Cheetara Gets "Boob Job" In New ThunderCats

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Cheetara Gets "Boob Job" In New ThunderCats

Apparently the Thundertank isn't the only thing that's getting an update.

So it's been fairly common knowledge that ThunderCats is <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108076-First-Thundercats-Trailer-Breaks-Out-the-Lizards-and-Sword-Fights>getting an animated reboot, courtesy of Cartoon Network, and now that its July premiere is fast-approaching, more and more details are coming into the light. From the sound of things, the new series is going to not only be pretty fun, but it'll definitely be geared towards an older audience.

io9 recently got to sit down with the series' creators, ask some questions, and check out a new trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMhtXYqhlNc&feature=player_embedded]. The show is, basically, set to be an origin story, featuring a smaller, younger Lion-O who will grow in size during the series. On top of that, Panthro is going to be the big strong guy and will be more intense than he was in the original series. Oh, and Cheetara "has gotten a boob job."

Here's what io9 got to see:

In the trailer, we see the idyllic land of Thundera - which is no longer its own world, but just a walled city-state on Third Earth. It's the days of peace and prosperity, but the voice-over warns us that the tribulations have been prophesized. And indeed, a whole army of lizard people come to attack Thundera, with huge mecha walkers and missiles and lasers, against the Thundercats' flaming arrows. The Thundercats promise to "fight like cats," but to no avail, as we see Thundera being destroyed. Cheetara joins the fight, with lots of awesome cat-fu, and Lion-O holds his sword aloft, with lots of lightning. "Go Thundercats Go!" we are exhorted.

Meanwhile, there's some other info that fans of the series will probably get a kick out of. The Thundertank will be present in the cartoon, but it will have some major updates, including new missiles and motorcycles that come out of the arms. Finally, Snarf won't be nearly as hatable as he was in the original cartoon. Apparently the folks behind the show are taking Snarf in a decidedly Pokémon direction: He'll still say "snarf" a lot, but he'll also make other animal noises that Lion-O will be able to understand. Finally, there's some stellar voice-actors involved with the project: Clancy Brown (known to many for his excellent work as Lex Luthor in Superman and Justice League) will voice Robin Atkins-Downs is taking over the role of Mumm-Ra.

Overall, this generally sounds pretty good so far. I also enjoyed Cartoon Network's revamp of He-Man. Now, if the channel will just update Silverhawks, I can die a happy man.

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/#!5788440/first-thundercats-footage-features-sexier-cheetara-and-a-badder-thundertank>io9

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I was skeptical at first, but this has gotten my hopes up.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Awesome looking new show and I really love the new animation. It'll be fun to check it out once it's on. Cartoon Network is notoriously good for dealing with more adult themes in animation so I'm hoping this will do the same.

fabulocco

Nov 9, 2009
I cant watch this on Brasil. Copyright related s***. Wont bother proxying.

This is so retarded.

Edit: Found another source. Cool Trailer!

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010

It won't last Cartoonnetwork is too damn cheap and would rather make ben10 or more dumb ass johnny test episodes.

They couldn't even finish Samurai Jack. It looks to be a prequel so they won't have to worry about original's 5 seasons.

Misho-

May 20, 2010
Man... I was expecting boobs so huge it would make the whole thing looks rather silly.

But actually they are pretty average. So the Title for the thread could have been something like :"New Thundercats Trailer" And it would be less missleading.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
I want to watch it sooo bad but stupid ass copyright shit
If you click on the link it should redirect you to youtube where you can just watch it there.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While the animation look great but I hope the story will also be great (I do for to admit I got the chill when Liono say those words).

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Misho- said:
Man... I was expecting boobs so huge it would make the whole thing looks rather silly.

But actually they are pretty average. So the Title for the thread could have been something like :"New Thundercats Trailer" And it would be less misleading.
Yeah. My first reaction before seeing the trailer was "Because that's what every children's show needs- women with big tits!" But I was pleasantly surprised. To my memory, they don't look that much bigger than in the original series. So why did it even need to be mentioned? It's like the new creators are stating right out, "And we're gonna mention Cheetara's boobs just to appeal to the perverted fanboy contingent!" :p

And again, as I recall from the original, Lion-o originally started as a young boy anyhow. It was the time in cryo-sleep in travel to the planet they escaped to that made him grow from a young boy to an adolescent/young man. Can't tell from just the trailer, but it appears to be much the same here. And the voice actor for Panthro in the original series changed his lines so that instead of being a shuck-and-jive caricature, he was much more of a powerful man of wisdom. How is this any different from the original? All I really see are minor cosmetic changes so far.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
gphjr14 said:
Quiet Stranger said:
If you click on the link it should redirect you to youtube where you can just watch it there.

Tried, still doesn't work

I wish i lived in the United States so I got these new shows when they come out and not like 2 years after.

Milkman Dan

Sep 11, 2008
gphjr14 said:
Quiet Stranger said:
How does that help when it's the actual Youtube video that's blocked?

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Milkman Dan said:
gphjr14 said:
Quiet Stranger said:
How does that help when it's the actual Youtube video that's blocked?
You must not be in the US since I can still watch it. If thats the case I can't help you, sorry.

In regards to Cheetara's boobs they are bigger than the original model. No point really considering most female track stars (female athletes in general) have significantly smaller chest.