Check Your Email - Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Alpha Keys Reportedly Going Out

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Check Your Email - Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Alpha Keys Reportedly Going Out

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1416/1416464.jpgA series of NeoGAF posts report that some are receiving Alpha keys for Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

We've known since before E3 that Star Wars: Battlefront 2 was going to get a multiplayer beta prior to its launch. But if reports making the rounds this morning are true, EA is sending out keys for an alpha test as we speak.

In a thread that popped up on NeoGAF early this morning, multiple users are reporting that they have received invite to a PC alpha test for Battlefront 2. While EA has yet to officially announce such a test, it wouldn't be surprising to see them launch it quietly.

The alpha test was apparently mentioned in a post by EA community manager Mat Everett on the game's official forums last week. That post was quickly pulled, but a screenshot was posted on responded [https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/6jgi8j/hint_of_battlefront_ii_alpha_for_pc_xbox_one_and/] to a Twitter user who said that they had heard about an alpha, saying "You heard wrong."

We've reached out to EA to see if they will offer any more information on the alpha, if it's happening, and if so, when. We'll update this post if we receive a reply. In the meantime, check your email. If you've received an alpha code, let us know in the forums!

[gallery=7541]

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Wasn't Battlefront 1 the alpha for Battlefront 2? Or was that only the tech demo?

Blackknight7W

Sep 3, 2009
My best friend got an alpha key. He seems pretty excited about it so far, so I guess we'll see what happens.

man2man

Nov 10, 2017
Ukomba said:
The alpha test was apparently mentioned in a post by EA community manager Mat Everett on the game's official forums last week. That post was quickly pulled, but a screenshot was posted on responded [https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/6jgi8j/hint_of_battlefront_ii_alpha_for_pc_xbox_one_and/] to a Twitter user who said that they had heard about an alpha, saying "You heard wrong."

We've reached out to EA to see if they will offer any more information on the alpha, if it's happening, and if so, when. We'll update this post if we receive a reply. In the meantime, check your email. If you've received an alpha code, let us know in the forums!

[gallery=7541]

I am just glad that they listened to the community a little bit and didnt turn Battlefront into a 100% pay to win game.

Like the first version of the loot crates was mobile game level pay to win in a 60 dollar game.

Sad the way the industry is going. - Everything is turning into a mobile game. (But with hackers and aimbots and capped at 30 fps lol)