Chinese Mobile Game Legend of Titan is a Blatant Overwatch Clone

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
4,723
0
0
Rednog said:
Damn I didn't think Blizzard could be bested by a Chinese Mobile dev, especially so soon, but here we have it.
It has no lootbox microtransactions. 10/10. Better than Overwatch.
I'm going to buy some lootboxes just to spite you.

In no way can I afford to, but I will.
 

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
4,723
0
0
Rednog said:
Damn I didn't think Blizzard could be bested by a Chinese Mobile dev, especially so soon, but here we have it.
It has no lootbox microtransactions. 10/10. Better than Overwatch.
I do not make good choices at 5am.


Edit:

[05:25:49] Loop Stricken: A legendary skin!
[05:25:55] Loop Stricken: ... a fucking duplicate!
[05:29:05] Loop Stricken: A legendaroh it's currency.
[05:30:03] Loop Stricken: A legendaOH GOD NO IT'S YOUNG HANZO TAKE IT AWAY
[05:31:15] Loop Stricken: A legendaroh for fuck's sake it's another one for D.Va
[05:36:32] Loop Stricken: A legendARGH THE SAME GODDAMN YOUNG HANZO WHY
[05:38:30] Loop Stricken: Well, that was an experience.
 

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
5,147
0
0
Not a surprised at all.
If a Chinese Pharmamedical Company can take Ironman and make him their mascot, then everything is possible...


Also I already know there is a Dark Souls and Devil May Cry Clones.
Lets just enjoy them yo.
 

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
5,147
0
0
Paragon Fury said:
As funny as it is, its also pretty sad. If you ask nearly military, economic or honest anthropologist; this is what Chinese society has been reduced to. China has basically been rendered incapable of inventing or creating anything. Almost every facet of their society from infrastructure, consumer goods, military equipment and tactics etc. is a blatant and cheap rip-off of Western and Russian ideas, concepts and goods.

Its why everything is so shitty in China; their engineers, designers, technicians etc. don't actually understand or know the process and methods or how to actually make things or what they're doing. They're copying and interpreting from things they see/stole from other countries. The ones that do get lost in the bureaucratic processes or actually get into trouble with the ruling party because the kind of knowledge that it takes to understand this kinds of things also tends to bring with it the question and doubt about the current system that gets people "disappeared".
Personally at least they are trying sometimes to change what they rip-off.
I LOVE the Iroman commercial. He is so Sentai Hero even if it last only seconds.
 

Cowabungaa

New member
Feb 10, 2008
10,806
0
0
With Totally Original(tm) characters like:

Streetpig!

Tracy!

Trashmouse!

Soldier 67!

Mai!

Bulwark!

And many more! Get this Totally Original(tm) game today!
Paragon Fury said:
Interesting. I'm curious to look stuff up about that now, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a grain of truth in there. That stuff combined with China's humongous ageing problem means China's predicted dominance of the world is pretty much a myth.
 

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
1,167
0
0
Loop Stricken said:
Edit:

[05:25:49] Loop Stricken: A legendary skin!
[05:25:55] Loop Stricken: ... a fucking duplicate!
[05:29:05] Loop Stricken: A legendaroh it's currency.
[05:30:03] Loop Stricken: A legendaOH GOD NO IT'S YOUNG HANZO TAKE IT AWAY
[05:31:15] Loop Stricken: A legendaroh for fuck's sake it's another one for D.Va
[05:36:32] Loop Stricken: A legendARGH THE SAME GODDAMN YOUNG HANZO WHY
[05:38:30] Loop Stricken: Well, that was an experience.
Hey now, Young Hanzo looks alright.

I mean, it's fucking Hanzo. But still.

I think RoadHog needs a 'sexy' skin. I'm a one-hero wonder.
 

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
897
0
0
kenu12345 said:
So is Overwatch Ripoff going to be a term that I hear alot lately for colorful shooters from now on just like everyone was calling Terraria a minecraft ripoff despite all details. I better buckle up for all of this but yeah this game seems like a blatant copy
I mean it's appropriate in this case because it is a genuine rip off of Overwatch.
 

DementedSheep

New member
Jan 8, 2010
2,654
0
0
Can't say I'm surprise there is a rip off Chinese mobile game of overwatch but admit I didn't expect them to be so blatant as to not even recolor widowmaker and bastion.
 

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
4,789
1
0
kenu12345 said:
So is Overwatch Ripoff going to be a term that I hear alot lately for colorful shooters from now on just like everyone was calling Terraria a minecraft ripoff despite all details. I better buckle up for all of this but yeah this game seems like a blatant copy
It's not uncommon for games in a new (sub)genre to be labelled 'Game X Ripoff' or 'Game X Clone' after the game that popularized it, at least until a proper term for said (sub)genre is formulated and gains enough traction in every day usage to replace the 'ripoff' and 'clone' labels. After all, there was a time, before the name first person shooter became in vogue, that all games in that genre got slapped with the label Doom Clone.
 

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
9,909
0
0
Paragon Fury said:
As funny as it is, its also pretty sad. If you ask nearly military, economic or honest anthropologist; this is what Chinese society has been reduced to. China has basically been rendered incapable of inventing or creating anything. Almost every facet of their society from infrastructure, consumer goods, military equipment and tactics etc. is a blatant and cheap rip-off of Western and Russian ideas, concepts and goods.

Its why everything is so shitty in China; their engineers, designers, technicians etc. don't actually understand or know the process and methods or how to actually make things or what they're doing. They're copying and interpreting from things they see/stole from other countries. The ones that do get lost in the bureaucratic processes or actually get into trouble with the ruling party because the kind of knowledge that it takes to understand this kinds of things also tends to bring with it the question and doubt about the current system that gets people "disappeared".
Ironically I was just reading an article not long ago about how China developed the world's fastest Supercomputer and did it without using any outside technology (chips, etc...) which means that now two of the three fastest supercomputers on the planet are Chinese (the second fastest is also theirs but used American technology, the US has the third fastest computer).
 

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
573
0
0
Chimpzy said:
kenu12345 said:
So is Overwatch Ripoff going to be a term that I hear alot lately for colorful shooters from now on just like everyone was calling Terraria a minecraft ripoff despite all details. I better buckle up for all of this but yeah this game seems like a blatant copy
It's not uncommon for games in a new (sub)genre to be labelled 'Game X Ripoff' or 'Game X Clone' after the game that popularized it, at least until a proper term for said (sub)genre is formulated and gains enough traction in every day usage to replace the 'ripoff' and 'clone' labels. After all, there was a time, before the name first person shooter became in vogue, that all games in that genre got slapped with the label Doom Clone.
Thing is things like this already have a label now and its usually not to say its a genre these days
 

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 22, 2020
3,552
7
43
Country
USA
Tortilla the Hun said:
Deathfish15 said:
Tech demo or no, they can still be sued by Blizzard Entertainment for what is clearly asset theft for use in a business advertisement or product.
RaikuFA said:
I believe in China you can pretty much copyright infringe without any consequences.
As soon as I opened this thread I was thinking about that Top Gear episode. I remember they also bring up how China made a ripoff of the BMW x5 and when BMW sued the auto maker the Chinese government pretty much said "nah, they look nothing alike" and that was that. Hope their new show keeps bringing the laughs.
 

Mechamorph

New member
Dec 7, 2008
228
0
0
Well, as they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. For all the shameless theft of the Chinese developer, I have to say I am impressed that they could run Overwatch (even in a stripped down form) on mobile hardware in such a short time. They may be thieves but at least they have some ingenuity. Now if only they also had some creativity...