Check Out This Video of Crysis 2 On PC and 360

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Check Out This Video of Crysis 2 On PC and 360

If you've got both a 360 and a PC that can play Crysis 2, this video will probably help you make up your mind about which version of the game to buy.

<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-2-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA1MQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299691614&sr=8-2>Crysis 2 is due out on March 25th, but some folks aren't sure which version to get because they more than one system that can play the game. To help with that decision, a video has recently surfaced on the Web that showcases how the game compares on a high-end PC (all the graphics settings are turned up to the max) with the 360 version.

Most of these scenes don't really showcase the action in Crysis 2, they instead feature static shots. Obviously, the PC build features superior lighting effects, but even the 360 build seems like it holds its own pretty well. What would be really useful would be a comparison that highlights how the game performs when a player's in the middle of a firefight.

Of course, no one should be surprised that the game looks much more impressive on a high-end PC than it does on the 360; that'd be like being surprised that a porsche goes faster than a semi. But it is a bit surprising that the 360 build looks so good. According to the caption at the top of the video, another video will soon be released that features comparisons between the PC, 360, and PS3 versions of Crysis 2.

Source: Geek

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Compare this game to Crysis 1 and this graphic really sucks. Gief dx11.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
to be honest

I will stick with the PC one

screw the graphics, I have played it on console and PC wins because on PC there is no host migration every 5 minutes

of course, this is the demo =P

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
Only real difference is better light effects on PC. I'll stick with the 360 version, I am not a graphics whore.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Does it say what the Specs of the PC are? Also Crysis has still to implement the latest DX11 (though it's supposed to be in a later patch).

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
LOL, as if this serves anything then fueling console wars.

People who play on consoles got it for that, and PC players got it for their rig, and I'll be damned if anyone took this video into account when buying.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Korey Von Doom said:
Even if it got to a point where consoles and PCs look the same, PC wins with controls.
Yeah, you're right. It's all a big contest and someone has to win.

More on topic: Both versions look just awesome. Yeah, the lighting is better on PC, with better textures as well, but that's to be expected. I'm just glad the 360 version looks and plays as well as it does! Great graphics and great fun. Loving the demo, and can't wait to grab my copy when it comes out!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
It's a difference yes, but not a HUGE difference. Apart from the lighting there's really not that much of a change, all things considered I'll still get the Xbox version.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
The graphics were scaled down on PC even on highest settings, the devs said that this game wouldn't be a PC breaker like the last one. If this was a baseball game, PC has just been given a foam bat.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
PC version is running in DX9 on that, so we'll see how close it is when the game's out. Textures are of a much higher resolution, and shadows are much better though.

As for all the people going on about DX11 being implemented in a patch, I've still yet to see even a news story about that, let alone word from Crytek, so I'm not really sure what everyone's on about.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Well not saying the Xbox version looks bad, it looks quite nice - but the PC version clearly has much better textures, AA, and AF. And the PC version isn't even using DX11! Or even DX10! If they do this at release I'd be willing to bet the difference will become quite significant.

And if anyone wants some more Crysis 2 vids, obviously there's lots on YouTube but let me take this moment in an appropriate thread to push my own gameplay vid

There's a couple more on my Channel

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
I will be playing the 360 version only because my computer sucks. I would love the full experience but now-a-days graphics are not really that important since most everything now looks fantastic.

Ok, maybe not most everything but the visuals don't matter if the game sucks and I am not to impressed with the multiplayer demo out now. It is ok but nothing special. Still well worth playing tho and my guess is that the single player campaign will be mind blowing.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I find it funny how people post these graphics videos on YouTube. While some obvious differences will be visible, all of the interesting detail is lost due to the low resolution and video compression.
It would make more sense to post high-res screenshots.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Gaaaaah.

PC demo is running on DIRECT X NINE. The first Crysis could run at the DX10. Crysis 2 will support DirectX 11.

...But even now, with inferior engine, PC looks better. Yay.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
saw that video on mycrysis.com

much sharper textures, will get better when crymod makes a higher quality texture pack

I don't think that crysis 2 looks any worse compared to vanilla crysis, I think too many people have been spoiled by 3 years of Autoexec.cfg tweaks and user made levels with custom TOD's

^ Amazonia river map

Nowhere in basic crysis looks that good

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
You think the 360 is holding its own? Yes it looks fantastic for a 360 game but next to the PC game it looks 4 years out of date. Its not just the lighting pay attention to the floor textures and distant objects, those textures look flatter than pancakes and a couple seem to be misaligned.

Sorry 360 you get to stay in the desk drawer with your new heat-sink unattached; Still nothing interesting to run on you.