CD Projekt Boss Drops the Dime on Witcher 2 for Consoles

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
I'm from Poland, so here's some fresh info from interview with Tomasz Gop:
-RED isn't able to work on more than one project at once (it's quite small, at least compared to studios like BioWare)
-They do work on console version, but on a small scale - they focus on PC, to ensure that there won't be negative effects typical to multi-platform games.
-They have already tested PS3 and Xbox 360 versions - and they don't see any problems that would prevent them from releasing Witcher 2 there
-IMPORTANT: They will focus on console versions right after finishing PC version - and The Witcher 2 today went gold and is in manufacturing phase ... so YES, THEY SOON WILL START THE WORK ON CONSOLE VERSION!
-After PC version release (17 May in US) they will start thinking about the console release date.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Sounds great to me. My PC would choke and die if I even brought the Witcher 2 box near it but it sounds like it's shaping up to be a great game. I'll be eagerly awaiting more news.

Cherry Cola said:
I'd love for the Witcher 2 to come to consoles, so any thoughts that it's a hyper-complex franchise for PC gamers might be destroyed. Actually, I don't even know if there are any thoughts like that.
Well, seeing as how it involves an originally PC based game potentially appearing on console, I would say there's approximately a 115% chance we'll see the sort of PC Master Race fanboy backlash you're anticipating. I'd say those are pretty decent odds.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Ugh, and I preordered it. I'm glad it's going multiplat, but I'm hoping we don't see any parring down for the console version's sake.

However, it's hard to tell with a newer studio like them; hopefully, this will merely bring an excellent game to a bigger audience.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Omnific One said:
Ugh, and I preordered it. I'm glad it's going multiplat, but I'm hoping we don't see any parring down for the console version's sake.

However, it's hard to tell with a newer studio like them; hopefully, this will merely bring an excellent game to a bigger audience.
They won't par it down. The Witcher 2 is either done or almost done by now (less than 3 weeks to the release), and in this article on a Polish gaming site [http://www.cdaction.pl/news/18939], Tomasz Gop said, that they'll start the work on the console version AFTER the release of the PC version. He also said that the console edition will have every feature PC edition will have. I recommend Google translating it, but if you're lazy, here's one nice quote from Gop in the article:

"We are definitely not a team, which would be able to to work on a different projects at the same time. We are careful, and we are not doing it this way, because it could lower the quality of the PC version. So - no, no, no, no, we are not doing a full job on a console edition of The Witcher 2 at the moment. We were making tests, so we know, that releasing the game on X360 and PS3 is possible."

EDIT: huh, I guess all of it was mentioned by my fellow countrymen. Oh well, at least now you'll have a link confirming it :p

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Yossarian1507 said:
Omnific One said:

They won't par it down. The Witcher 2 is either done or almost done by now (less than 3 weeks to the release), and in this article on a Polish gaming site [http://www.cdaction.pl/news/18939], Tomasz Gop said, that they'll start the work on the console version AFTER the release of the PC version. He also said that the console edition will have every feature PC edition will have. I recommend Google translating it, but if you're lazy, here's one nice quote from Gop in the article:

"We are definitely not a team, which would be able to to work on a different projects at the same time. We are careful, and we are not doing it this way, because it could lower the quality of the PC version. So - no, no, no, no, we are not doing a full job on a console edition of The Witcher 2 at the moment. We were making tests, so we know, that releasing the game on X360 and PS3 is possible."

EDIT: huh, I guess all of it was mentioned by my fellow countrymen. Oh well, at least now you'll have a link confirming it :p
Well, that's a relief to know. It's always great when we drop the whole platform exclusive thing for a game.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
Glad to hear this. Even though I am a PC player, it is good to hear that others who use different platforms now have the chance to play. Too bad this kind of thing isn't happening for PC players, where there are several games that are exclusive for consoles.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
I was so dissapointed when I learnt that it wasnt gonna be on consoles, really hope this is true.

Frosted89

May 31, 2010
This is great news, having read the praise this game has gotten and me not having the computer to run it; I've been itching to play it. I hope this comes out for consoles soon, I'd love to play this to pass the time in between the wait for Elder Scrolls 5 and Mass Effect 3.