Cheapest DLC Ever is a Radish From Hell

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Cheapest DLC Ever is a Radish From Hell

An somewhat obscure title has received a very cheap piece of DLC in the form of a dangerous vegetable.

Japanese players of PSP game Prinny 2 Tokkou Yuugi! Akatsuki no Pantsu Daisakusenssu! (which translates to something like Prinny 2: Dawn of the Great Pants War [http://www.amazon.com/NIPPON1-Prinny-2-PSP-Japan-Sony/dp/B003AV5C3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278529365&sr=1-1]) are now able to download the cheapest piece of DLC known to man (other than one that is free). For the low, low price of around 10 cents, Prinny can be equipped with a "Demon World Radish" that takes the place of its weapon throughout the game.

Developer Nippon Ichi is selling the radish for a mere 10 yen, which is apparently the cheapest a piece of DLC can be sold for on the PlayStation Network. Not only is this piece of DLC cheap, but it's absolutely ridiculous. Still, it makes perfect sense within the world of Prinny. The Demon World Radish is not a weapon to be trifled with.

The Prinny character received its own side-scrolling platform/action game after making a first appearance in the Disgaea tactical-RPG series. A Prinny is a penguin with a bomb strapped to it, which makes it one of the most lethal penguins on Earth, possibly only second to the Batman villain if he's got all those cool umbrellas with him. The original Prinny side-scroller, Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?, made its way out of Japan and was known for its difficulty, but also for giving players 1,000 lives.

You've got to wonder why Nippon Ichi is putting a price tag on this DLC at all, as it can't be making much money from it. Maybe it's a publicity stunt, as a 10 cent price may get it more press than to release it for free. I mean, I'm writing about it, and I'm pretty important in the grand scheme of things, so it must have worked. When compared to other recent DLC offerings from larger videogame companies that have a suspect value, this deadly radish is definitely the bee's knees.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/16/prinny_dlc/]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So... what does the radish do?
Is it stronger? Does it shoot projectiles? Is it just for amusement?
Yeah, I'm guessing the last.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Gotta have radish dude!

I really hope this game will come out to the US. Besides it being ~10 cents is this the first DLC for the PSP?

m@

Aug 10, 2009
haha loved the 'i'm pretty important' comment, someones get delusions of grandeur me thinks ;)

and straying bullet we're lucky next time it'll be 1/2 lol

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Wow, a weapon for 6p...
How interesting.

That said, it does look pretty interesting as a concept for individual itms in a game.

Oh, and Mr. Goldman:
I'm still waiting for the pictures of those chairs...

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I must take this opportunity to present an unusual ancient Greek word to you all.

[a href="http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?l=r(afanido/w&la=greek&prior=r(afani/s#lexicon"]Here it is[/a]

The definition is in the top right of the left-hand box, if you're having trouble finding it.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Its an explosive death penguin with a radish.

Dont question the logic, it isnt there.

What ever you do, DO NOT THROW THE PRINNIES!

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Tharwen said:
I must take this opportunity to present an unusual ancient Greek word to you all.

[a href="http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?l=r(afanido/w&la=greek&prior=r(afani/s#lexicon"]Here it is[/a]

The definition is in the top right of the left-hand box, if you're having trouble finding it.
Now how do I pronounce that amazing piece of verbiage?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
@The DSM: It is an explosive peg-legged bat-winged death penguin with stars in its eyes, carrying a pointy radish. Batman or The Joker don't evoke that much terror. And all for less than a dime.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Amazing read.

This is how DLC SHOULD be promoted as. I am looking at you Activision. Not pricing it 1/4 of the game price.
Exactly. Only if something is marketed as an expansion or "mini-expansion" should it ever cost more than $5-$10. And map packs should always be free, splitting the player-base is a big no-no in my books. Just destroys the community, and with no community comes no one to buy your other DLC.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
(which translates to something like Prinny 2: Dawn of the Great Pants War)
Would that be American pants or British pants?

One is substantially more hilarious than the other. I'd like to know which so that my gigglefits may rest assured in their validity.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Never has the urge to murder with a vegetable been so high...
Indeed, I want a Demon World Radish in all my games.

Fuck it, I want a Demon World Radish in real life.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The original Prinny side-scroller, Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?, made its way out of Japan and was known for its difficulty
Sounds like I wanna be the Guy. Seriously it does, and that game sounds like pure sillyness wrapped in shenanigans.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
SeanTheSheep said:
Tharwen said:

Now how do I pronounce that amazing piece of verbiage?
As far as I can tell,

ra (as in rat)
pha (as in... phat?)
nid (as in tyranid)
o (as in top)
ow (as in crow)

Rathanido-ow. (I thrust a radish up the fundament)

It doesn't really go into English very convincingly.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Danny Ocean said:
Tom Goldman said:
(which translates to something like Prinny 2: Dawn of the Great Pants War)
Would that be American pants or British pants?

One is substantially more hilarious than the other. I'd like to know which so that my gigglefits may rest assured in their validity.
It's British pants. Pantsu is Japanese for underwear.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
All the TF2 (For the PC) updates have been free, wouldn't that be the "cheapest" since you can't really get cheaper then something being free?