Catherine Officially Cheating on Japan With U.S.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I might start caring when Atlus makes an attempt to show me what this game is about.

Christ, I'm still not positive its a game.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
FallenTraveler said:
Jacob Haggarty said:
Not going to lie, to me that looks GOD AWFULL.

I don't think ive ever seen a game i want LESS than this.
your opinion means slightly less to me since you misspelled awful :/ But I still respect it I'm also kind of wary, if anything I want to try it

OT: I really hope this does deal with sexual and mature material in a tasteful way. I am really looking forward to this and I think the persona team can, and hopefully did do a good job...

I love japan SO much
Well I played the JP demo,and as far as I can tell the closest the demo got to sexual situations was when Vincent was O Facing at Catherine being in his bed after the second and last nightmare in the demo. Also Vincent has the award for expressions that can disturb me (Just look at his face on the Catherine website) or make me chuckle a little (The previously mentioned O Face).

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited! I'm pretty sure that's from a song.

Here's my second reaction:

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Aylaine said:
I think I just came! :D

...To the conclusion that this is awesome news. :)
as did I Ayl! I'd even go so far as to call it FANTASTIC NEWS! The premise alone has me intrigued and who knows maybe the game will actually be...good. I hope so cause I intend to buy it
Zom-B said:
Definitely like the cover art for PS3 slightly more, which isn't to say the 360 art isn't also stellar. I'd really hope that inside each game case the manual has the alternate art or that the sleeve was reversible. That would be a classy touch, Atlus.
Yeah that occured to me too....I mean not knocking the look of Katherine(Xbox360) but Catherine(PS3) is more alluring in some way. Heres to hoping that your Atlus does something similar to what you've suggested...or that soon after the other box art(with swapped console logo's) will be available to print off online

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
*deep breath*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ah, that felt good. I'm tearing up here, guys. Can't believe that we just have to wait a few more months to get this game.

Now, which version to get, Xbox or PS3?

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Evilsanta said:
WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!?

OT: Yay! Though it appears I will have to import from the US if I want to play it.
It's not in this story, but Atlus said it was looking into a European publisher. Their publishing arm extends into the US, but they'll need a third party for the PAL regions (speculations have cited Square Enix, South Peak, etc. as likely candidates.)

Here, have a thingy.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
that ain't gonna do much good, considering japan's ban everything even remotely sexual bill in the works.

Black Phoenix

Iridescence
Sep 19, 2010
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Evilsanta said:
WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!?

OT: Yay! Though it appears I will have to import from the US if I want to play it.
It's not in this story, but Atlus said it was looking into a European publisher. Their publishing arm extends into the US, but they'll need a third party for the PAL regions (speculations have cited Square Enix, South Peak, etc. as likely candidates.)

Here, have a thingy.
I'd guess that it's more likely Koei or Ghostlight would pick it up. I'm not convinced Square Enix would touch it, which is a pity, given that they published Persona 4, and if I recall correctly it's the only Persona game localised for Europe that had a relatively quick turnover (about 4-5 months, whereas the others have been closer to a year or more).

robandall

Jan 25, 2010
Not sure why anyone would care about this. The presentation looks great but the gameplay looks really dull. Surely you'd be better off watching an anime with lots of fan service.

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
[quote="Nocturnal Gentleman" post="7.267855.10251282"Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that Persona 3 was tried before? If you don't care after Persona 3 then there's a good chance you won't care from trying other Atlus titles. Many of which definitely feel like they were made by the same people.[/quote]

You're not wrong, but you can't judge the entire Atlus catalogue based on one game. That would be like saying since you played Madden and didn't like it, you don't like any EA games. That's patently ridiculous.

Poerts

Nov 18, 2009
Happiness.

I'm pretty excited for this. The gameplay reminds me of Crush, obviously without the actual Crushing (making the whole map 2D, Youtube it). The whole "floating puzzle-platform dream-world you run around to solve your own deep-seated issues" idea is the same though. Most of the actual story seems to be told visual novel syle, with a lot of text messaging and a morality meter.

I do kind of wish it had turned out to be a horror game or an RPG, but whatever, this is still looking pretty awesome. It might be nice to add something weird and Japanese to my 360 Library again.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
...hold the fucking phone...
...an adult targeting game not only getting localized, but one made by Atlus?

THERE IS A GOD!!