Cars 3 Teaser Trailer Released

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
I guess Pixar needs a new rendering cluster (or however the servers are called).
Or has a new one, they want to show of.
"It's Miller time!" - Linkara

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Disney: We need more merch sales, make another one of those movies nobody likes
Pixar: We have juuuuuuuust the thing

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I can sort of tell who actually watched the video and who is just going off their knowledge of Cars and Cars 2.

Based off the Teaser, I'm much more willing to give this film a Chance then I should.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
MCerberus said:
The analogy is flawed - lots of people love the Cars movies, that's why they sell so well. Same people lots of people love Transformers movies.

And before you say anything, no, I'm not equating them in terms of quality.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
All you adults really seem to be missing the following:
This is a children's movie.
Children love it.
Disney makes 2-3 sequels to almost everything, what rock have you been living under?

The first two are the ones that matter, the last was in reference to talk of giving up or selling out etc.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Hawki said:
MCerberus said:
The analogy is flawed - lots of people love the Cars movies, that's why they sell so well.
Somebody somewhere likes them, but Cars and Cars 2 have the worst approval rating out of all 17 Pixar movies.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/total-recall-pixar-movies/

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
Somebody somewhere likes them, but Cars and Cars 2 have the worst approval rating out of all 17 Pixar movies. https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/total-recall-pixar-movies/
Also flawed, because this are ratings by mostly adults and teens (if not only).

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
K.ur said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Somebody somewhere likes them, but Cars and Cars 2 have the worst approval rating out of all 17 Pixar movies. https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/total-recall-pixar-movies/
Kids don't review things because they don't have much in the way of an informed opinion? Are you gonna tell me everything ever made for kids is beyond judgement because it caught their attention maybe?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
K.ur said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Kids don't review things because they don't have much in the way of an informed opinion? Are you gonna tell me everything ever made for kids is beyond judgement because it caught their attention maybe?
Really? The point is quite clearly that the audience who enjoys the film and the audience who submit reviews don't have a lot of overlap. You're just being facetious.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
No. I'm saying that kids won't go online and give their rating (as you said yourself). But they will track their parents into the theaters and toy stores. Which is what keeps franchises running. Just because an opinion is all but invisible on the web, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or is even of a minority.