China Reports First Case Human Case of H10N3 Bird Flu (possibly first ever) Or Welcome to the start of Pandemic 2 electric boogaloo 'Chicken Tendies'

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
This is one hundred percent the fault of the Chinese government for their inadequate safety procedures, and regulations. But it's the meta to eschew safety regulations, it's not just China it's the US government and large portions of the world who think being safe isn't worth the economic cost. We need to change this mindset, and I don't know why every time I talk about regulations people tend to scoff at me. I don't like the EU, and I think it's too hard to start a drug company, and put to market a drug in the EU because they are too risk-averse, but in the US, and especially in China they think full steam ahead for any drug, or chemical patent, and or product.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
As someone who has personally seen animal markets and wet markets. They need to be banned.
You want to ban markets that sell livestock and markets that sell perishable food items?

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
You want to ban markets that sell livestock and markets that sell perishable food items?
It's more the markets with animals that are stuffed in extremely small cages that would have never met in the wild. You have chickens shitting on pengolins stuffed together with peacocks all cramped together with other sick, wild animals under extreme stress. Even China now banned trade of wild animals b/c of the public health risk. Those markets are literal seedbeds of disease.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
It's more the markets with animals that are stuffed in extremely small cages that would have never met in the wild. You have chickens shitting on pengolins stuffed together with peacocks all cramped together with other sick, wild animals under extreme stress. Even China now banned trade of wild animals b/c of the public health risk. Those markets are literal seedbeds of disease.
Yeah, that's bad. But it's a specific kind of bad that isn't necessarily the case in all wet markets or all animal markets; we don't need to ban delicatessens.

Last edited: