Cartoons you used to watch that no one else knew of.

Gendug

Jan 23, 2010
I feel kind of old since many of the cartoons I watched as a kid predates most of the ones listed. But one that I always enjoyed that no one seems to remember is Count Duckula.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VthsQVsXwEg

Then I also remember enjoying Turbo Teen a lot as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haRIsvqvG4

A kudos to whoever mentioned M.A.S.K. and Centurions.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I remember all of the following:
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Biker Mice From Mars
Road Rovers
Ultimate Muscle
Mucha Lucha
Medabots
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Pirates Of Dark Water
Samurai Pizza Cats
Mummies Alive!
Static Shock
Street Sharks
Stickin' Around
Angela Anaconda
Sonic Underground
Monster Rancher
Cardcaptors
Jackie Chan Adventures
Roughneck Chronicles
Flint The Time Detective
Sherlock Holmes In the 22nd Century (I have the whole series)
The Tick (I have the whole series)
Gargoyles (I have the whole series)
Batman Beyond (I have the whole series)
Powerpuff Girls
Courage The Cowardly Dog
Ed Edd & Eddy
Cow And Chicken
REBOOT
Invader Zim
Xiaolin Showdown
Freakazoid (I have the whole series)
Mystic Knights Of Tir Na Nog
Captain Planet
Two Stupid Dogs
SWAT KATS
Godzilla
Zoids
Mighty Max (I have the whole series)
War Planets
Animaniacs (I have the whole series)
Pinky And The Brain (I have the whole series)
Conan the Adventurer
Angry Beavers
Doug
Dexter's Lab (I have the whole series)
Samurai Jack (I have the whole series)
Megas XLR
Kids Next Door
Kim Possible
The Critic
Darkwing Duck
Batman TAS (I have the whole series)
Pokemon (I have the whole series)
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Digimon
Escaflowne
VR Trooper
The Mask
Tenchi Muyo
The Real Adventures Of Johnny Quest
Eek the Cat/Terrible Thunderlizards
Yu-Gi-Oh
Oggy and the Cockroaches
Extreme Dinosaurs
Banana In Pajamas
Dinoriders
King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice
Mortal Kombat,
Bucky Ohare
Double Dragon
Toxic Crusaders
Technoman

And I submit to you all the following shows that you've omitted:
Secret Files Of the Spy Dogs
Mad Jack The Pirate
The Real Ghostbusters
Extreme Ghostbusters
Toonsylvania
Tenchi In Tokyo
Tenchi Universe
Johnny Quest
Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
Duck Tales
Tail Spin
Recess
Eerie Indiana
Red Planet
Gummy Bears
Big Bad Beetle Borgs
Sonic SAT AM
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic X
Captain N
Super Mario Bros
Legend Of Zelda
Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes
Creepy Crawlers
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing
David The Gnome
Inspector Gadget
Rocko's Modern Life
Jumanji
Siegfried And Roy - Masters Of The Impossible
Sylvester And Tweety Mysteries
Megaman
Megaman NT Warrior
Ronin Warriors
Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?
Where's Waldo
Tiny Toon Adventures
Life With Louie
Bobby's World
Captain Simian And The Space Monkeys
Spider-Man TAS
Spider-Man Unlimited
X-Men TAS
X-Men Evolution
The Zeta Project

We're well beyond the "no one else knew of" zone....

@CkretAznMan: Nicely played.
@Orcus The Ultimate: Points to you for stealing my King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! I haven't watched th show in years but as I recall there was some f'd up stuff in the show.

Also Megas XLR

Also Zeta project

Mummies alive

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
This doesn't really count because of its widespread fame for a lot of people, but I always watched (and still watch) cowboy bebop, and among the yutzes i usually hang around with it goes completely unknown. Worst part is if I ever tried to talk about it I'd get a blank stare. So there ya go.

evantrees

Jul 8, 2010
direkiller said:
ChildofGallifrey said:
And I noticed while skimming that someone mentioned Reboot. That show was incredible (God rest you, Tony Jay).
just got done waching that last week
god I forgot how many startreck fan boys wrote that show
and im still pissed they never finished the last 5 episodes
huh what was that about reboot.

and two more Ivanhoe
http://youtu.be/lk76vWzQtyc
also white fang
can't find a youtube thing for it

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
I brings me some joy to know that others remembers some of these cartoons from long ago. When I was a kid you had to get up early to watch cartoons. By early I mean like 6am. So I had to get up quietly to watch the shows I wanted. Sky commanders, M.A.S.K, Visionaries, The Pirates of Dark Water, Conan and the New Warriors (might have gotten that name wrong)Brave Star, there's so many I've lost count. Still it's probably why I still love comic books, video games, manga, and anime today.

MissGinaKid

Mar 16, 2010
There was this one cartoon that I saw when I was younger that I have never heard about since. I'm not even sure if it was a show or maybe it was a movie since I only saw how it ended. Al I remember is this kid leaving the cartoon world from a gift wrapped box the size of a porter john and then talking to this kid on the phone and his friend gets the same box.

As for cartoons I actually remember. There was two that I watched that no one else seemed to. Kenny the shark and Tutenstein. They were both on the discovery kids channel and since I watched that network around the clock (Or when nothing else was on) I saw those two shows quite a bit.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
evantrees" post="18.321103.13131496 said:
huh what was that about reboot.
reboot
the last 5 episodes never got made(it just sorta ends with megabyte giving an evil speech)
and the creators were big fans of Star trek TOS
(there is even a point when they take a jab at TNG and one episode devoted to Star trek)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well obscure all depends on your generation here, most of the ones I've seen here are all things that are actually pretty well known... with exceptions.

Also it's shameful nobody tried to sneak "Candle Cove" into here even if it has puppets though. You all call yourself nerds.... for shame! :)

Ones that I've watched a bit that never went anywhere and were probably pretty obscure were things like say "Princess Tenko and The Guardians Of The Magic" (I believe that was the name) or the "Ultraforce" cartoon series. Both seemed to mostly be on really early in the morning before most kids would get up. I always kind of liked Princess Tenko's real world magic routines (seen her on TV a couple of times) so I thought it was pretty cool that she got her own TV show, even if it apparently didn't go anywhere.

Sky Surfer Strike Force seemed to fare better, though I was never really a big watcher (these all came about when I was too old to seriously watch cartoons), but still never seems to get mentioned much.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Kayevcee said:
I loved Ulysses 31 (Homer's Odyssey in space, made for the French market then dubbed into English) as a kid. It seems to have been a very European thing because any Americans I mention it to have never heard of it. I recommend it if you find it- the voice acting is pretty dreadful but the stories, animation and disco-tastic soundtrack are superb. They also did a series based on the legend of El Dorado called "Mysterious Cities of Gold", which I wasn't as fond of as a kind because it wasn't set in outer space but it had an absolutely bitchin' opening and arguably a better English dub.

Ulysses 31:

Mysterious Cities of Gold:

-Nick

EDIT: Yay! Bananaman! I remember that!
An Escapist after my own heart. I used to watch all three shows on the ABC here in Australia. Even managed to pick up the DVD sets of Ulysses and Mysterious cities recently.

Also used to watch 'Twins of Destiny' and 'Lucky Luke' Great shows that no one seems to remember.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
*ahem*

Anyone remember possibly the coolest show ever?!

THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS REALLY BELIEVE
<youtube=tpuhLkh358Y>

Beautifully Chaotic

Nov 2, 2011
I'm such a dork, I see everyone listing all these cool cartoons with action and I watched (and still watch at age 28) Gummie Bears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQDCdhQtliY&feature=related and Fraggle Rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMu7WvM_ziklol

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
knight of some random number said:
I loved Beast Wars.

On topic: I watched a few cartoons that were quite unknown among my friends.

Does anyone recognize these?

Yes, yes and yes. I loved all three. Especially Ultimate Muscule.

As a kid no one else i knew watched beast wars, cubix or medabots. I loved those shows.

silenticecream

Nov 3, 2011
Kayevcee said:
I loved Ulysses 31 (Homer's Odyssey in space, made for the French market then dubbed into English) as a kid. It seems to have been a very European thing because any Americans I mention it to have never heard of it. I recommend it if you find it- the voice acting is pretty dreadful but the stories, animation and disco-tastic soundtrack are superb. They also did a series based on the legend of El Dorado called "Mysterious Cities of Gold", which I wasn't as fond of as a kind because it wasn't set in outer space but it had an absolutely bitchin' opening and arguably a better English dub.

Ulysses 31:

Mysterious Cities of Gold:

-Nick

EDIT: Yay! Bananaman! I remember that!
I still have vivid memories/ nightmares due to my "exposure" to Ulysses as a kid. I recently bought the dvd boxset and was struck by just how fecking dark it is. Plus, watching it from the perspective of an English MA graduate was almost as great as being blown away by the sheer sweetness of it. I'm just glad He-Man didn't effect me as much!