Choose Reviews for 2012 that YOU want to see first

TWiSTEDmerc

Nov 4, 2011
Alright folks yesterday was the last of Daily review. After a whopping 7 weeks of 43 reviews, my backlog of opinions for games ran out. What had been an undertaking that I would not like to do again (at least for as long) has finally freed me from a slowly accumulating case of writers block. But of course I’m not done writing reviews; I’ll probably never be done. Why, because it’s a habit of mine; anyways, the following are reviews have been selected that I’ll be writing in full, formal, crafty form.

I had to stop writing at one point or another; I’m tired and want to talk about something other than reviews for now

I love you viewers, especially those of you who comment on my reviews, and loyally returning readers. I suppose I should introduce myself, I own PlayStation consoles but I still play a decent number of multiplatform releases; I’m a little hard but very fairly evaluating. Below are 8 games, each with a personal reminiscing for you to decide upon and vote for which you want most amongst 2 groups:

Modern:
Any game released as much as 5 years ago is considered to be modern game, in my own opinion. So I’m considering any game released at the end of 2006 to 2011’s end. Your modern choices are:

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

– Since I just finished Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, I decided it would be time to start reviewing the games. I’ve gotta admit, I have a pretty different opinion of this one compared to the 2nd and 3rd.

God of War III

– Everyone was looking forward to this game as its release loomed. I’d like to close the review book on the last of the main games before whatever this franchise decides to do next, gets announced.

Dead Rising 2

– I can clearly remember the first times I saw Dead Rising in the media. I was pretty close to buying an XBOX 360 at the time just to start chopping zombies into spaghetti; so what does my fresh mind have to say about the sequel?

Dead Island

– I know that the game borrowed a lot from Dead Rising 2 as I played it the year before; I also know it borrowed a lot from other games. These 2 games look to have shared some tension between each other, given that one came out last year and now this guy is in charge of zombie slaughter for this year. Dead Rising 2 even had a pseudo expansion / collection released; so between the 2, I’d like to see which I think is better.

Historic:
If the modern competitor’s line is drawn at the end of 2006, anything before the end of 2006 is game. Your historic choices are:

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

– I talked plenty about the Ratchet & Clank, but I didn’t just play R&C with my PS2. I have actually played all 6 games in the Jak & Daxter franchise and I’ve said pretty much nothin’ about them. Heck, I love Jak games almost, incredibly close to as much as Ratchet; so I think it’s time to start discussing these games.

Ape Escape

– This is one of my first PS1 games; I was too young to realize what kind of game I had. I thought it had a really original paltformer and loved the look. Then I found out it was Japanese which made me realize why it looked so distinguished compared to my Twisted Metals, Spyros, and Syphon Filters. Lastly, this game made me think that paddling was a lot harder to do than in actuality.

007: Tomorrow Never Dies

– Every so often, I’d find myself at my neighbors’ house, playing some Goldeneye on the N64, and having a fuckin’ blast! My 9 year old mind didn’t consider lucrative marketing tactics at the time; I knew that N64 got a brilliant 007 game and now it was PS1’s turn.

Army Men: World War

– The gaming world has seemingly better forgotten about the Army Men franchise and 3DO’s bewildering attempt to find great sales with rushed product. I can remember that the AI was compared to a slab of cardboard and fartastic graphics. With all that said, I doubt that it was all bad; there certainly was imaginative attempts and I’d like to take a second look at my only Army Men game.

How it goes:
Place 1 vote for Modern and 1 for a Historic game you want most to see in the field below
At the end of 2012’s January, I’ll tally all the votes and both game groups will get reviews, starting with the most popular choice from each

Yes, I do care about this and you too can voice your choice

Also, hit me up with a suggestion, I may be willing to expand this or do a G1 collab review or something

…While managing Daily Review, I had only planned to write 2 new reviews: ‘The Simpsons Hit & Run’ and ‘Ape Escape’. However, Ape Escape was foregone do to a personal interruption: my birthday was nearing and I wanted to finally see Toy Story 3 (you have my permission to cry while watching this). I was thinking about Toy Story so much that I grabbed my 10+ year old copy of Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! I beat the whole thing mere days before the review was issued… even though I had already finished Ape escape; those 3 days made for the quickest turnaround cycle from completion to review yet.

I also decided to scrap 3 of my original reviews and completely rewrite each of them being: ‘God of War 1 & 2’ and ‘Twisted Metal: Black’. Last of all is one other review that I did for a fellow G1, but I’m not to talk about that too much so look for ‘that other review’ in early to mid January. So over of 6 weeks, instead of writing just 2 reviews, I wrote 6; and now, I’m so tired of writing, gotta play some more video games, more work, more snow, and not writing for at least a week, BYE!

...Now you know!

Bill Nye the Science Guy

TWiSTEDmerc says, “Keep in mind that this is being posted to more than one place, so don’t think that you’re the only one’s voting on this.”

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Uncharted and Jak & Daxter.

We don't need reasons, do we?