Chrysler Unveils the Black Ops Jeep

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
BJ777 said:
Meh. Canada made an SUV that can resist bulletfire for 24 hours and its about twice the size of a hummer. THATS IMPRESSIVE.
BTW, its called the Knight XV.
That looks like something I'd want when the world goes to hell. Slap on a polar bear paintjob and I'm sold.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
American car + SUV= Eat your fuel.

So the question as to why anyone buys a jeep in the first place is confusing, and then why would CoD's core audience ever buy a $30k car? Most of them can't even drive!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Call of Duty: Black Ops: Jeep Edition.

For the hardest of all hardcore CoD fans...

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Why would anybody buy that? Disregarding the fact that it looks identical to a regular black Jeep, the Land Rover Defender is far cooler and most likely far more practical than that.

They're practically indestructable!

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I am Omega said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...haha...ooh, boy that was a good one...
Wait a minute: THEY'RE SERIOUS?!
^That. But seriously, only the guys making COD would be so pretentious to think that their game needs a car to go along with it.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Azaraxzealot said:
so... does anyone still think Medal of Honor has any chance against CoD still? anyone? anyone?

just checking.
There's no way Medal of Honor can compete with COD, and I think the developers knew that. But it really is quite a good game.

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
BJ777 said:
Meh. Canada made an SUV that can resist bullet-fire for 24 hours and its about twice the size of a hummer. THAT'S IMPRESSIVE.
BTW, its called the Knight XV.
-snip-
finally a car i can unload bullets at for 24 hours straight. is this just sold to the military? I cant imagine why someone would need a car that can withstand bullets for exactly 24 hours.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
My word... that car is..

It's hideous. It's quite possibly the ugliest car I have ever had the dubious privilege of seeing.

Except maybe for the cars Jeep's other half (Chrysler) make.

PlowmanMk

Oct 7, 2010
Driving around in a black Jeep Wrangler? Alright sounds good...
Driving around in a black Jeep Wrangler with COD stickers? No, I'm sorry.

It's nothing against COD, its just that I dislike the idea of having gaming stickers on my daily vehicle. Seems a little ostentatious.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
A Call of Duty, Real-life Jeep? Hmm, I sense a cavFiat or two (but really, more). A deal with Activision is one thing, but with an automotive company? well as if their dickery wasn't bad enough with $60 video games, let's step that up to over $30 thousand. That seems like a profligate investment for a Jeep that lets the world know that you may be that bigoted asshat griefing everyone online.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Whatever floats your boat. I've thought about getting a custom Lucky Star paint job on an accord. But of course, I don't want to get pulled over for something stupid like that.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Here's the thing: The base model two-door Rubicon lists at $28,800, a little less than two grand less than the Black Ops version. It's not going to take much in the way of options to bring the base model up to that price. The tires alone would probably do it.

So, are CoD fans expected to rush out en masse and buy this thing? Of course not. But it's far from an unreasonable idea. If you're shopping for a Wrangler and happen to be a gamer, this thing could actually be quite attractive as a pre-configured model.

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Well, Ford makes a shit-ton of money on the Harley Davidson F150. That's no stupider of a cross-branded product than this.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
wow a crystler with cod stuff painted on the roof. how utterly unapealing.
I think a stay whit european and japanese cars

hypern

Jun 11, 2008
Well if you really want to get it then fine go for it but I don't think I will be driving something like that unless I am going for a CSI feel.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
couldn't I just buy a regular jeep and paint it jet black or whatever shade/sheen? xD