Chronicles of Cataclysm: In Which Dungeons Remain Unfinished

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Danallighieri said:
I am loving this, hard dungeons again! wooh! and evidently no AoEing down everything too in the case of that last boss...
yeah, hard dungeons for five weeks tops.

The first wotlk dungeons ARE hard, when you go in with level equip (at least for tank+healer) and naxx WAS hard when it was highend. This stuff will get nerfed to hell with the first cata patch and we're right back at farming boring heroics.

hidden walls

Jul 10, 2009
To everyone going on about the language barrier -

At the moment on the beta Party chat will not communicate to people on other servers meaning /say or /yell is your only option, many people are unaware of this so many groups end up in silence.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
hidden walls said:

At the moment on the beta Party chat will not communicate to people on other servers meaning /say or /yell is your only option, many people are unaware of this so many groups end up in silence.
Oh.

Huh. I did not know that.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
They add twilight favour?! I do remember seeing some twilight freaks both in Blacrock depths and backrock spire, but I just didnt know what the hell they were doing there.

hidden walls

Jul 10, 2009
John Funk said:
hidden walls said:

Oh.

Huh. I did not know that.
Glad I could help :)

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
oranger said:
I also really liked the deserts...I hear they're gone now which is sad.
maxben said:
oranger said:
Tanaris is still around.
Barrens is grasslands but close, just parts of it have growth.
Desolace is only nice and green in the middle at Kodo Graveyard.
You are going to LOVE Uldum.
oranger said:
Uldum? whats that? and tanaris is still there? YAY! that was one of my favorite parts of warcraft, that huge desert to wander in and play tourist.
Going invisible with my inviz device and surprising people...
And desolace was nice too.
Uldum is a new area south of Tanaris with the coolest Egyptian motif ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RldaQq4WaQ
Seriously looks to be a great zone!
As for Tanaris, only some of it got flooded but the rest is still desert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_RSS-aAhy8
And here is Desolace, some nice changes in the middle of the map but generally the same empty wasteland we know and love :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KA-CCe6g0

I think I screwed up with the quoting for some reason....

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Playing co-op online with a language barrier is definitely an interesting challenge. I play L4D2 in Korea and speaking a mix of English and minimal Korean, I've found some teams that I can get by with. Most of the younger generation of Koreans know some English anyhow, and the game terms didn't really get translated, just Koreanized: Chaja! Booma! Wichee!

I managed to translate "kill the healers please" to "chi-ryo-ja-ruhl juk-il ju-sae-yo." I tried to type it in Hangeul but the preview showed the font all screwed up. My Korean is novice at best, so the grammar is probably off. But it's an online chat, proper grammar is a rarity anyhow.

(Yes, I realize it was a joke -I did it for practice. And because I also play TF2, and sometimes people forget to take out the medics first...)

Borania

Aug 24, 2009
Hmm, I quit WoW ages ago (2 months before TBC, so only clasic) but all of this sounds fun. Those boss fights sound really interesting and even a bit challenging. So who knows, I still know some people playing WoW so I might pick it up again when the cataclysm has happened

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
John Funk:
...has a "Twilight" theme to it (the cult, not the vampire books)...
Could you be a bit more specific there?
OT: All these previews are just making more impatient for the release. I'll be so glad to have a real reason to play my druid again, just to go through the new areas and dungeons. I'll have a paladin to work with too, but I might wait on him until I try out the new races.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Ugh, WoW, the game that just won't die.

But I guess it's cool they made a unique dungeon run for once other thank tank and spank, though I'll never play it. Incoming level 100 in a few expansion packs later near you!

mrcheatbuddy

Jul 31, 2010
when i think about wow with cataclysm coming out makes me think that wow wont be over with for 25 more years at the the most because blizzerd has the most money so nobodey will forget about until they get board and move in but that will not happen in years