CD Projekt Might Make Another Game in the World of The WItcher but Not Witcher 4

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
a trilogy cant have 4 parts? ha! tell that to the author of Eragon. hell brent weeks, author of the lightbringer "trilogy" is working on the fifth book now. dudes an inspiration, setting records on how many books can be in a trilogy

Aetrion

May 19, 2012
Ezekiel said:
I didn't like Ciri very much. Her gameplay contradicted the game. Enclosed, linear paths, auto healing and no weapon durability or inventory. Her teleporting dodge made the combat too simplistic.
Her mechanics and levels weren't meant to carry a whole game, they were meant to allow you to experience her story through a character that's mechanically different enough to feel like you're really playing as someone else, but not so complicated that you need to learn a whole second character.

There was no point in giving her a need for healing items or item damage, because you weren't supposed to spend any significant time on that character. If they made a full Ciri game she'd have all the same complexity as Geralt I'm sure.

Personally I really hope that isn't where they are going with it, because the biggest weakness of the Witcher games from my perspective is not being able to make your own character and exploring the full range of fighting styles you encounter in that world.

PhoenixMaster

Apr 3, 2017
I'm open to a 4th Witcher game. I like TW3, but I feel like its a tad overrated. Sorry, but the game really had somewhat lackluster combat, and its main story was just looking for Ciri for the whole second half. The sidequest and DLC were great though. I hope they can refine the story telling and combat more for Cyberpunk 2077.