Civilization VI New Ideas for Civs and Leaders.

Xeorm

Apr 13, 2010
Lunncal said:
I heard about that but I'm still not sure about the details. Was that mod legitimately promoting Nazism or was it just a silly thing designed to let you play as space Nazis under space Hitler? If the latter (which is what I would have thought), it seems more than a little hypocritical. The game itself has a whole suite of options for purging or enslaving populations on the basis of their genetics or political leanings, after all.
It was promoting a message that the Stellaris team didn't want. Do note that the actual mod itself was fine. They had no problems with it, and it was up there for awhile. What eventually happened was that the mod group added on some messages in their mod description that was what got the mod removed.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Lord Garnaat said:
Rangaman said:
I said unlikely because of the reveal. The description of Roosevelt as "the leader of the Americans" rather than "a leader of the Americans" seems to imply that there is one leader for one Civ. And Fireaxis, to my knowledge, doesn't like bringing things back after they remove them. Remember Civilization II's global warming?
Which Roosevelt? I'm praying for Theodore, but I'm resigned to believe it will be Franklin Delano. Again.
It's good old Teddy. Saw it in the earlier-mentioned Quill18 vid. He even makes a comment about some new stuffed bear toys.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
SlumlordThanatos said:
I'm sure the first thing some Internet troll would do with this is make ISIS or some other terrorist group.

Hell, I'd do it for the lulz, and I don't even play Civ.
How is that even an argument? Are people not free do do what they want in their own singleplayer games?

OT:
I just hope that this time, the Danish leader(if present) won't sound like something out of a kid's cartoon.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Lord Garnaat said:
Rangaman said:
I said unlikely because of the reveal. The description of Roosevelt as "the leader of the Americans" rather than "a leader of the Americans" seems to imply that there is one leader for one Civ. And Fireaxis, to my knowledge, doesn't like bringing things back after they remove them. Remember Civilization II's global warming?
Which Roosevelt? I'm praying for Theodore, but I'm resigned to believe it will be Franklin Delano. Again.

I would second an Italian civ under Garibaldi, as mentioned above. I'm also hoping for a Mexican civ, possibly - they ordinarily don't include the more modern nations, but I think there's something to be said for them. I also hope that they make Sweden less completely awful this time around.

In addition, they should probably just break and make a Canada civ at this point. They might seem harmless, but the modders love them.

I would throw my support behind multiple leaders returning in this new game. I thought that Civ 5 was a vast improvement in most areas, but Firaxis leaving that out was a bit disappointing. Having more than one option for certain civs would definitely lend some variety.

A different Indian leader than Ghandi would also be welcome. He wasn't even the head of state, people! There are other people available!
Your prayers have been answered, mio amico.

I'm gunning for the Carolingian empire to be introduced, as well as a return of the Holy Roman Empire.

And if you want to learn about new leaders, we can always have Phillip II as the leader of France.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
Chessrook44 said:
Lord Garnaat said:
Rangaman said:
It's good old Teddy. Saw it in the earlier-mentioned Quill18 vid. He even makes a comment about some new stuffed bear toys.
Rangaman said:
Lord Garnaat said:
Rangaman said:

I would second an Italian civ under Garibaldi, as mentioned above. I'm also hoping for a Mexican civ, possibly - they ordinarily don't include the more modern nations, but I think there's something to be said for them. I also hope that they make Sweden less completely awful this time around.

In addition, they should probably just break and make a Canada civ at this point. They might seem harmless, but the modders love them.

I would throw my support behind multiple leaders returning in this new game. I thought that Civ 5 was a vast improvement in most areas, but Firaxis leaving that out was a bit disappointing. Having more than one option for certain civs would definitely lend some variety.

A different Indian leader than Ghandi would also be welcome. He wasn't even the head of state, people! There are other people available!
Your prayers have been answered, mio amico.

I'm gunning for the Carolingian empire to be introduced, as well as a return of the Holy Roman Empire.

And if you want to learn about new leaders, we can always have Phillip II as the leader of France.
Huzzah! I've been brushing up on my Roosevelt history recently, and now I am well and truly excited. "Make America Bully Again!"

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Had another thought, perhaps Frederick the Great as the leader of Germany.

FYI: Yes, I know he ruled Prussia, not modern Germany. But Prussia was the most influential and powerful of the states that unified to form Germany and was also the state (to the best of my knowledge) where the movement to unify Germany began and ended.

Some others I can think of:

Ivan the Great - Russia
Diocletian Caesar - Rome
Phillip II - France
John Curtin -Australia

At this point the leaders of the Aztecs, England, America, Egypt and China are all confirmed. Previous entries were spot on at predicting the leaders for the latter two.

Cap'nPipsqueak

Jul 2, 2016
Rangaman said:
For those who haven't heard, around eight hours ago it was announced by 2K that Teddy Roosevelt will lead the Americans in Civilization VI. This got me thinking: What civilizations/leaders should be added?

Now, for me, the Colonialist Legacies modpack for Civilization V is a good start, as it adds 23 Civs (it says 24, but there are two Australias for some reason) and most of those I would want to see in the new game, plus a few extras like New Zealand and the Kingdom of Italy. Although some seem a bit too overpowered in this modpack.

Unlikely as it is, I think it would also be cool to see multiple leaders return.

I definitely think we should see Queen Victoria, Charles de Gaulle and Diocletian Caesar, for a start

What do you guys think?

PS: Links to the Colonialist Legacies pages if you're interested:
Steam Community Page-https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=226864271
Civ Forums Page-http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512802
I'd like to have a shark with a laser beam on it's forehead as a world leader.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Rangaman said:

FYI: Yes, I know he ruled Prussia, not modern Germany. But Prussia was the most influential and powerful of the states that unified to form Germany and was also the state (to the best of my knowledge) where the movement to unify Germany began and ended.

Ivan the Great - Russia
Diocletian Caesar - Rome
Phillip II - France
John Curtin -Australia

At this point the leaders of the Aztecs, England, America, Egypt and China are all confirmed. Previous entries were spot on at predicting the leaders for the latter two.
Trajan is completely confirmed to be the leader of Rome though, and Barbarossa as leader of Germany, we've seen renders of Trajan and design art of Barbarossa.

France seems to be represented by Catherine de Medicis, and Russia by Peter, if we go by the leaked picture showing the leaders they were planning to use.

Akjosch

Sep 12, 2014
Here's an idea: Make it all moddable, both changing the default civilisations, removing them and adding new ones.

At least this way I won't have to facepalm that hard when I see that Poland doesn't start with Gniezno as its first capital, or Russia doesn't start with Kiev.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Akjosch said:
Here's an idea: Make it all moddable, both changing the default civilisations, removing them and adding new ones.

At least this way I won't have to facepalm that hard when I see that Poland doesn't start with Gniezno as its first capital, or Russia doesn't start with Kiev.
Capitals are usually based on the leader though, not the Civ itself. Besides, I believe capitals are randomized this time around.

---

Also, the fact that we might multiple leaders might have leaked.

Personally, I don't believe it, but I sure would be glad to get an alternative to Catherine de freakin Medicis.

Feb 28, 2008
Hungary -- Matthias Corvinus [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Corvinus]
The Papacy (or Papal States) -- Pope Leo I [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Leo_I]
Venice -- Andrea Gritti [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Gritti]

... would be new states and new leaders.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Sonmi said:
Rangaman said:

Ivan the Great - Russia
Diocletian Caesar - Rome
Phillip II - France
John Curtin -Australia

Trajan is completely confirmed to be the leader of Rome though, and Barbarossa as leader of Germany, we've seen renders of Trajan and design art of Barbarossa.

France seems to be represented by Catherine de Medicis, and Russia by Peter, if we go by the leaked picture showing the leaders they were planning to use.
Leaked images? Could you please link? I don't really doubt what you said, as this kind of stuff leaks (sometimes by accident, sometimes not) all the time. But I would like to see this image first.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Rangaman said:
Sonmi said:
Rangaman said:

Ivan the Great - Russia
Diocletian Caesar - Rome
Phillip II - France
John Curtin -Australia

Leaked images? Could you please link? I don't really doubt what you said, as this kind of stuff leaks (sometimes by accident, sometimes not) all the time. But I would like to see this image first.

Two problems with that last image though: C5 is probably the Mongols, and the picture of Philip II of Spain for E1 has been confirmed not to be a match.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
The Papacy (or Papal States) -- Pope Leo I [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Leo_I]

The Papacy? Now that's an interesting idea. Firaxis is probably far too controversy-shy to use it, though.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Recusant said:

The Papacy? Now that's an interesting idea. Firaxis is probably far too controversy-shy to use it, though.
Who knows? If Muslim Caliphates can be represented, why shouldn't the Papal States? Both are extremely powerful and influential states deriving their power from claiming to be the head of the dominant religious of the area.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Sonmi said:
Recusant said:

Who knows? If Muslim Caliphates can be represented, why shouldn't the Papal States? Both are extremely powerful and influential states deriving their power from claiming to be the head of the dominant religious of the area.
Yes and no. The Caliphates were, with the partial exception of the Abbasids under Seljuk rule, Mohammed's political successors as much as religious leaders; less of Islam's Popes and more of its kings. The Papacy is the reverse; primarily a religious head, less so (with occasional exceptions) a political one. For all its virtues and all its sins, Firaxis isn't Paradox.