Castle Clash Melds Your Three Favorite Genres

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Castle Clash Melds Your Three Favorite Genres

Few games have what Castle Clash has. So why haven't people heard of it?

Read Full Article

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I've been deceived! The tagline read that it melded my three favorite genres. I was expecting a puzzle-platformer-RPG like Henry Hatsworth.
Instead I get MOBA, tower defense, and city simulator, three of my least favorite genres.
For shame.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
You know, i keep seeing this game in the app store...

The premise seems interesting but i like more interactivity in the battle portion (i always get screwed when the game plays for me) and i'm not a fan of city building on the Android phones (PC's better for me). Overall, it's not my type of game, then again- i said that about The Elder Scrolls and now i'm...addicted is too mild for what i'm describing...eh, i'll come up with the word later and the tower defence portion seems interesting so i may check it out but don't hold your breath on me sticking with it.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
DrStrangelove said:
Er, because the case is essentially the exact opposite?

Load up Steam and nearly half of the new indie releases are some sort of tower defense or MOBA. It's a fad worse than fucking zombies at the moment.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Abomination said:
DrStrangelove said:
Er, because the case is essentially the exact opposite?

Load up Steam and nearly half of the new indie releases are some sort of tower defense or MOBA. It's a fad worse than fucking zombies at the moment.
What? I'm looking at the Indie section right now: in the first 50 titles, one MOBA on Early Access (Aerena), one kinda-TD (Unholy Heights). Not what I'd call a deluge of either genre. If anything, it's the swarm of 2D platformers is what annoys me...