CCP's Music Video: "Harden the F*ck Up"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
CCP's Music Video: "Harden the F*ck Up"

Move over, Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain. EVE Online developer CCP's own in-house band is bursting onto the scene with an awesome new music video in which they give their competition one piece of advice: "Harden the F*ck Up."

Warning: Language!

Have I mentioned I love those crazy EVE Online guys? Because I really, really do: This may well be the best thing I've seen this week. Though CCP in-house band Permaband (so punny it's awesome) takes the spotlight in this video, spitting phat rhymes about the trials and tribulations of being developers and GMs for the sci-fi MMOG, the entire company gets into the mood to rock the hell out.

My personal favorite lyric has to be "Every day is a fight, there's no room for bloopers / Bugs coming at us like in Starship Troopers" but the entire thing is just hilarious and awesome. The full lyrics are below, but really, just do yourself a favor and watch the damn thing already.

First off - let me make a short introduction
I'm the space 5.0, keeping EVE from destruction
Guard is the name, Lead master of the game
Top dog in the gamemaster hall of fame

Im chillin at my desk with two girls and one pimp cup
Sippin champagne, reading mails checkin what's up
Isk spamming scum bags disturbing the peace?
WOOP WOOP its the sound of space police!

Every day is a fight, there's no room for bloopers
Bugs coming at us like in Starship troopers
We help when we can, every child, every man
Treat the boogie man to a permanent ban!

CHORUS x2

We're CCP! We march on fearlessly!
Excellent is what we strive to be!

If you're going to follow us to the top

HARDEN THE FUCK UP!

You best watch out ***** if you're an exploiting scammer
Guard will gank you in the face with his big ban hammer
Remove all your Isk , throw your ass in the slammer
Make you share a cell with a manic ISK spammer

Like a never ending spam thread on racist biking
This song has something for everyone's liking
Holy shit I see local spiking

...ladies and gents, its techno Viking!

Chorus x2

Ever flowing - never standing still
We roll with the punches, move in for the kill
The competition ends up six feet in the ground
With fists full of awesome we go round after round

United we stand never ever growing weary
We cannot fall cause gravity is just a theory
We reach higher than the giants in operations
Patience soon well be crip walking in stations

We're more agile than a president dodging a shoe
We need three continents for our massive crew
From Atlanta to Shanghai to the Icelandic nation
Throw your hands up for World Domination!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
wow... listening to that now... It's crazy... but it referenced Starship troopers, so I'm happy.
actually, this is slightly catchy... I like it. It's funny.

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
These guys are awesome! I have had the pleasure of interviewing them a few times and man are the fun to talk to (oh and drink with).

hansari

May 31, 2009
I clicked play and jumped to 1:59...so I have no idea what your all talking about...

freak__76

Feb 11, 2009
HA! and here's most of my corp getting gagged for smacking local. wait for the HTFU replies to GM mails :p

randomID

Dec 29, 2008
These guys at CCP just seem to have fun all day.
Tournament, fan fest and now this...

I've come to the conclusion that they are drunk 24/7, party at day and work at night.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I know I'm going to sound like "Mr. Negativity", like always (you can start calling me Marvin), but... This... Strikes me as a sad attempt to "be cool". Like when 40 year old dads who listen to Abba start using slang word they don't know, and that haven't been used for at least 10 years, in order to look "hip" and "in".

... They also happened to pick "rap", which as far as anything musically inclined goes (I honestly feel physical pain if I call it "music") is as bottom of the barrel as it goes... Not to mention the whole culture surrounding is at the very least demeaning, and at most mentally retarding (Not retarded, retarding. You actually get stupider the more you're exposed to it). Which in itself is bad. It's a bit like your dad trying to show you he can score chicks by getting an STD... From a 60 year old toothless hooker.

Sigh. Having to actually post this makes me feel sooooo old...

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Compared to other game bands (L80ETC, Some others i'm forgetting and games that are blatantly cheating like brutal legend and sacred 2) this one seems... lacking, maybe it's because it's their first song.

Still, expecting large amounts of unprovoked Blizzard bashing.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Truly epic. I've never even tried EVE and CCP still somehow manages to be one of my favourite developers of all time.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Malygris said:
Truly epic. I've never even tried EVE and CCP still somehow manages to be one of my favourite developers of all time.
I never really got started on Eve; any advice if I where to go back onto a trial account?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Caliostro said:
snip snip *que screaming*
give them credit where its due, they were obviously just messing around with the whole genre and generally trying to be more funny than cool.

on topic, ccp are crazy people, i'm so glad they exist

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
Haha, awesome. I just found out about CCP's Atlanta office yesterday, which was surprising and helpful given that I'm in Atlanta and looking for a job; still need to see if they're hiring programmers right now, though.

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
Malygris said:
I absolutely agree. While I have tried it, it just wasn't my style of game. However, I love the company.

Yudas

Apr 30, 2009
Ahh this is so perfect! Just started playing eve a few weeks ago during the tournament and now this comes along! I may sound like a fanbot but this is the time to start eve if there ever was any!

I agree with dogstile (like any snsible person should) Ofcourse they weren't serious about this. Have you even listened to the lyrics Caliostro?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
At first I was instantly hating it, cause of the whole rap thing, but it lulled me over and now I love it. Catchy and funny. I want more now ><

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Doug said:
Malygris said:
I never really got started on Eve; any advice if I where to go back onto a trial account?
https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/FreeTrialSignup.aspx?aid=103543

Thats the link to the free trial.

I've played EVE on and off since 2005 and done a little bit of everything but mostly PVP.

Be warned though the game is hardcore and really is for niche tastes. Its like the exact opposite of WoW.

If you want advice about EVE though just give me a pm.