Chrysler Unveils the Black Ops Jeep

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Chrysler Unveils the Black Ops Jeep

Activision [http://www.chrysler.com/] have unveiled images of the upcoming 2011 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty: Black Ops Edition, a gleaming, gunless black beauty with a hot paint job and a hefty price tag.

The word first came out in Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103542-Limited-Edition-Call-of-Duty-Jeep-Coming-From-Chrysler], which will also be a Wrangler, albeit one that's a bit less shiny. And as Chrysler revealed today, the commemorative off-road classic will be very shiny indeed.

The 2011 Black Ops Edition of the Jeep Wrangler will be based on the Rubicon model, painted a high-gloss black with Call of Duty: Black Ops graphics on the roof and front quarter panels, taillight guards and a Mopar fuel-filler door. "Aggressive" 32-inch off-road tires on high-gloss Mineral Gray Rubicon wheels, live axles with locking front and rear differentials and a two-speed transfer case will also be standard. Gun mounts, however, will not.

"This is a dynamic and fully integrated partnership that brings together two iconic brands across a full array of consumer touch-points," according to Activision Chief Marketing Officer Brad Jakeman, and while I'm not entirely clear on what that means I do have to wonder if there's really enough crossover between hardcore Jeep and Call of Duty audiences to make this worthwhile. All that Black Ops goodness comes with a hefty price tag, after all: The two-door model will carry a MSRP of $30,625, while the four-door "Unlimited" model will list at $33,500. In other words, it's probably not something you're going to pick up on a whim.

I'm not a Call of Duty fan, but I have to admit that this Jeep is one sexy machine, and while I'd never fork over 30 grand to make it happen, I sure wouldn't mind having one parked in my driveway. Those of you who would cough up that kind of green just to show your love for a famous videogame franchise won't have to wait long to do it: The 2011 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty: Black Ops edition rolls into showrooms in November. Call of Duty: Black Ops, meanwhile, comes out on November 9 for the PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
While I agree that throwing down $30k on that is way out of my price range, that is one sexy beast of a vehicle.

Dcocho

Jul 31, 2010
Oh Lets go make a COD car

Because Car sales are doing SOOO GOOD in 2010

With all the unemployment rates. Its Genius! we will make so much money

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
...what's the difference with older designed jeeps?

So it's a beefed up Rubicon with two doors? Makes it kinda hard to work with, yes?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Yakko: "It's that time again!"
Wakko: "To make fun of people who drive around in land rovers?"

Okay okay...it's a jeep, but still...close enough. :p

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009

that is the most gruesome thing i have ever seen

and i bet it was a "Bob Kotic" idea...

damn...

i doubth its worth the price tag

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Meh. Canada made an SUV that can resist bulletfire for 24 hours and its about twice the size of a hummer. THATS IMPRESSIVE.
BTW, its called the Knight XV.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
"Be sure to pick up sexy girls with a Call Of Duty Black Ops sticker on the back of this black Jeep with some shiny paint"

Hmmmm not much of a selling point

Seriously though this has gone a bit far, I mean a fuckign black ops jeep, who the hell are they aiming it at ? Kids who can't drive, nice one Activi$ion way to make a blatant point that you are just money grabbing at every possible opportunity. FUCK

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I actually don't think that Jeep is even all that awesome to begin with. It's basically just a black Jeep with some Call of Duty logos on it. Yawn.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
They should have at least one up for raffle. That would definitely get even more sales.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...haha...ooh, boy that was a good one...
Wait a minute: THEY'RE SERIOUS?!
*Resume laughter while ROFLing*

IAS: It's a nice looking machine, but hell, I wouldn't buy any car for that much. It could be because I know nothing about cars, don't have a license, and am just so blinded by the sheer stupidity of this, and maybe the car is actually awesome and affordable, but still...

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
BJ777 said:
Meh. Canada made an SUV that can resist bulletfire for 24 hours and its about twice the size of a hummer. THATS IMPRESSIVE.
BTW, its called the Knight XV.
that's actually pretty cool... and I don't normally like that kinda thing

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
so... does anyone still think Medal of Honor has any chance against CoD still? anyone? anyone?

just checking.

seriously though, no one can argue Activision has a metric shit-ton of money when they can pull marketing stunts like this