Chat With the Lord of the Rings Online Devs Today

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Chat With the Lord of the Rings Online Devs Today

Our comrades over at WarCry are holding a live chat in IRC with the developers of Lord of the Rings Online later today and next week. If you want to talk pipe-weed cross-breeding with Turbine themselves, don't miss it!

The Escapist's brothers/sisters-in-arms over at WarCry are hosting [http://www.warcry.com/news/view/92088] some fine folks from Tubine later today for a chat about all things Lord of the Rings Online. Here's the skinny:

When: Today, June 3, 2009 at 8 PM EST and next week, on June 10, 2009 at 3 PM EST. The chat next week is scheduled for all you EU players.

Who: Guests from Turbine, makers of Lord of the Rings Online: Orion, Jalessa, Raskolnikov, Fantus, Graalx2, and Sapience.

Where: irc.chatspike.net 6667 in ##warcouncil

How: Via your preferred IRC client of choice, or, more conveniently, WarCry's very own browser chat [http://lotro.warcry.com/chat].

If you're at all interested in LotRO, this should prove to be a fun and informative chat. So light up some pipe-weed [http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=124740] and get to chatting. Don't miss it!

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Psychosocial said:
I'm almost ready to bet that the question, "why did you ruin March Mayhem from cheating" will come up somewhere in that chat.
Actually I was just thinking about saying that.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
*Cough*

Consider March Mayhem rules still in effect here, and on WarCry. Tread very lightly on that particular topic - this is a rare chance for fans of LotRO to be able to ask the developers of the game questions about upcoming content, and attempts by anyone to derail it with irrelevant concerns, or to harass WarCry/Escapist staff volunteers moderating the chat, will be dealt with rather harshly.

So... do keep that in mind :)

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
*Cough*

Consider March Mayhem rules still in effect here, and on WarCry. Tread very lightly on that particular topic - this is a rare chance for fans of LotRO to be able to ask the developers of the game questions about upcoming content, and attempts by anyone to derail it with irrelevant concerns, or to harass WarCry/Escapist staff volunteers moderating the chat, will be dealt with rather harshly.

So... do keep that in mind :)
Yeah, I guessed the banhammorz of might would be swinging.

And how long is codgo going to be banned for doing that. You know what I mean.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
I'd go and flip them off with ASCII, but somehow I don't think it'd be worth the inevitable consequences.

I will sit back with popcorn and wait for the moron who does however.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Tread very lightly on that particular topic
Fair enough, but I bet for a fair few forum goers it'll be the only thing they want to discuss. Heck, for a few it might be the only thing they know about Turbine.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
fix-the-spade said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Tread very lightly on that particular topic
Fair enough, but I bet for a fair few forum goers it'll be the only thing they want to discuss. Heck, for a few it might be the only thing they know about Turbine.
Then they'd be better off not coming.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
That's all well and good, but have they answered the age-old question 'Does the Balrog have wings'? We really need to know these things!

I'm not really that interested, to be honest; I never really thought a LOTR MMO would work, but to each his own.....*shrugs*

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
The_Oracle said:
That's all well and good, but have they answered the age-old question 'Does the Balrog have wings'? We really need to know these things!

I'm not really that interested, to be honest; I never really thought a LOTR MMO would work, but to each his own.....*shrugs*
The LOTR theme actually makes a very good MMO. The epic story line in my opinion is one of the things that sets it apart from the others.

Oh and yes the balrog has wings:

As for the chat it went very well and we didn't have to ban anyone! For those interest you can view the transcript here: http://www.warcry.com/news/view/92177-LOtRO-Dev-Chat-Transcript-06-03-2009

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Cool, I might be there next week. See if they can sell me on the changes with MoM and convince me to play again.