CineMarter Awards - Best of 2016

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
CineMarter Awards - Best of 2016

Like the Oscars - but with less category fraud - today's CineMarter Awards celebrate the best of cinema from 2016.

Read Full Article

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
The thing I remember most about Zootopia was the cinema management giving us all a free pass for another film because of a couple of sound tics. Other than that, nice visuals, I guess, and a couple of good jokes. So, better than Inside Out, but not something that stuck with me.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Am I the only one who thought John Goodman gave an Oscar-worthy performance in 10 Cloverfield Lane? It was the best scariest performance since Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. The whole movie hinged on him delivering a nuance performance that kept you guessing throughout the movie.

Even though I go the movies on a regular basis, I average one new movie a week. I haven't seen most of the movies that were on your list. So, with even my best effort to see limited run movies like The Lobster, Swiss Army Man, Army of One, Don't Think Twice, etc. It was still not enough. That points to a serious problem that affects movie fans. Most people are not aware of the quality movies that are available. It was a minor problem in the past. From the Oscar nominees to your list, it is starting to show a greater disconnect from movie critics & film makers and their audience.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
KissingSunlight said:
Am I the only one who thought John Goodman gave an Oscar-worthy performance in 10 Cloverfield Lane? It was the best scariest performance since Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. The whole movie hinged on him delivering a nuance performance that kept you guessing throughout the movie.
You're not the only one, no. John Goodman is a damn fine contribution to the film industry and that film is an effective reminder why. :)

OT: Just seen Captain Fantastic and Kubo today. Really both worthwhile films. That Kubo animation. Damn.