Church Protesting San Diego Comic-Con For "Idol Worship"

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Really? I know that the WPC doesnt represent christianty which i am glad for. And really? no that i have seen anyone pray to Superman or Batman or sacrifacing anything in their name... Though if somebody on that convention pulled a: For Batman Our creator and savior and kicked them in the crotch i wouldnt mind...

Jun 26, 2009
Izakflashman said:
Wow. I'm a christian and everything but that image alone offends me. Sorry world on their behalf, don't hold it against us. Don't let a few douche bags bring the rest of us down.
Most of us don't. But their are some atheists who are just as bad. So on their (douche atheists) behalf, sorry.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Buccura said:
I wonder if these people will ever protest a furry convention.
I hope they do. Some of the furries I've met would just take matters into their own hands. Then again, maybe that's just what most northerners would do.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Marik2 said:
Ugh its these type of people who give Christianity a bad name -_-
No joke.
I hate seeing crap like this. More ammo for the zealous anti-theists, and more false information for those who don't know anything about the faith in the first place. People should just ignore them completely. This type of publicity only makes their obnoxious voices louder.
This.

Good Lord. This is the Jack Chick effect all over again: a bunch of loud, theologically illiterate tossers suddenly showing up and making fools of themselves while claiming to represent all of us.

This case REALLY boils my blood because of who is behind it: I've actually confronted Fred Phelps himself before and, like many before me, called him out on his crap.

The idea that he still gets attention, the fact that he still "claims the name" of my faith, drives me absolutely bonkers.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Guess I should take apart my Shadowcat shrine, huh? If God hates it so much, I surely cannot defy His Glory.
Or something.

chieften

Sep 15, 2009
I'm attending comiccon and looking forward to this shit. I wanna stage a counter protest proclaiming that we will:
-never give them up
-never let them down
-never run around or hurt them

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
"The Westboro Baptist Church"...

Well, on to the next article... don't feed the trolls, even irl ones.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
I've watched a documentary on these people. Sad indeed. People like them are the reason (some) atheists are always bashing religion.
Where is "the Viper" when he is needed :p

No they just make o so easy. the reason is logic and common sense :p

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
[HEADING=1]"Obvious troll is obvious!"[/HEADING]

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Marik2 said:
Ugh its these type of people who give Christianity a bad name -_-
Doesnt it 'already' have a bad name? They are just adding insult to injury.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
I pray to Batman every night... Because he's the GOD-DAMNED Batman!

Also, he could totally kick my ass.

Other than that, it's the Westboro Baptist church we're talking about, some of the stupidest, or trolliest people alive.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Are they like, some kind of elaborate comedy group? Is it all one giant practical joke? Are they genuinely TRYING to ridicule the religion they follow? *sigh*

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
You know what we should do?

Let's hold a religious ceremony with a priest disguised as Batman, the organ player disguised as Superman and Wonder woman as the choral singer.