Children Become Voice Actors in Hilarious Dragon Age Video

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Children Become Voice Actors in Hilarious Dragon Age Video

This charming Dragon Age vignette might be your only chance to hear the words "magic" and "nug" in the same sentence.

As a dark fantasy series, the Dragon Age games usually take themselves rather seriously. Of course, as the video below proves, "usually" doesn't mean "always."

The video was scripted by BioWare and voiced by the lucky recipients of a "BioWare Experience," courtesy of the Children with Cancer [http://www.kidswithcancer.ca/index.shtml] charity. The Dragon Age developer auctioned off the experience, which included the chance to help design a character, a tour of the studio's Edmonton office, and, of course, the opportunity to be part of a unique entry in the BioWare canon, at this year's Beaded Journey Gala.

The auction raised $15,500, and provided the rest of us with a look into the life of a Free Marches adventurer that we might otherwise have missed. I have to say, the kids do a pretty good job with the voices. I especially like the rather adorable Arishok who hopes to get his - or is it her? - hands on a magic nug.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/bioware-held-a-grand-tour-for-kids-with-cancer-218112.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+%28Destructoid%29]

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Call me an asshole, but I didn't find that particularly cute or endearing, cancer kids or no.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
If there's not a codex entry about a group discovering an well guarded rare delicacy, then I will be disappoint.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Like the dude on Youtube says in the comments section.

"I demand a entire DLC based on this!"

And if Bioware are feeling particularly nice, all the profits from the DLC can go to charity.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
vrbtny said:
Like the dude on Youtube says in the comments section.

"I demand a entire DLC based on this!"

And if Bioware are feeling particularly nice, all the profits from the DLC can go to charity.
Charity or not, I'd buy that.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Is be Dragon Age sukka, nacho kids game! DIS IZ HARDCORE!!! We be waning dat cheese. Give a good mil fo it!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
It was alright. I think it was cute how these intimidating characters have little kid voices; reminded me of those badly dubbed anime shows. But that's all. Cute, but I'm probably dead inside or something because it didn't go beyond that. I support the cause, yes...

Setting that aside, am I the only one who was jealous of these kids? I'm pretty sure they deserve it better than me but...dang it, I'm still jealous! I love Dragon Age! I'm all about Dragon Age! I, too, want a tour at BioWare! I, too, wanna beta SWTOR! I wanna get a bunch of Bioware goodies! I wanna create a character AND voice it!

*Sigh*

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Argh Argh Argh...

Too cute...can't...breathe... ;-)

Funnily enough, if I'd found a giant cheese in a chest in DA, I'd have been quite excited as I'd have thought it was a rare/quest item or something. Not like in Skyrim, where every surface in an inhabited area is covered with cheeses... =P