Cartoon that was canceled you wish hadn't been.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Now for my contibution. The 90's where my era mostly, watched alot of 80's toons but this was before wide spread video so once the 90's came I made due. And boy let me tell you we had some classics. In ascending order...

First up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgJ6wzSW8k A genuine classc, to quote: "One of the most badass toons of all time. Its anthromorphic Dinosaurs for god sake!"

Next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqGQyMF5a_0&feature=related From Dino's to Sharks, another great toon.

Then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJcJTs9NUl4&feature=related A real Kick-ass series, and one of the best adaptations of a video game to a cartoon, hell any media. I think it had a begining and end but still deserved more.

Last but certainly not least : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxzO07adAt0&feature=related This series had robbed teachers of much of my attention, my childhood mind was filled daydreams of Knights, clad in shimmering armor, charging into battle. Also IMO the best cartoon intro EVAR!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Shirokurou said:
W.I.T.C.H. never got a 3rd season. Counts for me, cause the source material allowed for more.
Is the source material still going on?

Was thinking of getting it.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
INVADER ZIM!
I heard rumors that the creator is in an insane asylum.

Amazing show, still makes me laugh everytime.

I wanna be a mongose!

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
Batman Beyond

Justice League: Unlimited

Clerks: The Animated Series

I miss Batman Beyond the most out of the three. For a show that was supossed to be about selling toys to kids. Batman Beyond is heads and shoulders ahead of other show.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
A Mad Monk 2 said:
clone high was amazing
It was also cancelled way too soon. Wasn't that an MTV show? That channel used to have some good animated stuff. Too bad they've become one of the worst channels on television.

OT: Catscratch. I freaking loved that show. Freakazoid was also pretty freaking sweet. I miss Daria but it was given a good ending.

mike141

Jul 25, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
INVADER ZIM!
I heard rumors that the creator is in an insane asylum.

Amazing show, still makes me laugh everytime.

I wanna be a mongose!
i freaken love invader zim expecaly gir (Zim:"why is there bacon in this soap!?!?!" Gir:"i made it myself!!!" one of the favorite quotes from that show) its sad i dont get the channel its on :(

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Yeah I'll just go ahead and sign /agree on this whole topic.

Invader Zim's premature cancellation was due to a dispute between the creator, Jhonen Vasquez and one of the Nickelodeon heads. No amount of writing into Nickelodeon is going to get it back on the air sadly.

And Vasquez has little interest in returning to it as well. Unless he got to go Rambo over the whole thing, censors be fucked. And well... go read his comic, you'll understand why that won't happen.
The only studios with the bucks/manpower to create and produce the IZ world so pretty have their asses owned by censors. Shame.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Tsaba said:
NormalityImpaired said:
Cowboy Bebop, i dunno if it was cancelled or what have you, i just miss it.
uhm, I don't know if I should tell you but,
Spike dies
The first time I picked up that show I started watching it at the last ten minutes.

I had managed to pick it up on the last 3 minutes of that episode. I thought it was a dream sequence or something.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
squidbuddy99 said:
Anyone here familiar with the Dilbert show? It was actually really well thought out. The episodes go over intellectual theories in a more...comedic sense. Like how Dilbert wonders who decides what constitutes as 'art', and designs a simple picture of a blue duck's silhouette to prove his theory, which becomes so popular that it destroys the art industry. Or how Dilbert creates a race of sentient super-beings capable of solving all the world's problems, which everyone hates because they look like flies.

Hell, there's even an episode where Dilbert and company invent a co-worker on which to pile their work, but their imaginary co-worker recieves heaps of praise and actually rises above his creators.The fake co-worker's name is Todd. At one point in the show they saw the phrase "There is no Todd". So yes, this show has an episode about what it means to be religious and the theory of a near-omnipotent being as a creation of man.

All in all, it recieved much more effort than was probably necessary, which is commendable.

Plus the theme song is kickass:

It's good. But I preffer the comic strips.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
The spectacular Spiderman.

It was a damn good show and well written. Josh keaton ROCKS as peter parker/ ol webhead.

I missed it so much...oh! and JJJ was actually pretty funny.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
linkzeldi said:
Teen Titans. The last episode. Just. What?
It never happened. You hear me? IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Jegsimmons said:
batman
animaniacs
freakazoid
ed edd n eddy (though it was more of a planned ending)
megas XLR
samurai jack (again, ending)
ren and stimpy
teen titans
justice league
that Lobo show that never made it past the pilot
clerks miniseries

oh so much nostalgia!!!

also, CANCEL THOSE TERRIBLE SHOWS LIKE JOHNNY TEST AND BEN 10!!! NO ONE LIKES THOSE!!!
AND PUT AVATAR BACK ON REGULAR NICK!!!
You do realized Avatar ended...right?

But if you want a little more avatar

That's Korra the new avatar and I'm more scared of her now.

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
Invader Zim and Futurama spring to mind. Glad at least one of them has returned.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Invader Zim and Samurai Jack.

I can understand why Invader Zim was cancelled but it's still stupid and it's unlikely anyone will be willing to air ir on their channel. Direct to DVD maybe? Or even make itwatchable on the Internet?

I have no idea why Samurai Jack ended.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Any cartoon that was replaced with super kid-friendly , cheesy, live-action shows. That made 'stars' out of a bunch of untalented goofs because kids will literally laugh exaggeratedly at anything they are told is supposed to be funny. *twitch* *cough* Sorry.

.....And Gargoyles.

Apr 2, 2011
Transformers Animated - does sari go back home or what??
Teen Titans - will terra recognise the titans again?
Avatar - where is zukos mum!!! D:
Ouran high - i wanna see what other stupid things they do
Ghost Hunt - SLOVE MORE CASES!
and
Justice League Unlimited
Batman the animated series
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
K.N.D
i think there's more but i can't remember