Civilization Composer Officially Endorses Amusing Theme Lyrics

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
This is absolutely epic, I totally love it to bits!... The lyrics are so smart too: "take good care of your little nation", "spread your equally valid religion"? Can't argue with that! XD

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Love it to bits! Especially with regards to Monty, laughed so hard at that bit- he really is an asshole.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Wow, that was pretty funny.
Demo is almost done downloading.

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
Sincere outlaw said:
Ok you had me at pedo bear pope and again at Jewish Nazis!.

Anyway I may get this game but I was said when I heard they took religion out.
From the looks of the demo... they did.

OT: Love it. I always wondered what those Africans where singing about whilst I set up my game in CIV IV.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Gandhi...my god do I loathe that man, YOU'LL PAY, JUST YOU WAIT.

...ahem, well I'm going to have that song stuck my head for the rest of the week.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
That was pretty funny. If only I could have that play when I'm in Civ IV vanilla.

At seriously Montezuma is a douchebag.

"Oh hey there Monty, seeing as which we're the same religion and have lived peacably next to one another for thousands of year, I'm sure that we can keep this peace going right?"

"Oh sure, just keep building up your culture and cities while going easy on the military." *He goes off and spams his Jaguar Warriors*

Goddamn prick...

Burgertime

Intellivision Collector
Mar 10, 2010
In almost every comment I've read from multiple sources, I don't think anyone else has caught the Cleveland reference. Look up the Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video and the 2nd attempt posted by bishopvids and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I haven't even played a single Civilization game yet. Mostly because I've always heard that there is a lot of micro management involved in them. Might have to go take another look at them, because Brent's video has peaked my interest.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Gandhi... god damn I hate that fucker. Every time I play he always starts to attack my empire with no provocation... ok I guess I did tell him I would see his head on a pike but that's besides the point.

under_score

Nov 14, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Did you know that the instrumental menu theme in Civilization 4 has secret lyrics? Oh yes, it does.
Except it was never instrumental... The lyrics were the lord's prayer in Swahili, and it was awesome.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
icyneesan said:
God damn Gandhi, always unites the world against me for some strange reason D:
I feel proud when I wipe out Ghandi and he says something along the lines of 'Congratulations, you have defeated the peaceful Indian people.'

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Montazuma, every single time he tries to kill me, I guess that's why they invented nukes.

Rallion

Aug 10, 2009
I feel like somebody might be offended by this if they knew that the lyrics to the original Baba Yetu were actually based on The Lord's Prayer, in Swahili.

Not me, but you know, somebody else. For me, the knowledge just makes it funnier.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Rallion said:
I feel like somebody might be offended by this if they knew that the lyrics to the original Baba Yetu were actually based on The Lord's Prayer, in Swahili.

Not me, but you know, somebody else. For me, the knowledge just makes it funnier.
If The Escapist had a "like" button, I'd have clicked it right here. Informative and funny!

"I just hope they don't drop the ball when they bring it to Facebook" - inevitably, it'll be like CivRev even MORE pared down...

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Brental Floss is great (and I think his pinnacle is the Dr Mario song) but for the most part I prefer Duane and Brando, though the rap format might not be great for some people.

I do dig this though. Good stuff, and good to see these parodies being recognized by the creators!