Civilization V: A Brave New World Heralds Dawn With New Trailer

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Civilization V: A Brave New World Heralds Dawn With New Trailer

Oh GOD! A TRai ... waitaminnit.

So close ... soooo close, but that launch date for Civilization V: A Brave New World stubbornly hovers a few short days away. To keep you going, have a gander at the latest launch trailer. Not much in the way of gameplay here this time, but it does give you a glimpse of what will be important to your civilization in the coming months. Thinking beyond your borders will shape the world; just try not to get too freaked out by those pesky newfangled cinematographic spectacles.

There's new civilizations to play with [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10286-Civilization-V-Brave-New-World-Preview-Shaka-Returns].

Patience! You'll have to wait until July.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I'm impressed with how well gene therapy works in Mass Effect. Captain David Anderson looks really spry for a 250 year old.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Civ5 gets a lot of bashing from Civ purists, those that are dyed-in-the-wool fans of Civ4 and earlier games. I've got 5, never really played it all that much and LOVED BTS - although had to stop myself playing any more of it so that I could enjoy other games.

Between this and Gods & Kings, is it looking like Civ5 has been expanded to the point it will be accepted by those who have shunned it up until now?

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Teoes said:
Civ5 gets a lot of bashing from Civ purists, those that are dyed-in-the-wool fans of Civ4 and earlier games. I've got 5, never really played it all that much and LOVED BTS - although had to stop myself playing any more of it so that I could enjoy other games.

Between this and Gods & Kings, is it looking like Civ5 has been expanded to the point it will be accepted by those who have shunned it up until now?
Doubt it, those people are probably too set in their ways by now.

OT: I can't wait. Ideologies sound damn interesting.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
You had to taunt me with this... There I was thinking I'd get me some more delicious Civilisation goodies. But no. Still another fortnight to go. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!? Oh well.
Abomination said:
I'm impressed with how well gene therapy works in Mass Effect. Captain David Anderson looks really spry for a 250 year old.
THAT'S WHO IT WAS. Ta for that, I was killing myself over it.

TeaCeremony

May 21, 2013
I have no idea what this expansion pack will entail. Does it mean that i can go full Stalin on my people and create vast empires which i can then call "blocs"?

That said i just picked up Civ5 yesterday on sale, and do i need people to play with to make the game fun or should i just play solo?

B5Alpha

Oct 4, 2012
Arakasi said:
Teoes said:

It's settled. After I adopt the freedom ideology, I'm reliving Fallout 3. First I build one of those giant robots, named it Liberty Prime, maybe nuke the world world over. Then finally declare war of any Communist nation. "This machine kills Commies."

But on a more serious note, I'm excited for this expansion. Can't wait to build a powerful trade empire and use the routes to spread my culture.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
Civ 5 is the best Civ since 2. Can't wait for this to come out. Steam tells me I have 425 hours played. That's insane...

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Arakasi said:
Teoes said:

I found the original Civ5 lacking compared to Civ4. But when G&K came out, things changed a fair bit, it added the much needed depth to the original game, and I really enjoyed playing it. With BNW, I think it'll get even better. Can't wait.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Teoes said:

i loved civ 4. i loved it so much that i palyed it for over 400 hours and crowned it the best singleplayer game i ever played. and i LOVE civilization 5. not everyone is a crazy extremist you know.