Cartoons you used to watch that no one else knew of.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Oh god... there's this channel called pop in the UK and it tends to show the less popular cartoons, some of them are quite obscure it seems, especially the ones that no longer air. For example santo bugito...

You know that one? Well... while babysitting my little brother a couple of years ago, I came across this.

Make of it what you will...
knight of some random number said:
I loved Beast Wars.

On topic: I watched a few cartoons that were quite unknown among my friends.

Does anyone recognize these?

I'm very familiar with ultimate muscle and mucha lucha, and watching the intros to rave master and shinzo definately jogged my memory. I didn't really see much of either of those though.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I remember really liking medabots. That show was pretty funny. Robots, crazy characters, that referee dude. I remember pretending my popcorn was medabots. Had all the pieces do battle with each other. I was very easily entertained as a child.

the spud

May 2, 2011
It's not entirely forgotten, but Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is better than MLP: FiM to me anyday. Anyone who hasn't seen it should get on that right now.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
Skyland. Seriously, has no one else seen that? I freakin' loved that show.

Edit: I just found all of the episodes in English, and I am now very happy.

Edit 2: Have an intro:

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I'm probably the only person who remembers "Mummies Alive!" and it's catchy theme song:

Edit: Also, this:
With its absolutely horrible theme song.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Kayevcee said:
I loved Ulysses 31 (Homer's Odyssey in space, made for the French market then dubbed into English) as a kid. It seems to have been a very European thing because any Americans I mention it to have never heard of it. I recommend it if you find it- the voice acting is pretty dreadful but the stories, animation and disco-tastic soundtrack are superb.

Ulysses 31:

-Nick
I used to watch this on FOX-Kids, here in the Netherlands.
Loved it, it was so incredibly well written and so dark sometimes.

Phantom 2040 anyone?
I used to love that, but none of my friends seem to remember it.

Broknhead

Oct 26, 2011
Zappanale said:
I hate to break it to you guys but none of these cartoons were particularly obscure.
hate to break it to you but, this isnt about cartoons being obscure, its about ones that you watched that noone else you know did/does.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Gabanuka said:
I loved Beast Wars.

Muca Lucha was awesome and yet no one remember it. Snopea was the most badass character of anything ever
agreed it really was a fun show

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Dango said:
I'm probably the only person who remembers "Mummies Alive!" and it's catchy theme song:
OMFG MARRY ME!

As soon as i heard the end bit "MUUUMIES ALIVE!" i was like OMG i remember this xD

They were like Power Rangers...but mummies... xD

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Dango said:
My gf just finished watching it again and a few of my friends still have toys from that show

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
I remember Mummies Alive!!! Sadly, I managed to find tv rips and downloaded them to watch them for nostalgia......it did not age well. There are a few cartoons I look back on and still love, there are a few I look back on and think, what was I on?

My main ones were Smoggies

Night Hood (An Aresene Lupin spinoff)

and Cyber Six

Out of those I expect Night Hood to be the least known around here.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Revnak said:
I remember really liking medabots. That show was pretty funny. Robots, crazy characters, that referee dude. I remember pretending my popcorn was medabots. Had all the pieces do battle with each other. I was very easily entertained as a child.
That was one of my favorite kids shows sooooooooo funny I just finished watching it again over the summer

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
K84 said:
Phantom 2040 anyone?
I used to love that, but none of my friends seem to remember it.
I remember the name. It came out around the same time as the live-action film, I think.

nixonsnow said:
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs?
Biker Mice from Mars?
Cowboys of Moo Mesa?
Anyone?
Biker Mice from Mars was quite big in Britain (not Turtles-big, but it did okay) probably because one of the early morning breakfast shows showed the cartoon. The other two I'm mostly familiar with because I've played the arcade games. C&D I didn't even know was anything else until the cartoon started showing on Sunday mornings. Never seen Cowboys of Moo Mesa but I assumed it was something similar from the style of the game.

-Nick

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I loved Beast Wars.

I do I do! I remember all of those but does anyone remember this?