China's economic stutter

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The Covid protests which were in many tier one cities, protest against the local governments, protests with regards to real estate build delays, protests due to bad banks. Word of mouth. Protests in flooded area due to diverting water from Beijing to other places. Granted allot of my info is from China uncensored, but government sources aren’t trustworthy ever since the south China morning post lost allot of credibility. High youth unemployment which is a possible catalyst. I will admit my post wasn’t academically rigorous but there are lots of small factors that add up to a big picture of things not going well and Xi being mentioned in the protests which is a first in years.

There have been stories I've read that major protests are common in rural areas, but go heavily unreported because China restricts media, squashes citizen reportage with internet controls, and no non-Chinese journalists wil be in the area to ever see it.

Also bearing in mind of course China has been chucking large proportions of the population of some regions into concentration camps and news of that is foggy.