Catherine Will Feature "Topless Female Demons"

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Chainsaw babies.

You have my money, already. You're almost making me get it for 360, too.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
vansau said:
Thrust said:
And let the controversy pot boil.
I'm waiting for the inevitable Fox News freakout.
But didn't Dragon Age do the same thing and get away with it?
My thoughts exactly. Desire Demons in Dragon Age are exactly that: Topless female demons. And it worked in the narrative. If Catherine handles them in a similar way, and not just "BOOBEIS!!!1!", nobody will give a shit.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Dastardly said:
vansau said:
Catherine's Will Feature "Topless Female Demons"

I dunno... after all this hype and build-up, if the best they have to offer is mostly-obscured toplessness, I think a great many people are going to be disappointed. Specifically, the sort of person targeted by this "sexy times with sexiness and sex, too sexy for your country" marketing campaign.

Basically, they've acquired an audience based on a pretty particular promise, and it's sounding like their offerings in that department are in for a lukewarm reception. They haven't really been selling this thing on the intrigue, after all.
I dunno, I know a great many people who are getting it just because it sounds weird. We like weird, and contrary to what jim says, sometimes weird is enough for a sale :p

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
"Seriously, guys! Our game has depth! We're totally not using sex appeal as a cheap way to gain attention!"

I have yet to hear anything that makes this game seem at all not terrible.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Constantly hearing how great Atlus games supposedly are, I can't help but wish the glorious PC gaming master race got to play more Japanese titles.

As for this news item, I just hope the game turns out to be as deep as it is scandalous.

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
OH MY GOODNESS! Topless demons? Like the ones in the first God of War game from over a decade ago?!?

Call the Vatican!

... why is this such a big deal?

Everything I've read about this game kinda has me anticipating it, but the "scandal" seems a bit overblown to me =/

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
johnzaku said:
OH MY GOODNESS! Topless demons? Like the ones in the first God of War game from over a decade ago?!?

Call the Vatican!

... why is this such a big deal?

Everything I've read about this game kinda has me anticipating it, but the "scandal" seems a bit overblown to me =/
I think the ESRB just hates Atlus. That's the big deal. And once the ESRB makes a scandal, someone else will, and so on and so forth. The domino effect.

Chainsaw wielding baby?? That sounds, odd. Not even funny, but odd xD

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I've never heard anything described in such a way as to leave me with the simultaneous feelings of "this will be boring" and "this sounds hot"... Hot and Boring isn't usually my cup of tea, it clashes the taste buds like bitter and spicy;

Lets just hope there is more to the game than pushing and pulling blocks between cutscenes.

GreyKnight3445

Nov 2, 2010
so? Dragon Age had female demons with nipple caps connected with a little chain.
World of Warcraft is almost at that point
The Witcher...well... its The Witcher.

This is pretty weak as an attempt to score controversy publicity.

But with Fox News being as pants on head retarded as it is (They targetted Mass Effect as a sex fest when Dragon age let you drip your companions to their undies and has more sex scene time than the average Garrus x Sheppard fanfiction) I wouldnt be surprised if they did target this game.

EDIT: I didn`t read the story, just the title when I posted. ignore the ignorant spouting above.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Did they really have to specify "female"?

I mean, if they're advertising toplessness, it can be presumed it'll be ladies.

We see shirtless dude demons all the time, they're expected.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
vansau said:
Thrust said:
And let the controversy pot boil.
I'm waiting for the inevitable Fox News freakout.
But didn't Dragon Age do the same thing and get away with it?
No, not really. People have sex with their clothes on in Bioware games now. Actually, they don't even have sex. They just kinda rub each other.
MAINSTREAM AMERICA CANNOT AFFORD TO ACKOWLEDGE SEX AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN FULLY-CLOTHED RUBBING!

OT: Catherine is amazing. Watched a playthrough of one of the endings this game has and I have to say the ESRB is SPOILERTASTIC isn't it? Meh, as least they didn't spoil how Vincent tu rou and how th ba flo erect d ara cou stu all over the bacon. That shit was kick ass.

[NOTE: ATLUS USA HAS EDITED OUT THIS USER'S SPOILERS OF ONE OF THE ENDINGS TO THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED TITLE CATHERINE COMING JULY 26. DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR UPDATES AND-]
Hey! I wasn't even really spoiling anythi-
[JUST BUY THE GAME]

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
GreyKnight3445 said:
Don't mean to single you out, but you all do realize that this is an ESRB content description and not a press release, right?

Finding this kind of thing in games is their job. It doesn't have anything to do with marketing.

GreyKnight3445

Nov 2, 2010
mireko said:
GreyKnight3445 said:
Don't mean to single you out, but you all do realize that this is an ESRB content description and not a press release, right?

Finding this kind of thing in games is their job. It doesn't have anything to do with marketing.
Oh, my bad. That`s why I should read the post beforehand. I feel like a real idiot ^.^"

thanks for pointing out my error, mate, and have a good day ;)