Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Origins May Be On Their Way to PSN

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Origins May Be On Their Way to PSN

Two of Square Enix's classic titles may finally get re-releases in North America.

Over the years, Square Enix has taken quite some time to re-release many of their earlier titles on the PlayStation Network. It looks like it may be trying to make up for keeping its North American fans waiting, as Chrono Cross along with Final Fantasy Origins might be hitting the PSN Store in the coming weeks.

According to the ESRB's website, both games have published listings and show they are headed for the PS3 and PSP, both of which have access to the PSone Classics catalog. The games themselves have been available on the Japanese PlayStation Network for quite some time, with Chrono Cross hitting that market in late 2010 and Final Fantasy Origins, consisting of the first two entries of the Final Fantasy franchise, seeing a re-release in 2009.

Sony has yet to make any official announcement, but published listings on the ESRB are usually a good sign that something is in the works. It still might be a while before gamers can save the world with Terra and Locke from Final Fantasy VI, but at the very least we can take solace that Square Enix haven't completely forgotten their fans overseas.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/chrono-cross-final-fantasy-origins-rated-for-psn]

Dec 14, 2009
I don't want anymore JRPGs!

I want Ape Escape!

Why won't you give me Ape Escape!

[HEADING=2]WHYYYYYYYY?![/HEADING]

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I don't want anymore JRPGs!

I want Ape Escape!

Why won't you give me Ape Escape!

[HEADING=2]WHYYYYYYYY?![/HEADING]
Just bribed Square to make an Ape Escape JRPG. You can thank me later.

OT: I need a PS3.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
-.-
so ... instead of getting us a new game that doesn't suck
square is offering 1 that dose, and 2 that have be rehashed some wheres in the area of 'way to bloody many' times

wonderful ....

Xjin

Jul 7, 2009
Madmanonfire said:
Always wanted to try Chrono Cross. Yet another game to look forward to.
You will love it. Chrono Cross plays well, the art work/setting is amazing and the sound track is the work of the Gods.

OT: I'll pick op Chrono Cross as my old first-week-out-in-the-US CDs are played near death and need to be replaced. I look forward to the joy of playing that awesome game.