Cartoons you used to watch that no one else knew of.

Pinklespork

Nov 21, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGHFMT-j1ts

Oh! And Billy the Cat!

Oh god, Lift-Off...jesus christ...how was I not scared of that?

Mordorkin

Oct 25, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Street Sharks and Mummies Alive have all been ninja'd from me, BUT I do have an ace up my nonexistent sleeve!

BEHOLD! Mighty Max!

Thank you! I have been trying to remember the name of that show for many, many years. I loved it so much when I was a kid!

My word, so many shows that I loved are here. Gargoyles, Street Sharks, Card Captors, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, Static Shock. Quite the trip down memory lane! I feel that I should be sitting on the floor in front of the television on a Saturday morning. =)

And the Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. That was my absolute favortie show when I was younger. I bet I still have some of those action figures around somewhere... *Goes off to search the basement*

Mooboo Magoo

Aug 22, 2011
Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. I'm not sure how obscure this is. I know that my brother and I were the only ones that we knew that had seen it. I've only ever seen the movie, I have no idea if they ever made a show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cosi-n3dFDg

Also, Yank Justice is probably the coolest name ever.

Beautifully Chaotic

Nov 2, 2011
Haha, I've been youtubing all my favorite old toons all night and I just remembered this one! Shirt tales! http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=7LyQ242G86k

sgtslacker

Jun 28, 2011
I think it was pretty well known but none of my friends watched it. Beetle Borgs (and season 2 with a different title lulz) I loved that show regardless of the fact that it was power rangers with kids instead of teenagers.

Arphaxon

Mar 11, 2010
Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys was my favourite show for a long time, yet it appears no one my age remembers it. Fortunately someone else mentioned it earlier on this thread, I was beginning to think I was mad.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
The Tick!
I have never met someone else who saw it.
Also The Powerpuff Girls were't to such a big show here.

Oh!
And Jonney Bravo, it was not obscure, but it was awesome.
I can't remember too far back I guess...

Kitten DeLux

Nov 20, 2009
I used to watch
Cowboy Bebop, ghost in the shell followed by happy tree friends and friends Thursday night line up "SBS" no one in primary school watched these.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Kids these days don't know the pinkie and the brain, this makes me sad.
I was born in the early 90s and I always watched older cartoons, but the stuff I watched wasn't ever particularly obscure, it's just mostly stuff kids these days don't know.
But then again most kids these days don't even know the first season of pokemon =/

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
street sharks,
biker mice from mars,
street fighter,
mortal combat,
savage dragon,
wild cats,
ultra force
samurai pizza cats,
mummies alive,
road rovers,
freakaziod,
mighty max,
jayce and the wheeled warriors,
the centurions,
silver hawks,
the real ghost busters,
dinosuacers,
thundar the barbarian,
conan the adventurer,
king arthur and the knights of justice
bucky ohare
mega man
double dragon >.> ..... (shut up i was little)
ronin warriors
inspector gadget
ghost busters (yeah i watched both)
toxic crusaders (thank you movie bob for reminding me of it :D)
cops
dino riders
bobbys world
anything by saban >.>
exosquad
captain power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M678PVOf5F0&feature=related
Technoman (AKA Tekkaman Blade) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWqY7QgCuak&feature=related
took me YEARS to find this one again Tekkaman Blade again.

but that's all that i can remember, for now :p some might not be as obscure but i did watch all these

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
I used to watch Bobobo-Bobobobo, it was one of most F***'ed up anime cartoons I've ever seen, it was really hard to keep track of what was going on. it sure was funny though.

Shadowseraph

Nov 19, 2009
Psh! I watched the most obscure cartoon of all! Jr. Hipster Society! It's so obscure, that nobody even knew it existed until just now! Look at how cool I am for being so indie and shit! You think you know, but you haven't even the slightest idea! While the other kids were watching stuff so mainstream like Street Sharks and Mighty Ducks and The Tex Avery Show, I was busy being the coolest, most undiscovered little sonnuva ***** on the playground quoting cartoons like Scarves, Berets, and Thick-Rimmed Glasses, and Pretentious, Ironic Tripe! Bow to me and my knowledge of obscure pop-culture! I am truly awesome for being able to recall such oddities like Cyberfrog and Battle Hunter and Timmy The Tooth! Bow before me, internet! I am your king!

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
I don't know anyone else who watch Roughnecks: Starship Trooper Chronicles, but it was a very well written and acted show. Tragically, it got to a point where it was shut down and they couldn't even afford to film the last three episodes.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Aidinthel said:
Does anyone remember Road Rovers?

Dango said:
I'm probably the only person who remembers "Mummies Alive!" and it's catchy theme song:

Edit: Also, this:
With its absolutely horrible theme song.
I got ninja'd on Swat Katz. There was another one with Dinosaurs turned into crime fighters. It was similar to both Street Sharks and TMNT. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the show though.

Thanks to this thread, I'm going to go back and re-watch roughly 10 million hours of old cartoons.

SuperDarkLink

Aug 25, 2010
I remember watching a cartoon when i was a wee laddie (21 now) that was like teenage mutant ninja turtles but instead of turtles they were sharks. sadly i cant remember its name to save my life. give me a moment...Street Sharks! That's it!

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Ghaleon640 said:
It probably wasn't as obscure as I initially thought as a kid, but me and my brother seemed to be the only people that knew of street sharks. I don't remember knowing anyone else in my entire life that knew Extreme Dinosaurs though.
STREET SHARKSSSS AHHHHHH loved it.
Dango said:
Edit: Also, this:
With its absolutely horrible theme song.
Oh my what are you talking about I loved that theme song. Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century

sherlock holmes in the 22nd cenutuuuuaaaarrrryyyyy

ahhh I wasn't really into obscure cartoons. The only shows I watched as a kid that no one else my age watched was probably Ren and Stimpy and Cow and Chicken. Thats about it.

xochiquetzal

Oct 7, 2010
well no one I know has seen Gargoyles. witch is a shame cuz it's awesome...

also I seem to remember some show about biker sharks or maybe that was just the magic mushrooms kickin' in

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
The two shows that I watched that none of my friends watched were Ronin Warriors and Starship Troopers: The Roughneck Chronicles.
nixonsnow said:
Biker Mice from Mars?
Yes.

How about Street Sharks or SWAT Kats?