Check Out Five Minutes of the Halo Legends Anime

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
Subpar character animation
Terrible voice acting and script
and the Covenant look like Pokemon

And plus I can't really be expected to take this seriously when most of Japan doesn't give two shits about Halo.
No! You fool, they clearly look like Digimon! Get your monsters right. In fact I wouldn't be surprised i they called themselves Conventomon!

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
NeedAUserName said:
TheTygerfire said:

And plus I can't really be expected to take this seriously when most of Japan doesn't give two shits about Halo.
No! You fool, they clearly look like Digimon! Get your monsters right. In fact I wouldn't be surprised i they called themselves Conventomon!
Digimon
Digital Monsters
Digimon are the champions!

*sigh* The first season was the only good one, too...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
TheTygerfire said:

Minus the last part (due to no knowledge of the matter) that's pretty much my summary.

Add to that no way would an elite military unit allow a stereotypical JRPG character into their ranks (insane long hair for a military man, and a whiny *****) and the battle between the Spartan and the Brute looking like it belongs in a Devil May Cry cutscene and you have my full thoughts so far.

Which is a shame because the original trailer made it look very good.

ccesarano said:
Oh, and why does everyone make a big deal about Brutes? Elites were much more interesting to fight.
Agreed. They were also twice as hard. I remember getting owned by single Elites in Halo: CE, in Halo 2 and 3 I can single handedly take on squads without even worrying.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
I'm pretty interested in how this project turns out. For those who say this isn't Halo is just taking the context from the game and not the universe of Halo, so they don't count lol. There's quite a bit hand-to-hand fighting in the books.

At least it looks better than the Batman ones.

Btw: this is from Studio 4˚C.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
Though it doesn't look like halo it does look Like the older gundam animes which we I personally really liked It also in a way looked Cowboy Bebop and had a similar feel.

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
WNxSajuukCor said:
Btw: this is from Studio 4˚C.
You sure? My reaction was more along these lines:

Ph33nix said:
It also in a way looked Cowboy Bebop and had a similar feel.
Admittedly, I only have a bare minimum experience with anime (Cowboy Bebop and some Hellsing being the only anime I've ever really watched, I still need to make time for Ghost in the Shell), but everything just screamed Bebop to me. The look of the characters and backgrounds, the animation style, the voice acting, the fight sequence - take away the aliens and replace them with gangsters, take away the 26th Century weapons and replace them with pre-WWII pistols, and add a few characters that smoke and you've basically got a Cowboy Bebop short in all but name.

And honestly, I'm surprised at the comments so far. I was expecting some flak, but only a handful of positive reactions in two dozen posts? Wow. As for me, I like it so far, I don't know if I'll buy it (initially) but I don't flat-out hate it like so many seem to do.

Blackhol

May 28, 2009
i didnt like the animation for the fight scene . it felt to much like dragon ball z or something like that where people would dodge attacks by disappearing off screen. and halo is mostly about guns and mass amount of covenants not just 1 big brute

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
Strategia said:
...take away the aliens and replace them with gangsters, take away the 26th Century weapons and replace them with pre-WWII pistols, and add a few characters that smoke and you've basically got a Cowboy Bebop short in all but name.
Except for, you know, the interesting characters, the compelling story, the excellent music and everything else that makes Cowboy Bebop a classic. Really there's no comparison at all except that the sniper in this apparently stole Spike's hair.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Doesn't look like Babysitter is the best choice for first impressions. This one looks decent but I hope that the other studios do better.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I had high hopes before, but this looks like a pretty average anime with an even older look.

But I'll probably tune in just for the Halo aspect. Come on, it's Spartans!

Hybrid Sight

Sep 13, 2009
I kinda thought it would be crap when i first heard about it, but after seeing this i kinda wanna watch a few episodes.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
DrunkWithPower said:
This is about as awesome as Wolverine anime....
Like... not at all?

I are confused, but then I guess you could say that I just feel that way because I have never gave two shits about any Halo anything.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
would be more enjoyable without the crappy dub... this is why i watch subtitled anime.