Check Out Five Minutes of the Halo Legends Anime

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Heathrow said:
Strategia said:
...take away the aliens and replace them with gangsters, take away the 26th Century weapons and replace them with pre-WWII pistols, and add a few characters that smoke and you've basically got a Cowboy Bebop short in all but name.
Except for, you know, the interesting characters, the compelling story, the excellent music and everything else that makes Cowboy Bebop a classic. Really there's no comparison at all except that the sniper in this apparently stole Spike's hair.
I was talking about the visuals.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I've yet to formulate an opinion. I'm not really a fan of anime, but I think some people posting here are treating it harshly for having affiliations with halo. That's not to say that some people are just critiquing it for being mediocre, i'm just stating an observation.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
NeedAUserName said:
TheTygerfire said:
Subpar character animation
Terrible voice acting and script
and the Covenant look like Pokemon

And plus I can't really be expected to take this seriously when most of Japan doesn't give two shits about Halo.
No! You fool, they clearly look like Digimon! Get your monsters right. In fact I wouldn't be surprised i they called themselves Conventomon!
Digimon
Digital Monsters
Digimon are the champions!

*sigh* The first season was the only good one, too...
Hey, the second season was pretty dope. It's when the THIRD season came that everything went down the bowl.

[sup]Dope? As an adjective? Clearly I am more tired than I thought.[/sup]

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
The Bandit said:
TheTygerfire said:

And plus I can't really be expected to take this seriously when most of Japan doesn't give two shits about Halo.
You base what you care about on what Japan cares about?
No, it works like this.

Japan doesn't care about Halo
More than likely the studio that made the anime didn't either
therefore they either had no passion for the work or half assed it
Therefore "If they don't care, why should I?"
A least the haters base their hatred off a mindless trend of "it's halo so it's bad", you base your hatred off potential possibilities which may or may not be "likely".

On topic, it looked like every other anime I have ever seen so I'll need to see more before forming a based opinion.

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
TheTygerfire said:

Curtmiester said:
Ugh, whos stupid idea was this?! I'm starting to see why Halo haters are Halo haters.
This about sums up my feelings for this.

Plus I'd say it looks like it was made in the 90's but that would be insulting to 90's anime.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
The Bandit said:
TheTygerfire said:

No, it works like this.

Fair enough.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
hypothetical fact said:
TheTygerfire said:
The Bandit said:
TheTygerfire said:

No, it works like this.

A least the haters base their hatred off a mindless trend of "it's halo so it's bad", you base your hatred off potential possibilities which may or may not be "likely"
I also didn't like the anime itself, for your information. My entire opinion isn't based on what Japan does and doesn't like.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
and wham 56 seconds in I lose interest....

I thought the fight looked terrible. To me the Spartans are walking tanks that are just sluggers who can flip cars like you'd flip a mattress. No interest in this at all and not just because it's Japanese animation,

just because it looks shit.