Check Out These Incredible World of Warcraft Movie Shots

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Hmm... I don't know.
Media sites tell me to check out the amazing footage and how great everything looks. But to me it seems like two hours of rubbery probs in a palstic CGI world. At this point I think I'd rather watch a movie made by cosplayers. Seriously, some of those costumes are amazing and show the love these guys have for the Warcraft universe.

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
Click bait article is click bait. Seriously, all these 'shots' are all from what has already been released in the trailers so far. Nothing new has been seen except for the movie posters.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
the silence said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
There is pretty much no way this can be good. The plot of warcraft at this point is snookaloopy. This is going to be like the final fantasy movie.
Which they have the opportunity with this movie to Reboot the plot to make it more comprehensible. I mean shit they are trying to make the current video game's plot and lore more comprehensible with the recent release of the World of Warcraft Chronicles book which is now officially canon.

Here is a video on the origin of the Warcraft universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxyRu1qx4U
Oh, nonononnono, they wont reboot the plot, that would piss off the lore nerds which pay their rent. It doesn't matter how silly a plot is, someone will be determined to know every little thing about it if there is a lot of it.
You know they're already rebooting Warcraft 1 (which is actually quite simple, so no convolution ... yet) with the movie, right?
Of course they are, warcraft 1 was pretty much already retconned with events that happened in later games.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
the silence said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
There is pretty much no way this can be good. The plot of warcraft at this point is snookaloopy. This is going to be like the final fantasy movie.
Which they have the opportunity with this movie to Reboot the plot to make it more comprehensible. I mean shit they are trying to make the current video game's plot and lore more comprehensible with the recent release of the World of Warcraft Chronicles book which is now officially canon.

Here is a video on the origin of the Warcraft universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxyRu1qx4U
Oh, nonononnono, they wont reboot the plot, that would piss off the lore nerds which pay their rent. It doesn't matter how silly a plot is, someone will be determined to know every little thing about it if there is a lot of it.
You know they're already rebooting Warcraft 1 (which is actually quite simple, so no convolution ... yet) with the movie, right?
Of course they are, warcraft 1 was pretty much already retconned with events that happened in later games.
Warcraft 1's story was made up as they went along. Also its considered that the Orc campaign is the true ending.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Thaluikhain said:
Huh, that looks...hang on, what colour are orcs now?

And...was that a "Sexy" orc lady there? C'mon...
There are different colored Orcs from bright green to tan, to brown. Not going to bother with the details.

As for the orc chick, it could be Garona. She's half human, half orc.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
BiH-Kira said:
I thought this was supposed to be a Warcraft and not WoW movie. Did I miss something or is hat a mistake?
It's a mistake apparently. The film, true to it's name, is apparently going to be a retelling of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
I'm disappointed in those army sizes. How many farms did they have to build to make those? Plus there's no way they'll be able to command all of 'em, issuing orders 4 at a time would take far too long.

Jeez, can't even see any Mages or Paladins in that comp. Fucking scrubs.

Thaluikhain said:
Huh, that looks...hang on, what colour are orcs now?

And...was that a "Sexy" orc lady there? C'mon...
Hey, at least it's accurate to the game - female orc being 1/3 the size of the men, incredibly attractive and wearing impractical armour? Shit, it's like she's just walked out of the character generator!

The skin colour thing is weird though. They're all supposed to be green, since even the Frostwolf clan drank demons blood. Unless all the brown orcs are just really dusty? Or they're all pre-invasion flashbacks and the orcs are proper green in the main movie. I dunno, this feels like it's going to be really convoluted for no good reason.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Kanatatsu said:
Back in my day, orcs weren't sexy AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY.
She's Half Orc Half Human.
She was retconned to half Orc and half Draenei years ago. Back in the Burning Crusade for WoW.

And for those complaining about sexy orcs:

I think she was supposed to be pretty good-looking even waaaay back in Warcraft Orcs and Humans. Which is to say she's been around as long as Warcraft has.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Dimitriov said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Kanatatsu said:
Back in my day, orcs weren't sexy AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY.
She's Half Orc Half Human.
She was retconned to half Orc and half Draenei years ago. Back in the Burning Crusade for WoW.

And for those complaining about sexy orcs:

I think she was supposed to be pretty good-looking even waaaay back in Warcraft Orcs and Humans. Which is to say she's been around as long as Warcraft has.
Let's hope they retconned Med'an out of this movie universe. And so far the judging from the trailers they are accomplishing that with making her have a thing for Anduin Lothar.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Halyah said:
The CGI orcs next to real humans just look... off, but thats the uncanny valley for you I suppose. Though something seems off about Garona too, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is(I mean aside from the fact that a draenei/orc hybrid looks nothing like a hybrid at all).
At least they look more like Orcs then the ones in Lord of the Rings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSKtx2A1X80

Those guys looks nothing like orcs I am used to:

Also I think I found the perfect male orc to ship Garona with.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
This movie still looks fucking awful and the dumbest thing of all is still them using live action humans alongside the very exaggerated and cartoony looking orks, the awkward clash of visual style there is so damn weird and off putting.

And something about the art direction overall has that shallow vapid generic hollywood look to it, which is the total opposite of blizzards cinematics. I'd have happily paid ticket price for a half hour blizzard cinematic, I have no idea why they didn't just work on something like that instead.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
They just forgot their announcement on April 1st that this was all a joke and that they didn't spend millions of dollars on something that looks so terrible, right?

Synigma

Dec 24, 2014
I have faith in Blizzard and Duncan Jones so I'm certain it'll be a good movie. Whether or not it'll be good enough to get people to come see it and start a movie franchise is the question. I really hope it does though, I want a Lich King movie damnit! And since that happened in Warcraft 3... that means we need a trilogy.

I agree there is something wrong with action scenes in the trailers. The blurry/fast motion looks kind of weird but I haven't had any problems with the orcs personally, I think they look pretty good.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Ishigami said:
Is this supposed to mean incredible bad? Can't help it... looks cheap as fuck to me.
i know right. i don't get the hype for this film when looking at the quality of the animation, costumes and effects which are going to be on screen all the time.