Choose a new voice actor for Destiny's Ghost

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
In case you didn't know, Peter Dinklage is no longer the voice of Ghost from Destiny. His lines from the base game will be re-recorded with Nolan North (a guy who probably voices a character in at least three games you own) and from now on all Ghost dialogue in future DLCs will have Nolan's voice.

Not harping on Nolan in anyway, I think he's a great VA, that's why he's appeared in so many games (either that or he's cheap to bring on) and hell, it's not his fault he keeps getting type cast as a generic male character.

Everyone knows Ghost's dialogue was crappy, and everyone who's smart knows it wasn't his fault but instead the script itself. So let's say Bungie changed the script to something that's much better so any VA can work with it. Let's give Bungie an infinite budget for this scenario as well, so that they can hire anyone and have them continue do the voice of Ghost for the entirety of Destiny's life.

Now to the question. Instead of Nolan North, who would you have voice Destiny's Ghost? The actor doesn't have to be male and doesn't have to be a celebrity or even an actor of any sort. It can genuinely be a good answer or it could be a funny one.

For my choice? Fuck it, I'll go with Stamper (of BattleBlock Theatre fame).

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
albino boo said:
Karen Walker from Will and Grace. No contest the best voice over ever.
I was never sure if that was her real voice. It was like she was making an annoying impression of herself.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Bobcat Goldthwait.

Just imagine that little robot bobbing around, screeching and howling like Bobcat from the Police Academy movies.

Let's see, who else. K-k-k-k-Ken! From Fish Called Wanda. A nervous wreck with a speech impediment, trying to guide you through a mission.

Pee Wee Herman. Need I say more.

Aug 19, 2010
Simon Templeman. The only correct answer.
Sure, I guess Nolan North is good, and no one blamed Dinklage for his performance since the script is such a pile of dung, but this guy can make even that script enjoyable.
Seriously, if he'd just say the same one word throughout the game, he'd still blow any other VA out of the water regardless of how well written their lines are.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Doom972 said:
albino boo said:
Karen Walker from Will and Grace. No contest the best voice over ever.
I was never sure if that was her real voice. It was like she was making an annoying impression of herself.
I have seen her in other things and it's a voice put on to be annoying. However in real life she is just as barking mad as Karen Walker

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I say Peter Dinklage again, but let him choose how he wants to say the lines instead of forcing him to give a robotic, wooden performance.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
My friends and I joke about this constantly. Whenever we listen to Dinklage's dialogue, we always bring up who we'd rather listen to than Dinklage, and also what we'd rather our Ghost actually look like.

Common picks between all of us are: Samuel L. Jackson, Vin Diesel, Tim and Eric, Gilbert Gottfried, Flavor Flav, DMX.

Personally, I'd want my Ghost to be voiced by Raul Brindis speaking entirely in spanish, and instead be a tiny glowing Mexican flag that talks to me.

As much as this is a joke, there's an element of seriousness in it too. Cause this would actually make the game more engaging and entertaining to listen to than the shit we were given.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Morgan Freeman. I'd probably actually play Destiny if he voiced Ghost. Just think of how wonderful it would be...

inu-kun said:
How come no one said BRIAN BLESSED?
...also acceptable.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I actually didn't think about it 'til someone else mention it but H. Jon Benjamin is deadpan enough in Bob's Burgers that he could probably say everything with the emotional intensity that they want and still make it hilarious.

Other ideas include Kevin Conroy, Stephen Merchant and Dameon Clarke. Because I'd love Dameon Clarke in anything he's in regardless of how well it's written.