Characters that would fill you with glee if they died?

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I've got tonnes, but alot of them have actually already died. Spoilers. Duh.

From Game of Thrones, it was Ygrette and (to a lesser extent) Shae. Ygrette's every word pissed me off and when she finally bit the dust, I recall exclaiming for joy. Shae didn't provoke quite the same response from me, but her almost deliberate misinterpreting of everything Tyrion said to her got old fast. That one asshole from the Night's Watch was another one I wanted gone pretty bad (the one who kept making fat references at Sam, despite being like 10 pounds lighter himself?).

Order of the Stick had Nale. I remember laughing and smiling for a full 30 minutes after his sudden, hilariously appropriate death at the hands of a much, much more interesting villain. Then his corpse got disintegrated, so no resurrection magic was going to help him. He'd been hogging screen time for far too long, he was tedious and played out and he just wasn't very interesting. The IFCC? Great! Tarquin and the Vector Legion? Love 'em! Xykon and Redcloak? Can't get enough. Just get Nale out of there. So now he's dead and with any luck the comic won't show him rotting in the Nine Hells (...well, okay, maybe just a peak. But no more arcs for him).

Ulfric Stormcloak WOULD have been this if he didn't go down like a sack of potatoes. No real satisfaction there...Also in Skyrim, Nazeem. He falls into my "ironic punishment" section, so I soul trapped him, bound the result into a ring or something with some thematically appropriate enchantment, and tossed him in the Cloud District's moat. Thonar Silverblood got similar treatment in a silver ring somewhere.

I've got lots of others.

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
Fox12 said:
I like Reeve a more than his machine, which is a little silly, since they're essentially the same person. Out of curiosity, do you remember what part of the game that quote is from? I don't remember it, which is strange, since its my favorite game. I do like the complexity of the characters involved in Final Fantasy 7. The characters aren't always noble, but their honest, and I appreciate that in a title.
I think it's around the part where weapon first appears and starts moving towards Midgar, just after the city of ancients. I haven't played it in ages though....might have to get it out of the cupboard sometimes soon.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Not sure if mine counts since he does in fact die, but mine is from Alien Isolation. Putting it here because I didn't get to do it myself.

Marshal Waits

Even before he turns on you and tries to kill you, he's kind of an annoying prick. After he does what he does, I was looking forward to spending some time shooting him in the face, even if it meant I would be playing the same bit over and over for a while. And then the goddamn androids beat me to it.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Adultratedhydra said:
verdant monkai said:
The only reason you guys (internet) like this cretin so much is because she is a child character who someone has spent more than half an hour writing for. If she were a fully grown woman she would be universally hated like that girl in Enslaved Odyssey west.
The vast consensus i've seen about ellie is dislike. The last of us will only be remembered as much as it is because the Sonydrones banged the drums so loud that all other sound got drowned out.

Also. Played last of us to completion. Dislike every character and their motivations.
I haven't met a single person who hasn't shouted their praises to the heavens at least twice in 2013, and another one for good measure once the remake was released a few months ago.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Tidus.

I don't want to hear his fucking story, I wanted him to stay dead at the end of FF X.

Honorable mentions: The cast of FF XIII.

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
EmperorZinyak said:
Grottnikk said:
EmperorZinyak said:
Does anyone know of any games where you're on the side of the bad guys, and stay on their side to the end of the game?
The 2 Payday games have you in the role of the bad guy, big time. Not much of a story, mind you, but still.
I know about the Payday games. I was thinking of more a "soldier in an evil empire" kind of game. I know you can join with Caesar's Legion in the Fallout games, and they're pretty evil bastards, but are there any games where you're always on the force of evil and are allowed to crush the puny rebellion underfoot?
Hmm, that's a tough one... Closest I can think of off the top of my head is to play Civ 5 and act like Kim Jong Un or something. Though that's less "evil" and more "idiot" :). Does the old Tie Fighter game let you be a pilot for the Empire? I never played that so I'm just guessing. The Knights of the Old Republic let you be an evil bastard, though never as an official part of the Sith Empire.

Man, that's a tough order to fill :).

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Hannah Fucking McKay.

Season seven is my favorite in the entire series despite Hannah, because the Dexter-Deb and Dexter-Isaak storylines were that fucking awesome, but Hannah can die in a fire.

She was tolerable in season seven, but she completely ruined season eight. The first few episodes of the season were good, but the second Hannah comes back, it turns into abominable garbage. Not only is her story completely nonsensical and stupid (couldn't she at the very least have dyed her hair or put on a wig before going out in public? YOU'RE A WANTED FUGITIVE YOU MORON), but her return completely eclipsed the interesting stuff that was happening with Deb, and Dexter's motivations for the rest of the season were all about this horrible character we'd basically just met instead of the ones we've known for almost a decade, like a proper final season should.
Beth's death made me let out a little shriek of joy last week. Not because I hated her, I really didn't (and it was such a meaningless, arbitrary death too), but because I was expecting Carol to die instead, and Carol is the best.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
I guess he is "dead" in the sense that his game did so poorly, and there now might be official plans to make the real DMC5 to mask the shit fest that was the reboot...
but there will always be a special place in my heart for wanting Donte to die.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Sansha said:
Thrall from World of Warcraft.

Not only am I tired of Mezten's Green Jesus, but he's been more and more poorly written since Cataclysm - he opens Cataclysm by making a terrible decision that, more than anything in recent years, changed the course of destiny in Azeroth by appointing Garrosh as Warchief, and the worst part is everyone forgets about it and forgives him.

Then he ends up matching power with the fucking Dragon Aspects and saves the world, then immediately disappears until Siege of Orgrimmar to deal with Garrosh, and then goes back to Green Jesus mode to guide us through Draenor.
While I wouldn't want Thrall to die, I totally agree that he was an absolute moron about Garrosh. I mean, through Cataclysm I didn't see much of Garrosh being a power-hungry idiot, so I began to believe that Thrall wasn't TOTALLY wrong.

Then Theramore happened. And when Jaina Proudmoore, one of his oldest friends who repeatedly aided the Horde, fought for peace between them and the Alliance, who helped Grom Hellscream recover from his demon blood relapse, leading to Mannoroth's death and the freedom of the orcs, may be DEAD... He doesn't do a fucking thing. "Oh, the Elements bid that I stay here..." TELL THE ELEMENTS THAT YOU'LL BE GONE FOR TWO WEEKS AT MOST. I mean hell, tell them that Garrosh was tormenting the elements and that you had to leave to STOP that!! THAT would fall under your jurisdiction as shaman AND former Warchief of the Horde!!

Garrosh's decisions were his own (meaning any growth he might've gained through Cataclysm was suddenly scrubbed away), but Thrall has MORE than earned the endless chorus of "I told you so"s that really SHOULD be following him wherever he goes.

Oh, Vol'jin almost died? WELP, BETTER DO SOMETHING THEN.

Oh, so you consider Vol'jin family enough to intervene when HE almost dies, but not Jaina? Nice, Thrall.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
It's in the title of the thread.

I'd be filled with glee if all the characters in "Glee" died

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I remember hoping Ygrette would die ever since her first scene. She's incredible obnoxious even at sword point and comes across like she knows everything so much better which she doesn't! I also can't wait for John Snow to kick the bucket so the show is freed from such a boring character.

In the beginning I hoped Shaun from assassin's creed was a Templar spy so I could stab him to death. I hated Desmond but even I could see Shaun had no reason to act so hostile to him for no clear reason. The series did seem to tone him down somewhat in latter games and I greatly warmed up to Shaun in assasins creed III thanks to giving a less America centered side on the Revolutionary war.

Ishida Mitsunari from samurai warriors is a self righteous prick who really doesn't deserve the moral high ground he so desperately tries to remind the audience he has. If you compare the behavior of him with the rival he claims is so evil he clearly comes off as the poorer man considering he's rude to everyone as a default state while his rival is one of the friendlier members of the cast. In most stories he loses the war and dies which I find the best outcome.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I don't know how to do that spoilers thing, so....SPOILER ALERTS BELOW!!!

Sarah Kerrigan. I've hated her character from the moment she took over the Zerg Swarm, and I'd do anything to have her get killed and have the Swarm controlled by the Overmind again. Let's see: giant floating disembodied eyeball with a cool voice, or the love-child of the Predator and a Bikini Model who swings between psychopathic genocidal maniac and lovestruck teenager. This isn't difficult. Hell, if the Overmind can't return, let Abathur take over the swarm, Abathur was a boss pimp.

I don't even remember her name (that's how lame she is), but the "good" scientist from Syndicate. I don't give a shit that my parents got killed by these corporate dudes, they turned me into this bad-ass unstoppable super soldier, I wanna stay with them! You can go back and whine about your boyfriend that I killed.

Jax from Sons of Anarchy. I got bored of the show after season 3 (so this may have changed) but Jax annoyed me to no end. He's basically James Bond on a motorcycle. Women throw themselves at him, he wins every fight he gets into, continuously outsmarts the entire US Government and every other rival gang, always comes up with these crazily elaborate plans that work to perfection, and is basically just supremely good at everything. But we're supposed to believe he's a high school dropout.

Adamantium93

Jun 9, 2010
Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins.

Ok, maybe not kill, but I really dislike her.

She's arrogant, selfish, manipulative, and generally obnoxious but what makes it even worse is how smart she THINKS she is. She's stupid as a bloody rock but she keeps going on about how intelligent she is and how dumb everyone else is in comparison.

All advice she gives you is bad advice, any time she disapproves of my actions its because she can't see or won't consider the larger consequences, she whines about people being stubborn and set in their ways when she's the worst offender, and her few moments of possible intellect (stories of manipulating people) are really only her using her natural...um...assets to get what she wants. And for some reason, the game acts like she's a wonderful character that everyone is supposed to love.

Yeah, I'll help her and keep her on because her magic is at least useful, but she's easily my least favorite companion from the series.

Also, I wish Thrall from Warcraft would go retire in Outland or something. Getting sick of his crap.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'm getting pretty tired of Skye from Marvel: Agent's of Shield. She's so self centered about her daddy issues that it's starting to grate on my nerves. She's totally happy with hacking into everyone else's private lives to get her information, but if you even hint that someone might have been monitoring her she gets all "how could you betray me like that?!?" And how easy it is to derail her little brain with the barest mention of her father, so much so that it actually became a plot point in an episode. They just kept leading her along with shit about her dad, and she just stops giving a shit about anything else, usually to the point that it makes the events in the episode go from bad to worse.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Hawke from DA2. The embodiment of quality turning into dross as Bioware's games degenerate.

I want to stab him in the eyes and rip his corpse to shreds.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Adamantium93 said:
And for some reason, the game acts like she's a wonderful character that everyone is supposed to love.
Wait what? Just about everybody that meets Morrigan hates her guts almost instantaneously, the only one who even can like her at all is the player character themselves. Alistar in particular hates even being around her and isn't shy about telling her that to her face.

For the record, I like Morrigan precisely because she's so hilariously blunt and arrogant, yet most of the time the player can convince her of a better option, and besides, she's the one that comes up with that third option to killing the Archdemon that doesn't involve you or a party member dying.

OT: I know one thing for sure, Gotham's Barbara needs to die in a fire. She's a complete hypocrite, (you expect Gordon to trust you and tell you everything when he tells you privileged information and then you can go blab it to the newspapers in front of him?) suicidally stupid, (too many incidents to name but in particular heading straight the to mansion of the mob boss so she can beg for her boyfriend's life after he already tried to kidnap her and hold her hostage against him once already instead of going into hiding like Gordon wanted her to) and she's incredibly whiny the entire time. I know she has to survive to give birth to Batgirl at some point but preventing Batgirl's existence just to have this woman dead would be a more than worthwhile tradeoff to get this worthless woman off this show. Barbara is easily the weak link in what is otherwise a damned good show.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Adamantium93 said:
Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins.

Ok, maybe not kill, but I really dislike her.

She's arrogant, selfish, manipulative, and generally obnoxious but what makes it even worse is how smart she THINKS she is. She's stupid as a bloody rock but she keeps going on about how intelligent she is and how dumb everyone else is in comparison.

All advice she gives you is bad advice, any time she disapproves of my actions its because she can't see or won't consider the larger consequences, she whines about people being stubborn and set in their ways when she's the worst offender, and her few moments of possible intellect (stories of manipulating people) are really only her using her natural...um...assets to get what she wants. And for some reason, the game acts like she's a wonderful character that everyone is supposed to love.

Yeah, I'll help her and keep her on because her magic is at least useful, but she's easily my least favorite companion from the series.

Also, I wish Thrall from Warcraft would go retire in Outland or something. Getting sick of his crap.
Although I'm not 100% sure of it, I think Morrigan was basically Bioware's love letter to Viconia Devir, a character from the Baldur's Gate games who was very similar. She starts off as arrogant, selfish, and cruel, but the more you push things with her and the more you spend time with her, you discover that a lot of the way she acts is basically due to her upbringing (Viconia was a Drow) and she ends up actually becoming shockingly caring and compassionate as the game goes on. I think they were aiming for something similar with Morrigan. Likewise, Viconia is definitely the most "difficult" romance in the game, as she toys with you constantly and you're never quite sure if she actually likes you or not, similar to Morrigan.

They didn't quite nail it like they did with Baldur's Gate, but I thought they did a pretty good job.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Ten Foot Bunny said:
EmperorZinyak said:
I'm only a few hours into Far Cry 4, but already I want Amita and Sabal to die.
Preach it! Those two fucking annoyed me. Though I stuck with Amita to the very end, I couldn't stop thinking about how much better the game would have been if I could have sided with Pagan, cast two middle fingers to the rebels, and booked a nice room in the palace.

I wouldn't have minded a few nights with Noore either but... er...

Is it hot in here?
Well, if you go with the game's alternate ending, you don't even have to look at all these guys.

To unlock it, start a new game and just stay in the dining room when Pagan tells you to stay and enjoy dinner. You can move around a little, but stay in the room for about twenty minutes real-time. If you're back in your seat or near it by that time, Min should come back and offer to whisk you off to drop off Ishwari's ashes in Lakshmana's shrine. Do that, and the game will end with Min asking you if you'd actually like to start shooting things, now that you've actually upheld your promise.

The game ends there, but it's assumed that Ajay does end up going on a murder spree on the monarchy's behalf, as opposed to joining the Golden Path.