Castlevania Team Sh*ts Themselves When Kojima Visits

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I choose to interpret the fact that Kojima is not a universal laughingstock to mean that a lot of gamers are as crazy as he apparently is. 8 hours of cutscenes?! (Unskippable's Metal Gear August has been hilarious, heh)

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
My worry would that Kojima would call a meeting and ask to speak with everybody... If that man is as long winded in real life as his games, they would have to delay the game a couple weeks to make up for all the work they missed during that meeting...

Speaking of which, i really hope they dont over dialog and cinimafy this Castlevania game while under Kojima's watch, cause that would really suck...

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Aside from being a money man, I have my doubts about Kojima after his MGS fiasco. I know many people liked the MGS series (all of it), but I felt that it strayed way too far from it's roots. To me the Castlevania franchise has been hit and miss over the past 10 years, so I guess it's a wait and see.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
I choose to interpret the fact that Kojima is not a universal laughingstock to mean that a lot of gamers are as crazy as he apparently is. 8 hours of cutscenes?! (Unskippable's Metal Gear August has been hilarious, heh)
Except those cutscenes are skippable, it's not like you HAVE to watch them. Unless you want to understand the story. But yeah, I enjoyed Metal Gear August as well; it helps that's the first unskippable that I've been familiar with the source material.

P.S. Thanks

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Kojima made a game that has more cutscenes than gameplay. I would so tell him to get lost if he visited my (obviously nonexistent) developer team.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
And is it just me, or does the protagonist of this iteration look like The Prince?
Yeah, sort of like the Prince meets Aragorn and has weird spawn of kingly-princeness.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I am stoked for this game, but I think Kojima's involvement is a double edged blade. On one hand, he will push the production quality, which has always been lacking in past 3D Castlevania games. On the other hand, will it be as pretentious and wordy as MGS? I hope not. SotN's little conversation about humans being a "miserable pile of secrets" is more than enough for Castlevania.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
I love the Metal Gear overarching plot, I've been a fan since the 8-bit games. Seeing it all come to the finale in MGS4 and those loose ends tie up was gratifying and made me think about it on a whole other level.

Kojima's tendency for long cut-scenes and heavy exposition is a subjective topic. I see a lot of hate-filled opinions in these replies trying to be conveyed as fact.

Obviously with Metal Gear, especially MGS4, if you played the game on the easiest difficulty, you're going to see more cut-scenes than gameplay. It's pretty much a reason to just see the story. If you want equal time between the two, play it on the default or hardest difficulty. That goes for ANY title in the Solid series and if you just plain suck at the game, then you have no right to complain.

If Kojima can lend a special quality to the rebirth of Castlevania then I'm all for it, whether the story becomes bloated or not. I like deep and intricate stories and if several long cut scenes are needed to convey plot elements then, so be it. If the controls and game mechanics are sound then it's all gravy, a wonderful melding of elements to make a possible huge hit of a game.

Would you prefer another 3D train wreck like Castlevania 64?

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
Kojima made a game that has more cutscenes than gameplay. I would so tell him to get lost if he visited my (obviously nonexistent) developer team.
MGS may have had a lot of custscenes, but there was more time spent playing the game than watching them.