Civilization V Coming to PC This Fall

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
And there goes my life and my sleep for a few months. "just one more turn" is never enough.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Saw this at Eurogamer earlier today, and I almost spontanously combusted, materialized, jizzed and then went two minutes back in time in excitement.

I am looking forward to this!

thebackupfreak

Jan 25, 2010
Well, I can kiss goodbye to my youth - this game will have more replay value than nuclear waste has shelf life.

Arrakiv

Dec 17, 2005
Civilization Series = Awesome

Hex grids = Awesome

Civ + Hex = Overload of excessive awesome?

... I think so.

... Is it fall yet?

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
My heart started beating with the might of a thousand drums when I read this. I look forward to my grades getting lowered, and entire months of free time disappearing due to this game.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Interesting how no one cares that this is a fourth sequel to a series, not counting any addons and expansions and whatnot. Very interesting.

Not that I'm any better, I'm just as excited as everyone else. Just interesting to see how people react to repeated sequels from different series.

Tairan

Mar 21, 2009
Good gives me a reason to unistall civ 4, its not that i hate the game it just takes up some space with its expainsions.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
I'm cautiously optimistic. CivIV is my still my favorite game, so we'll see if V has enough new features to warrant a purchase. I'm not feeling any loss for not buying The Sims III yet.

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009

Civ IV was amazing, hope V is even more so. I am a CivAddict! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRNsv69_tmg].

civver

May 15, 2009
Hopefully it isn't too CPU-intensive. Want to hear more about the changes too.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
cezzy said:

Civ IV was amazing, hope V is even more so. I am a CivAddict! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRNsv69_tmg].
SAme here!

Cant wait!!1

Jul 9, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
I'll play it. I got Civ IV, spent about 4 hours with it (enough for about 2 long plays), and immediately found myself losing over and over due to it being so damn complicated. It was fun though, and if I'd given it time I would have enjoyed it more.
I know, Civ IV was a bit complicated for me too, but I still have a great time in Civ III.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Total War Napoleon and now Civilization V

If Tes V comes out this year I will officially die.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Lemme guess, the civ-on-a-console didnt work out too well? Couldnt get a piece of that console martket pie eh?
Awww what a pity, now you must return to the pittance the piracy ridden scum-pond of the PC world offers again, despite developing a console only Civ I am sure you will be forgiven... by most.

... probably including me :p

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
MY. GOD.

ASnogarD said:
Lemme guess, the civ-on-a-console didnt work out too well?
I dunno but it was an incredibly good game. I still play about two games every month.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Yay!

Holy shit. Has it really been 5 years since Civ IV? I'm getting old.

MurderousToaster said:
I'll play it. I got Civ IV, spent about 4 hours with it (enough for about 2 long plays), and immediately found myself losing over and over due to it being so damn complicated. It was fun though, and if I'd given it time I would have enjoyed it more.
The thing about Civ4 is that you can't play it the way you played Civ 1-3. In Civ 1-3 the formula was: more cities, more everything. Whereas in Civ IV building too many cities is a quick way to lose.