Celebrity Encounters

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Quite simple, who's the most famous person you've met?

As for me, it's Patrick Stewart. When he's back in England, he lives in his house on my uncle's moors. Most recently, we've been killing rabbits infesting his garden.

Apr 28, 2008
ZZ Top. Though, that's more then one person, but whatever.

Family friend is their sound guy. Got us backstage passes to their show about a week ago.

It was a fun time.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Antony Hopkins. He was in my town in Wales reveling a statue of Tommy Cooper (He was born in my town, up the road in fact)
This was back in Feb 2008, it was awesome my town having this Hollywood start in it, quite weird, too.

I've also met Venus Williams at Wimbledon, I got to chat with her and take a photo, back in the days of disposable cameras being the thing.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Jason Lezak. He's the guy who beat the French at last second to win gold medal in swimming.

If it wasn't for him, Michael Phelps would have a silver medal in his collection.

I met him at my local gym. One of the nicest guy I've ever met.

CityofTreez

Sep 2, 2011
ZZ Top's friend lived down the street where I used to live. He visited there a few times. I never met him though as I'm sure he just wanted to be left alone.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I met Michael Jordan, Kevin Durant, Magic Johnson, Jon Jones (UFC Fighter), and Carlos Boozer all at different points.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Anette Olzen of Nightwish famed talked to me and kissed my cheek after a show once. That was (incredibly) cool.

But the most famous would probably be Dirk Nowitzki, while in Dallas. My mother is from Texas and we were visiting her side of the family. We all went to some zoo and bumped into him. Got a picture. Dude was even taller than I thought. Incredibly kind and courteous though. In retrospect, I kind of feel bad, because he was with his family.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Sir Trevor Brooking... at school, he gave the speech for the yearly hooha... thing and presented the prizes.

Sir Richard Attenborough... random encounter just off Charing Cross Road outside a small West End theatre, ended up having a brief exchange about the weather, how English...

Sometimes saw (never spoke with, though) Teddy Sheringham, since his kids used to go the school just up the road from where I lived. Also, a friend went to school with Emma Watson, though apparently, she was a bit of a *****...

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
When I was young, I went to a feast in the North End of Boston and met Leonard Nimoy.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
My local (ex) congressmen. an unfortunate victim of the "durr, get rid of the democrats, republicans will fix all this mess derp" wave during the 2010 election. its a shame, cause he was good too.

I used to work at a theatre to, so Id meet some local personalities and sports stars. I met Ben Roethlisberger once, Hines ward a few times, Jordan Staal came in once, and Andrew McCutchen did to.

though my favorite person meeting was Mario Lemieux and Brooks Oprik (on different days of course).

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Steve Williams and Celesty's old guitarist at a Powerquest gig. Also, bumped into Sabaton before a gig and hang out with Chris from Alestorm afterwards. May lose my dignity soon and just start adding various band dudes on facebook since my he's getting away with it.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Jay Fakename said:
One time, George Lucas came into my restaurant. He is a big jerk, if anyone even talks to him he tries to get them fired. No one ever "geeked out" on him but he once tried to get my co-worker canned for saying "Mr.Lucas I really enjoy your movies."
So, one day while serving him, avoiding eye contact of course, I got his meal and drink, a coke. While pouring his drink I looked into the cup and thought "No! NOOOOOOOOO!" and filled it with coke zero. When Lucas left I said to the cashier, I said, "You know what a Jar Jar tax is?"

"Whats a jar jar tax?" Asked my co-worker.

"What Lucas just got, try working without those calories, CHIN BOY!" I said.

No one let me pour drinks for Lucas again.
That man sounds awful.
It's no wonder he ruined Star Wars.