Chris Evans is the new host of Top Gear

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
My internet search history has just gotten interesting. OH MY!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! to Chris Evans for becoming the new host of Top Gear.

Our very own Captain America will now be driving the fastest car for the highly entertaining BBC sho... *gets a whisper in my ear*.

Oh boy. False alarm. Wrong Chris Evans :(. At least my one would bring some sexiness to the show. What am I am I meant to do with all the hot pics of him now?!?!

FUCK IT. You guys discuss the other Chris Evans aka "The BBC uses him for everything and can't even bothered to look for new talent". He's a Ferrari fanboy. Yay or Nay and what do you all think?

BRING BACK TIFF!!!

I could have done some shirtless pics of Chris Evans (US) but that would seriously be some NSFW content. The man is handsomely sexy.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I look forwards to Top Gear's final series before being axed, possibly to be brought back years later for nostalgia and then axed again.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
*Saves picture for personal use later*

Hold on, they actually fired Clarkson? But...but what about the 2 and 1/2 amigos? Will there no more Hour long specials driving across long roads from country to country. This new guy could be good, but without Clarkson I don't think I'll watch it anymore. It would be like Only Fools and Horses not having David Jason in it.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
Dalek Caan said:

Hold on, they actually fired Clarkson? But...but what about the 2 and 1/2 amigos? Will there no more Hour long specials driving across long roads from country to country. This new guy could be good, but without Clarkson I don't think I'll watch it anymore. It would be like Only Fools and Horses not having David Jason in it.
First 2 and a 1/2 amigos. Hahahahaha
Second they didn't well technically fire him. They just didn't renew his contract. Which depending on your definition on the word fired could count.

I'll give the show a chance and see if can strike a balance of petrolhead action, funny stuff happening and a chemistry between the hosts. That last one is really important.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
thaluikhain said:
I look forwards to Top Gear's final series before being axed, possibly to be brought back years later for nostalgia and then axed again.

The show only had like, what, 2 or 3 years off the air since 1977? I think it will survive the transition.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Baffle said:
I quite like Chris Evans as a presenter. He was doing it doing it doing it with Rose Tyler for a while, because we want to, because we want to. I was working earlies in a drug warehouse (that is, a pharmaceutical manufacturer) in that bit where Chris Evans disappeared on a week-long bender and didn't show up for work (we had the radio on a lot). He was fired IIRC.

Can't stand Clarkson. Not really interested in cars in any case, so will probably give it a miss.
Its kind of odd how Clarkson and Evans have both been immensely popular, developed huge egos and then spectacularly fucked up. Rose Tyler was like honey to the B. I also think it's very odd that Evans and Laurence Fox are mates, I bet they both sit there are think I fucked your wife/ex wife.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Actually it seems like a sensible choice to me. Sure Top Gear is doomed without Clarkson whatever happens, but if you have to replace him, Chris Evans is a known car-nut who can do knock-about light entertainment and can also manage the whole Richard Hammond 'bit of a tit' angel at the same time.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Well this means nothing to me as an American with no access to the BBC exclusive version of TopGear. Although it might have been better than what we got here in the states with History channel and Rutledge Wood, Adam Ferrara, and Tanner Foust.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Dalek Caan said:

Well on that subject the 'final' episode of the Clarksons Top Gear will be broadcast on June 29th. And it will feature a road trip challenge.

Good a swan song as any.

As for Evans replacing Clarkson, i honestly dont know of anyone else at the BBC better suited for it. He is as much a car bore as Clarkson is and he has a collection of classic Ferrari's, and hes already made his name as an entertainer on Radio One.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I thought Hammond and May let their contracts run out and they've jumped ship since they wouldn't do it without Clarkson.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
I thought Hammond and May let their contracts run out and they've jumped ship since they wouldn't do it without Clarkson.
They did let thier contracts run out, but they havent actually gone anywhere. Hammond spent several weeks on Twitter going on about how bored he is, and May has started a YouTube channel to fill the time.

However they did confirm they wouldnt be coming back to Top Gear.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Speaking of carr nuts, how about Jodie Kidd. What is she up to these days?

Oh wait, shes been talked about. I know shes a massive petrol head and really knows her stuff.

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/top-gears-chris-evans-confirms-he-will-have-a-female-co-host-and-jodie-kidd-is-the-bookies-favourite-11363987247640

Or if the BBC is willing to spend money, Jay Leno. Boy, the comments on "Point of View" will be filled with middle class annoyance.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Parasondox said:

FUCK IT. You guys discuss the other Chris Evans aka "The BBC uses him for everything and can't even bothered to look for new talent". He's a Ferrari fanboy. Yay or Nay and what do you all think?

BRING BACK TIFF!!!
To be fair, the BBC needs a familiar face in order to pull this off.(and still will have to struggle)
The old team all had their preferences and bias about car brands as well. Fanboy or not at least he knows about cars.

It is good to see they cast someone who knows a thing or two about cars, and not a couple of the on staff comedians they use to fill seats on comedy quiz shows.(could still happen for the other 2 positions mind you)

ps.
wasn't Tiff from 5e gear?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Jeroenr said:
Parasondox said:

BRING BACK TIFF!!!
To be fair, the BBC needs a familiar face in order to pull this off.(and still will have to struggle)
The old team all had their preferences and bias about car brands as well. Fanboy or not at least he knows about cars.

It is good to see they cast someone who knows a thing or two about cars, and not a couple of the on staff comedians they use to fill seats on comedy quiz shows.(could still happen for the other 2 positions mind you)

ps.
wasn't Tiff from 5e gear?
Before Top Gear was rebooted (yep, this is not the first time Top Gear had a change of presenters and style) Tiff Needell was part of Top Gear and Noel Edmonds was one of the first host. Those shows are hidden away in BBC archives. Clarkson was there too but he was on and off again.

Plus, Fifth Gear was only created because the BBC cancelled Top Gear that time and the producers then and host wanted to carry on the show so Channel 5 showed the green light.

If some information is incorrect, correct me please.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I cant imagine it getting far. As far as I, and many others, are concerned, Top Gear is Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. Without all 3 together, I strongly doubt it's longevity. Unless they 100% knock it out of the park, I imagine that it will have a pretty strong amount of viewers for the first couple of episodes, only to drop off suddenly and rapidly soon afterwards.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
It'll probably end up like X-Factor or Big Brother: not as popular as it once was, but just enough viewers to justify it still running.