Celebrate Two Years of Diablo III With Undiscovered Easter Eggs

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Celebrate Two Years of Diablo III With Undiscovered Easter Eggs

Diablo III turns two years old today, and you might be surprised to know that there are still undiscovered Easter Eggs.

Read Full Article

evilnancyreagan

May 1, 2014
don't 'clicky clicky' just click [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1v_EcjeIkg] ONCE!

enter code; instead of thirty lives, you get a seizure, thanks for that

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I'd rather celebrate Diablo III with it getting the always online for single player requirement patched out. Then I'd probably buy the damn game.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I like Easter Eggs. They're always fun. However, Easter Eggs that no one has found/figured out yet drive me nuts. The developers behind Arkham City did this a long time ago. On this very website, after Scarecrow's ship was discovered, the developers said that there were still two or three hidden Easter Eggs in the game that, as far as they knew, no one had found yet. And the game had been out for I believe several years, or at least a year. That's when it's time to cave, guys. If it hasn't been found yet, it's probably not going to be found. I still want to know what those are.

Same thing with those pages here. I've only found one (because for some reason, the game just does not like spawning that ship for me) and I just brushed it off as a Lost reference. But now Blizzard tells us that there's an actual purpose to the numbers, but no one has figured it out? That type of thing drives me up a wall. Keeping stuff hidden in the game in the early months and maybe even a year after it is great, but going two years without giving some sort of hint is maddening for me. I want to know what this stuff does.

A pity they cut out the Wirt monster. I would have liked to see that.

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
Stryc9 said:
I'd rather celebrate Diablo III with it getting the always online for single player requirement patched out. Then I'd probably buy the damn game.
Hey! There's a decent idea!

Seriously, i could not give less a crap about this crummy game. I don't care if its better now because it was an awful steaming pile for at least a year before they made any move to make it actually enjoyable. That's a year of charging people for a boring, tedious slog that incentivized spending real money to make the game progress on top of the $60 you had to spend just to play.

Is there still no word on PvP for the game? I was dumb enough to buy it in the first month it was out and remember being promised PvP was on the way. 2 years later, a massive company like Blizzard couldn't deliver? This games getting endless praise for removing the endless bad ideas that everyone knew were bad as soon as they cracked open the case (over the course of 2 drudging years) and seem to not be bothered by all the good features that they wanted still not being in the game?

It feels criminal that this game gets regarded positively after all of this. It's an awful successor to D2.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
inkheart_artist said:
Stryc9 said:
Hey! There's a decent idea!

Seriously, i could not give less a crap about this crummy game. I don't care if its better now because it was an awful steaming pile for at least a year before they made any move to make it actually enjoyable. That's a year of charging people for a boring, tedious slog that incentivized spending real money to make the game progress on top of the $60 you had to spend just to play.

Is there still no word on PvP for the game? I was dumb enough to buy it in the first month it was out and remember being promised PvP was on the way. 2 years later, a massive company like Blizzard couldn't deliver? This games getting endless praise for removing the endless bad ideas that everyone knew were bad as soon as they cracked open the case (over the course of 2 drudging years) and seem to not be bothered by all the good features that they wanted still not being in the game?

It feels criminal that this game gets regarded positively after all of this. It's an awful successor to D2.
So awful that the dude behind the game got fired and has entered into my blacklist of people I'll never buy games from, Jay fucking wilson! I didn't buy the expansion and I have no interest of going back however the tweak the drop rate. We are paid fucking customers and they're treating us like employees, "here's some loot, be happy and grateful" well fuck you too blizzard.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Stryc9 said:
And the stopwatch is stopped at... four posts! before somebody tries to derail the thread just to ***** about the always online, again.

You're slacking, Internet.

arsenalabu

Iron Maiden's backup Trombonist
May 26, 2011
So... I'll take the bait. Is the Konami code easter egg actually working on the site?
I've tried it in at least five different pages and no red button.
Or is it just a joke at random idiots' (i.e. me) expense?

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Kinitawowi said:
Stryc9 said:
And the stopwatch is stopped at... four posts! before somebody tries to derail the thread just to ***** about the always online, again.

You're slacking, Internet.
Seriously. You'd think that after two years people would have moved on, but I haven't seen a single thread mentioning Diablo 3 without someone complaining about the always-online.

I like the game, but I've never been much of an Easter Egg hunter. Maybe I'll go look for those skulls.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
arsenalabu said:
So... I'll take the bait. Is the Konami code easter egg actually working on the site?
^^vvba start(enter)

arsenalabu

Iron Maiden's backup Trombonist
May 26, 2011
ThyNameIsMud said:
arsenalabu said:
^^vvba start(enter)

Thanks, I never knew there was an enter at the end.
And oh, how it it worth it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
I like Easter Eggs. They're always fun. However, Easter Eggs that no one has found/figured out yet drive me nuts. The developers behind Arkham City did this a long time ago. On this very website, after Scarecrow's ship was discovered, the developers said that there were still two or three hidden Easter Eggs in the game that, as far as they knew, no one had found yet. And the game had been out for I believe several years, or at least a year. That's when it's time to cave, guys. If it hasn't been found yet, it's probably not going to be found. I still want to know what those are.
Hehehe, you're forgetting about the infamous Warden Sharp's Office in Arkham Asylum. That was a secret room that no one ever found. So finally some time approaching the release of Arkham City, the developers pointed out where it is. Turns out there's a secret wall that can be blown up...however it doesn't show up in Detective Vision as a wall that can be blown up, it just looks like a normal wall.

The only way to find it is that there's a small crack at the bottom of the wall that you can actually see-through to see that there's a room behind the wall. Upon blowing up said wall, you're given access to a secret office belonging to Warden Sharp. The most interesting thing in the office is that there's a bulletin board that has blueprints and plans for "Warden Sharp's Gotham Project" (or something like that)...also known as Arkham City. There's a big "APPROVED" stamp on it. There's also come concept art for Arkham City on the bulletin board, showing that they did indeed know where they were going with the series before they released Arkham Asylum.

As for Arkham City, I'm guessing that one of the Easter Eggs is probably decoding the "number frequencies" that you come across on your radio scanner.

The reason I say this might have been one of the "undiscovered easter eggs" is because look at the process you have to go through in order to decode the final message (the one that quite clearly implicates Scarecrow). How the hell are you supposed to think to do all that unless someone tells you to do all that?

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Haven't found any in the first acts yet, but here is what looks to be a hydralisk skull in Battlefields of Eternity.

-

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The most well-hidden Easter Egg in Diablo III was the good game hidden inside its source code. It took the fans two years to find that one.

evilnancyreagan

May 1, 2014
my personal favorite egg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fDDctPjs5I

priceless!

it's kinda cray-cray that we all decided to change our avs to the biebster all at the same time, how strange!

Frank Larkin

May 16, 2014
"It's so bright and colorful, fun and whimsical, and devastatingly dangerous. You wouldn't think fluffy clouds would hit so hard. "

The clouds were not mobs they were the treasure chest of whimsyshire. So they wouldn't have hit you at all.