the freshest Meme on the block, but honestly the number of celebrity deaths this year isn't really outside the average. They're just more familiar to a lot of us given he times they were famous and all, it's not like 2016 is out to murder everyone we know and love from the 70s. Probably doesn't help that everyone was doing drugs back then either, Cocaine isn't exactly known for extending ones lifespan...

Anyways, that sucks, she was a pretty cool person, a shame to see her go so soon.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Wrex Brogan said:
...You know, I get it's the freshest Meme on the block, but honestly the number of celebrity deaths this year isn't really outside the average. They're just more familiar to a lot of us given he times they were famous and all, it's not like 2016 is out to murder everyone we know and love from the 70s. Probably doesn't help that everyone was doing drugs back then either, Cocaine isn't exactly known for extending ones lifespan...

Anyways, that sucks, she was a pretty cool person, a shame to see her go so soon.
It's no more than any other year for deaths, but the fact that there have been a million other, much worse things that happened in 2016 that just makes it feel worse.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I want to say/ type something sentimental but in reality, nothing and noone can escape death. The only thing we can asked for is a good time and place of the death.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Gary_TheDog/status/813806527110844416]

No, that's okay, I wasn't going to do anything other cry anyways.

Carrie Fisher was a fucking legend, and I can't believe 2016 had the gall to take her.

May the force be with you, Carrie. RIP.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Deathfish15 said:
I'd be happy if the much older Donald Trump has a heart attack before swearing in.....
So Pence is in charge instead? I rather hope Trump lives.