Chronicles of Cataclysm: In Which Dungeons Remain Unfinished

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Chronicles of Cataclysm: In Which Dungeons Remain Unfinished

John Funk doesn?t complete any of the new Cataclysm dungeons, and he blames it on the tower of Babel.

Read Full Article

oranger

May 27, 2008
any changes to gnomeregan or the felwood? those two are my fav areas. All that steampunk and demonic taint...

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
I honestly find it very strange: I don't know abot Koreans and Cata beta, but being on euro servers I always find people from other countries in PUGs, and I've never met anyone that doesn't understand the basic English and game terms necessary to manage dungeons. Maybe it's just that you get used to simplifying communications when you're paired with a bunch of people with whom you share a very small vocabulary.
Also: raid marks save your life.

oranger

May 27, 2008
I also really liked the deserts...I hear they're gone now which is sad.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
oranger said:
Tanaris is still around.
Barrens is grasslands but close, just parts of it have growth.
Desolace is only nice and green in the middle at Kodo Graveyard.
You are going to LOVE Uldum.

oranger

May 27, 2008
maxben said:
oranger said:
Tanaris is still around.
Barrens is grasslands but close, just parts of it have growth.
Desolace is only nice and green in the middle at Kodo Graveyard.
You are going to LOVE Uldum.
Uldum? whats that? and tanaris is still there? YAY! that was one of my favorite parts of warcraft, that huge desert to wander in and play tourist.
Going invisible with my inviz device and surprising people...
And desolace was nice too.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Gnomes are so lame dude. Haha! Lok'tar Ogar!

But i hated the black rock spires and that entire area. What a pain in the butt it was every single time. But have these been updated to a level 80+ dungeons?

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Sounds neat, I was thinking of getting cata when it came out. But thinking about it, I'm not so sure. My favorite parts of the game (the burning crusade additions) received no attention at all from what I have heard. I may sit this one out.

TrogzTheTroll

Aug 11, 2009
So much ground to cover in Cata, just hope that I get a key so I can explore some before I decide to level up my new Goblin Mage and/or Priest.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
language barrier when playing with europeans?

There is only one european server(which actually still is in the us), so everyone speaks english there anyway. The only language problem you shouldencounter are coreans.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
Moriarty said:
language barrier when playing with europeans?

There is only one european server(which actually still is in the us), so everyone speaks english there anyway. The only language problem you shouldencounter are coreans.
Yes, its the 11 Year-old(American) undead rogue tanks who speak only in a series of curse words and bad sex jokes.

And on the "no room for DPS" comment, maybe if some of them would just quit(they don't do the job right anyways) the good DPS players could get a job.

hidden walls

Jul 10, 2009
I just did The first two instances on my restoration shaman earlier.

Due to the beta being bugged shamans cant use all their shiny new healing mechanics yet but once I got the grip on using lesser healing wave for everything it was pretty easy even with the party chat being bugged.

(by the way I learned later if you use / say or /yell it will cross servers)

My opinions are both instances are rather challenging however throne of tides is a bit of a cake walk if you can use crowd control.

first boss = Keep out of blue circles and kill adds with the general first.

second boss = Keep out of void zones and run away when he thrashes.

Third boss = keep out of the green gas clouds and make sure in phase 1 the boss is turned away from your group.

Fourth boss = Bugged.

--- Edit ---

For Oranger - Uldum is a Egyptian themed zone with a harsh desert environment based around the titan research centres

I highly recommend doing these instances if you can they are rather a challenge bringing back memories of BC heroic, I cant wait to try out heroic versions of them and really hope blizzard don't wave their nerf stick on the instances.

Cornugon

Sep 15, 2009
I've never had any trouble communicating with anyone from Europe on WoW, and I'm from Norway - so it's not like my English is perfect either. Seems odd that none of your party members would utter a word, although that's become fairly common with the Dungeon Finder-tool-thingie.

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
the adds on final boss are easily dealt with if u have a dps in raid who knows how to kite since they can only get that healing debuff if your to close to them. was easy enough for me as a hunter though the boss does switch places with one of his adds so tank has to taunt and make sure he gets it back fast and you continue to kite and it becomes easy kill.

I'm surprised you managed kill second boss without even being able to talk to each other.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Sounds really cool...

Now the hard part...deciding which character to play to 85 first...it's a toss up between my feral druid and the hunter I'm currently leveling (I've actually be surprised at how much I'm enjoying my hunter - a character I only started to go back through the old world content and hopefully get the loremaster achievement on)

ps - got any of those beta invites still kickin' around? my brother just got invited the other day 8 /

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
oranger said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RldaQq4WaQ

Say hello to your new favourite zone.

Danallighieri

Jun 3, 2010
I am loving this, hard dungeons again! wooh! and evidently no AoEing down everything too in the case of that last boss...