CBS' Star Trek Reboot Signs Hannibal's Bryan Fuller As Showrunner

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
What exactly is meant by "the original Star Trek"? Are we talking pre-reboot universe in general, or the 1960's era Trek?

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but I see both the Roddenberry and the Berman/Braga eras as a shit oreo that happened to have the delicious cream filling that was TNG post season 3 and DS9 as the memorable era.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I lost interest as soon as I saw the word reboot. I might have a look if people I trust tell me it is worth my time, but I am very much into the proper continuity and if they are throwing that out they probably shouldn't bother.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Well if it is written better the an the JJ trek movies it will already peak my interest. Although I really hate how it sounds like it is a reboot of the first series. I personally didn't like ST:TOS as much as i liked ST:TNG.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
What's with massive companies and kickstarting stuff now? Star Trek is one of the biggest science fiction franchises of all time, it doesn't need kickstarter for anything official.
That took me by surprise too --I hadn't heard it was Kickstarted-- and it wasn't; the author is using a term that used to mean something unrelated to a certain crowdfunding website. Apparently a few years of KS and the term has become pure branding for them.

I'm continuing to wait cautiously on this one. It could go in any direction at all, and hopefully doesn't tie to the recent movies....we'll see.

Loethlin

Itchy Witch
Apr 24, 2011
I can tell you right now what the new TV show will be:
- Odd and compelling
- Very pretty
- will include mindfucks
- Ho Yay!
- Actors you might recognise from Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, and Hannibal will show up

This is Bryan Fuller, after all. Not that I mind, I'm actually a big fan and couldn't be happier about this. This news turned my cautious curiosity to genuine interest and hope for the new series.